• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Copley Hill Gym

Finally caught the last of the treasures of ruin and that means…

Pokémon Scarlet - 400/400
Pokémon Violet - 400/400

This is the first time I’ve completed the Pokédexes in both main games in a generation.

Feels like an achievement. I’ve even battled fairly competitively in the first season online. Nothing amazing but I got master rank in singles and doubles.

Gotta say, I feel like I got my moneys worth from both games. Very happy. Just wish I’d got a Quaxley plush!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yesterday, I've done a screw up. To beat a poison tera 6-stars Amoonguss raid, I was struggling because it kept using Spore on my Klefki. Then, I thought on teaching Safeguard to it but it is not part of the pokémon learnset. So then I resorted to using Bronzong instead and even pumped vitamins on it.

Then when I was picking an item for it... I find out Safety Googles do block Spore so I could solo with Klefki as I've intended lol

Anyway, got a good haul on that one: 3 different herba mystica, one botte cap and the best of all: an ability patch!

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I finally found Iron Valiant, but the little s*** would not get into a single Ball.

Finally I broke down I threw the Master Ball...

Same here went to my primary account with save where i had defeated the Elite 4 and went trying to find Iron Valiant. Turns out that the location it is found in is ridiculously obscure. Good thing i had a Master Ball saved for it, since i was suspicious that it would be hard to lower it's health.

And i caught an Iron Thorns (Tyrranitar) which i decided to nickname Godzilla.
You guys using M. Balls on Iron Valiant; you can get unlimited numbers of the Pokémon (in Violet), and they do succumb to standard Poké Balls. (Same thing with Roaring Moon.) I find it easy to just knock it down to 1-HP with a False Swiper, then switch to Skeledirge. Haunter or Celeredge if you didn’t pick Fuecoco, and they get Disable for Night Slash. Haunter and Skeledirge can also put it to sleep.

Phil Rohan

I've defeated and caught the Titan Orthworm, and have been exploring all the areas you can access with Koraidon's jumping (including the top part of East Province Area One). I also evolved my Crocalor into Skeledirge. One thing I noticed - having not seen a single wild Orthworm prior to fighting the Titan, they're now all over the place. Clearly they were hiding until their leader was defeated.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
You guys using M. Balls on Iron Valiant; you can get unlimited numbers of the Pokémon (in Violet), and they do succumb to standard Poké Balls. (Same thing with Roaring Moon.) I find it easy to just knock it down to 1-HP with a False Swiper, then switch to Skeledirge. Haunter or Celeredge if you didn’t pick Fuecoco, and they get Disable for Night Slash. Haunter and Skeledirge can also put it to sleep.

Ahn, it's whatever. There aren't any pokemon in the game I feel are worthy of a Master Ball anyway, so I just flicked it.

Pokemon Power

Well, I finally beat the main story, and now I'm doing the post-game. I think I'll return to Area Zero to catch the remaining Paradox Pokemon available in my game, as well as some spares to put in Home so I can have them in the other version once I buy it. Then I'll do some of the gym leader rematches.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Well, I finally beat the main story, and now I'm doing the post-game. I think I'll return to Area Zero to catch the remaining Paradox Pokemon available in my game, as well as some spares to put in Home so I can have them in the other version once I buy it. Then I'll do some of the gym leader rematches.

Wait, is Home available for Scarlet & Violet now?

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Trying to find a Houndour or Zangoose mass outbreak in Scarlet and Violet is literally like trying to find a jar of pickles in a haystack. It’s an absolute nightmare and virtually impossible.

Last edited:

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I’ve tried cleaning up my boxes, and it’s become an anxious affair. Like deciding between children. Had the same problem in ORAS because even though you know you’ll never use or breed out half of them, the possibility to keeps you from releasing a lot of them. I liken it to a hording issue.

Hope we get another row of boxes when the DLC hits.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Learned the hard way I could counter the Torkoal spamming Clear Smog and Yawn by just... Using Substitute. Tried training an Iron Threads to counter it (it was eletric tera) and forgot to take fire moves in consideration.

Anyway, Ceruledge with Substitute did the job super well. It was so satisfying seeing it use Clear for not-very-effective messages, Lava Plume fail because of Flash Fire and Yawn completly bypassed.

Also, substitute lasted for like 6 turns (not taking crits into account)

Then had some bad rolls on Greninja's dailies. In a match, it landed a crit more than once. And not just Night Slash but freaking Hydro Pump too lol

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Found a bunch of Applin in Violet and caught a male and female to breed. Evolved both into a Flapple and Appletun and taught them some useful moves. Still looking for a Mimikyu.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Did you make a sandwich, and what area? I still only find the two near Dragon Tera Salandit and the sporadic one. I hate to go fight Dittos forever…

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Did you make a sandwich, and what area? I still only find the two near Dragon Tera Salandit and the sporadic one. I hate to go fight Dittos forever…
I just found what I think was an outbreak in Tagore Thicket. Just booted my game and I saw a bunch just hanging out.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Struggled with a fire tera Toedscool... Had to counter it using a Safety Googles Sheer Force Braviary with Hone Claws+Rock Slide. Not going to lie, it was satisfying seeing try Spore so many times just for it to fail. Its other tricks (Earth Power and Hex) were useless against a normal/flying type so all it had was Energy Ball. It was a close call given I had to heal with cheers (and didn't bother passing Roost) but I've managed it

Mobilisq

Trying to find a Houndour or Zangoose mass outbreak in Scarlet and Violet is literally like trying to find a jar of pickles in a haystack. It’s an absolute nightmare and virtually impossible.
Clearly you need to add a houndstone named Boney into your party

Edit: might as well make my own contribution to this thread. My project over the last few months in preparation for the home update is to catch as many creatures as possible with hisui variants in beast balls, and breed for shinies.

I've caught and breed all of the ones that I was able to in either sun/moon or bdsp, and now I'm working on the few left that I can do in sv before cross breeding shenanigans become necessary. Today, I just hatched a shiny teddiursa

Last edited:

Barrysun

just did the latest 7-star raid and traded my Meowscarada to my other games to catch Pikachu in those files

Red and Blue

Good thing I was able to catch the new paradox mons before work. Out of the two Iron Leaves took me the most tries due to the constant use of Swords Dance and Megahorn.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Good thing I was able to catch the new paradox mons before work. Out of the two Iron Leaves took me the most tries due to the constant use of Swords Dance and Megahorn.
Guessing Unaware Skeldirge would be great against it? You ignore the Attack boosts and is immune or resists all its moves. Second best may be Gholdengo who also hard walls its move set (though can’t ignore the Attack boosts).