• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Had some trouble trying to solo a Eletric Tera 6-stars Hydreigon raid.

Managed to beat with Florges with barely any tweaks in the moveset. Just replaced Synthesis for Wish (I was using the former for Charizard raid since it sets the sun up which increases the HP recovered by Synthesis) and adding Calm Mind. It was hard though. This come after failing with Tinkaton despite all the tweaks I've done on her moveset

Man, this typing is really hard. Eletric + levitate. On a pseudo. Basically no super effective damage unless you have something that negates abilities.

Then, did the daily Greninja run and... It wasn't fun. RNG screwed me and I've lost two times duo Night Slash criting.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Caught a shiny Lokix today, decided to hunt for it this morning since its my favourite gen 9 shiny.

Made a bug type sandwich with level 3 encounter boost and used my 2 herba mystica for the shiny boost. (I don't have the shiny charm, have to wait for Home to update to get violet's paradox pokemon.

20mins running around Area One and found it standing in the fields. Neutral nature and ended up changing its tera typing to fighting type and switched swarm to tinted lens.

Very happy about it.

Copley Hill Gym

It was reported today Pokemon Scarlet and Violet in their first six weeks hit 20 million copies sold.

Let that sink in. In just an eighth of the time it took Red and Green/Blue to sell 31 million copies, Scarlet and Violet are already 2/3rds of the way there.

They are the most successful console exclusive games by launch sales, ever.

Yes, they've got bugs and glitches we could do without, but I do think S/V are likely going to go down as some of the franchises' best games.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
People weren't kidding Iron Hands being so good on raids. Built one I got from surprise trade back when I was in the main campaign for a Kingambit 6-stars raid I was trying to solo and he worked super well. He made a tera water Baxcalibur 6-stars raid quite manageable as well.

Also, I got a random Gible I was planning to give the fire tera type... Then found out I've gotten one with fire tera on my box already lol

Yardas

Just bought Pokémon Violet, yesterday, and picked Sprigatito as my starter. Nothing more for now, hope to find soon my time to give this game a proper playthrough.

Pokemon Power

Well, I've beaten all the gyms and Titan Pokemon, and I have only one Team Star Admin left to face. I plan on doing the final parts of each path after I beat the Fighting-type Team Star base. My starter, Quaquaval also reached level 60, so I took my chances and battled the legendary Wo-Chien. Took a few restarts but I managed to catch it. I plan on catching the legendary Treasures of Ruin in National Dex order, so the next one I'll try to face is Chien-Pao.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Yesterday I caught a shiny Espathra, Scyther, and Mareep, all in one day! I’ve said it before but it bears repeating, Shinies are extremely common in these games. I’m up to 20 now, from just waltzing.

Raided and got a Timid 5-V Poison Gengar on Friday. Impish Fairy 5-V Garganacl this afternoon (but Clear Body), the raids have been favorable. Hoping this incoming patch fixes the Synchronize situation though. I’d much rather have it as a tool than a bunch of mints. Mints have their place, but don’t help for breeding.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Yesterday I caught a shiny Espathra, Scyther, and Mareep, all in one day! I’ve said it before but it bears repeating, Shinies are extremely common in these games. I’m up to 20 now, from just waltzing.

Raided and got a Timid 5-V Poison Gengar on Friday. Impish Fairy 5-V Garganacl this afternoon (but Clear Body), the raids have been favorable. Hoping this incoming patch fixes the Synchronize situation though. I’d much rather have it as a tool than a bunch of mints. Mints have their place, but don’t help for breeding.
20? I yet to find one Shiny in these games. In SwSh, I found three altogether in total in both games within the first month. I just can’t find any this time around.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?

It's funny, I never found a single Shiny at any point in my first Scarlet playthrough, and only one in my recent Violet playthrough. I did try the Herba Mystica sandwich recipes that are supposed to boost Shiny rates, but never found any while the meal power was active. Everyone makes it sound like there are multiple Shinies around every corner in these games, but my luck has been about the same as any other Pokemon game in the past.

Copley Hill Gym

So I am now into the final stages of my Violet playthrough, with just 15 Pokémon left to catch (will be posting my trades up on the quick trading thread shortly).

This means I achieved:

Scarlet - 400/400 in the first 17 days from release day.
Violet - 385/400 in 35 days (been playing it more casually this time around).

Overall I am sold on these games. I have had so much fun. Yes, there's been huge frustration out of the general awfulness of the tera raids and some glitches arising from graphic issues, but the core of the games, including the new Pokémon designs, the wild area that is Paldea, the three storylines and more are just amazing.

I intend to update my review on the basis of my two playthroughs in due course.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just finished the main story in Scarlet last night. I was already spoiled about the ending but I still had fun & I really enjoyed the fight with AI Sada at the end. It was also fun just exploring Area Zero with the other characters and the interactions between them really helped to flesh them out. Right now I’m going to take a hiatus from the game until either we get Home connectivity or the DLC drops. I also need to figure out which paradox pokémon I want to add to my postgame team

I did also catch a shiny Zweilous while I was in Area Zero, so I’ll probably offer that for trades once I start playing again

Main Team:
  • Pacheco (Quaquaval)
  • Dolores (Tinkaton)
  • Carlos (Espathra)
  • Taborda (Annihilape)
  • Laia (Armarouge)
  • Ainhoa (Baxcalibur)
Reserves (in Rotation):
  • Adrián+Sara (Maushold)
  • Tiago (Gholdengo)
  • Yerjet (Wo-Chien)
  • Clasico (Shiny Squawkabilly)
  • Koraidon

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Just finished the main story in Scarlet last night. I was already spoiled about the ending but I still had fun & I really enjoyed the fight with AI Sada at the end. It was also fun just exploring Area Zero with the other characters and the interactions between them really helped to flesh them out. Right now I’m going to take a hiatus from the game until either we get Home connectivity or the DLC drops. I also need to figure out which paradox pokémon I want to add to my postgame team

I did also catch a shiny Zweilous while I was in Area Zero, so I’ll probably offer that for trades once I start playing again
Before you do all that, the Gym rebattles enable 6+ star Raids. So getting that out of the way (and x10 4+ Raids) will ensure nothing gets dumped on you when the DLC hits that you have to rush to fulfill.

And it’s hard to deny Great Tusk. Cool design, incredible player on any team. Scarlet lucked out a little better with the Grounds. Violet got more penguins.

ShadowForce720

Took a bit but I finally managed to find two Sinistea in their antique form, and managed to catch both and evolve one into Polteageist. Of course there were some phony Sinistea that I had to knock out before finally finding the 2nd antique form Sinistea.

Considering how hard it is to find a Antique form Sinistea I, can’t imagine how hard it would be to find a Shiny Antique form Sinistea, other then it just sounds like torture. lol XD:p

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Before you do all that, the Gym rebattles enable 6+ star Raids. So getting that out of the way (and x10 4+ Raids) will ensure nothing gets dumped on you when the DLC hits that you have to rush to fulfill.

And it’s hard to deny Great Tusk. Cool design, incredible player on any team. Scarlet lucked out a little better with the Grounds. Violet got more penguins.
Well, I'm at least waiting until Pokemon Day to see what we're going to get for the DLC since I'm not sure if I want to just combine the plot of that story with everything else in the postgame like the gym leader rematches, the Academy Ace Tournament, the Treasures of Ruin, & interacting with Nemona, Arven & Penny before they become complete NPCs. Plus, I kind of want to wait until after Home connectivity drops so I can start training my Paldean team with the rest of my pokemon from my past playthroughs.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
Finally caught a shiny girafarig in my hunt Only took me about ten minutes using sandwich method. Then on my way to a raid den ran into a shiny skiddo

Pokemon Power

I've cleared the Team Star path and caught the legendary Chien-Pao! Next I'm gonna try to catch Ting-Lu, then head for Poco Path to finish the Titan Pokemon path.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I finally found Iron Valiant, but the little s*** would not get into a single Ball.

Finally I broke down I threw the Master Ball...

Same here went to my primary account with save where i had defeated the Elite 4 and went trying to find Iron Valiant. Turns out that the location it is found in is ridiculously obscure. Good thing i had a Master Ball saved for it, since i was suspicious that it would be hard to lower it's health.

And i caught a Iron Thorns (Tyrranitar) which i decided to nickname Godzilla.

ShadowForce720

I finally found Iron Valiant, but the little s*** would not get into a single Ball.

Finally I broke down I threw the Master Ball...
Same here went to my primary account with save where i had defeated the Elite 4 and went trying to find Iron Valiant. Turns out that the location it is found in is ridiculously obscure. Good thing i had a Master Ball saved for it, since i was suspicious that it would be hard to lower it's health.

And i caught a Iron Thorns (Tyrranitar) which i decided to nickname Godzilla.
Funny enough you can actually find Iron Valiant in the main cave with the Crystals if you ate a sandwich that gives you a level 2 fairy encounter power although it might work with a level 1 fairy encounter power.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Funny enough you can actually find Iron Valiant in the main cave with the Crystals if you ate a sandwich that gives you a level 2 fairy encounter power although it might work with a level 1 fairy encounter power.
I did mine this way. I rarely use sandwiches.