• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Scarlet/Violet - Recent Happenings Thread

Copley Hill Gym

I’ve got together all of the new Pokemon in Violet (minus Koraidon) to put into my living dex, and I have Koraidon ready in Scarlet to transfer across to home. Looking forward to completing my living dex again.

Has anyone else got a living dex that started in Gen 3 and has continued all the way through to the present day?

I’ve even got all the Pokemon Coliseum and XD mons!

Last edited:

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Has anyone else got a living dex that started in Gen 3 and has continue all the way through to the present day?

I’ve even got all the Pokemon Coliseum and XD mons!
I wouldn’t say mine started in Generation 3. I didn’t start actively trying to compile my living Pokédex until ORAS came out. I’ve been pushing tons of Pokémon forward from all the way back from Generation 3 and there are Pokémon from that generation that make up my living Pokédex as well as some being battling Pokémon since there’s some moves exclusive to those games.

As for Coliseum and XD I am actually impressed that you have them all still. When I try going back through my Pokémon I only found three left (Zapdos, Articuno & Lugia) so I fear others were in either a FireRed or SoulSilver game I restarted.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Has anyone else got a living dex that started in Gen 3 and has continue all the way through to the present day?
I’ve only ever made two living dexes, & they were both for reward purposes. First I made an Isle of Armor living dex to get the crown accessory, & I recently made a living dex in Home of all the old pokémon in SV so that I can get all of the pokédex rewards & just focus on catching gen 9 pokémon

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I've been considering buying Scarlet and starting a whole new playthrough with a different character and team. I get the feeling Jalid's tenure will be short-lived. lol

Copley Hill Gym

I wouldn’t say mine started in Generation 3. I didn’t start actively trying to compile my living Pokédex until ORAS came out. I’ve been pushing tons of Pokémon forward from all the way back from Generation 3 and there are Pokémon from that generation that make up my living Pokédex as well as some being battling Pokémon since there’s some moves exclusive to those games.

As for Coliseum and XD I am actually impressed that you have them all still. When I try going back through my Pokémon I only found three left (Zapdos, Articuno & Lugia) so I fear others were in either a FireRed or SoulSilver game I restarted.

I made a point of starting a living dex during Gen 2 days and I still have almost all of my original Pokemon saved on the Pokemon Stadium 2 cart (knowing about the issues with the battery life helped) including my Mew with the OT UK from the Mew event at BlueWater.

Since Gen 3 I moved one of every Pokemon plus my increasingly large squads forward each generation. I have over 2000 stored now…! It’ll be 2500 at least by the end of the ninth generation.

I know, I have too much time on my hands…

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Has anyone else got a living dex that started in Gen 3 and has continued all the way through to the present day?
I've never attempted to do a living dex, with my Pokedex in Pokemon Home, I'm aiming for 100% completion but the only Pokemon I really hold on to are playthrough teams I became attached to, Shinies, Mythicals and some event distribution Pokemon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
HOLY CRAP! My first catch in my new Scarlet playthrough is a shiny Tarountula, completely 100% by random!!!

Now I need to decide if I want to keep it on my team since I only want to catch six Paldean pokémon for this playthrough & from what I’ve seen Spidops kind of sucks in battles & competitive

Sham

The Guardian of War
I started EV training after somebody on here gave me good advice on it and at the moment I'm trying to max out speed, special attack and attack with respective Pokemon.

Been trying to get more into competitive when I have the time and currently ran into a shiny Iron Bundle which I nicknamed Velo.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Here's what I do for EV training.

HP: Two ways to do this. Either fight Chansey to reward yourself more exp. or fight the Azurill near Los Platos.
Attack: The Pokemon in that bamboo forest place work well. (Luxray, Bisharp, Lokix)
Defense: The desert place near Zapopico. (Torkoal, Orthworm, Carkoal)
Sp. Att: Golduck near the Fairy Base.
Sp. Def: Near Alfornada, there is a ruins area full of Hypno and Tinkatuff.
Speed: The plain surrounding Medali. (Dachsbun, Persian)

Edit: Also, I would invest in the EV items (Power Lens and such). They save a lot of time.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Here's what I do for EV training.

HP: Two ways to do this. Either fight Chansey to reward yourself more exp. or fight the Azumarill near Los Platos.
Attack: The Pokemon in that bamboo forest place work well. (Luxray, Bisharp, Lokix)
Defense: The desert place near Zapopico. (Torkoal, Orthworm, Carkoal)
Sp. Att: Golduck near the Fairy Base.
Sp. Def: Near Alfornada, there is a ruins area full of Hypno and Tinkatuff.
Speed: The plain surrounding Medali. (Dachsbun, Persian)

Edit: Also, I would invest in the EV items (Power Lens and such). They save a lot of time.
Thank you very much for the advice, really helpful!

Pokemon Power

Well, the Home update dropped for me. I managed to move all the available Gen. 1 Pokemon over from past games to Violet. Plan to do rest by generation for the next few days. After I finished, I evolved the Mankey I had in Violet all the way into Annihilape.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Now I've done everything I wanted to do with Pokemon Home, I've deleted my previous two save files and started a new save for Violet. I've got as far as Cortondo and I'm about to challenge Katy's gym. It's been really good re-visiting the Paldea region after so many months away. My team at the moment includes Fuecoco and Smoliv as main-stays, and Buizel, Fletchling, Pawmi and Wooper as temporary team members until more pokemon I want to use become available. There's also a level 1 Eevee from a previous save waiting to join the team as soon as I can get a Water Stone to evolve her into Vaporeon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Almost have all 400 Pokémon in the Paldean Dex. Only need to breed Vigoroth, Tyranitar and evolve the Larvitar that hatches, and Zwelious and then evolve Hippoatas, Starly twice, Growlithe and Gimmighoul. I have all the other Pokémon. After that I can finish the quest to unlock the Ruins of Legend.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Between PLA, Scarlet and Violet, that’s my fourth shiny Froslass which is perfectly fine with me. Let’s go for another shiny Froslass!

Last edited:

Barrysun

Been busy breeding some Pokemon from Legend's Arceus, already did Sneasel and Arcanine. (altho, I had trouble finding Hisuian Arcanine since he was in the Party))

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Transferred over the Ursaluna and H-Liligant I wanted to put on my main team from Legends: Arceus along with a couple of other Hisuian forms. Also bred a few Pokemon I intend to temporarily send into Legends; Arceus to evolve. Now planning to train up a Kyogre and Groudon I intend to use for raids.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Been playing mostly Tears of the Kingdom but trying to do some Pokémon house cleaning as I am able to. Yesterday I moved over all of my living dex from Generation IX which brings my living Pokédex up to all 1010 Pokémon and then also moved over Paldea forms and others with form differences followed by transferring a Gimmighoul I caught in Go so I have all Pokémon forms registered.

I then moved some Pokémon that I have been saving for projects. I have a few hardy Dunsparce caught in HeartGold and I’ll try evolving them since they have a 50% chance of being three segments. I also have a Chespin that I breed in Ultra Sun that I completely forgot about leveling up; it is already EV trained and all of its egg moves are possible in SV so that’s a relief. I have a Girafarig from Sapphire that I will be evolving and possibly training. And then the first of my PLA transfers were moved—a shiny alpha Gallade that I just saw had the sharpness ability so that will be EV’d and leveled up eventually.

Even with the Home update, Pokémon really has been taking a backseat to Zelda. But that could be a good thing as I shouldn’t burn out on it between now and the DLC release.

Phil Rohan

Had a busy couple of days in Scarlet. I beat (and then caught) Titan Great Tusk, and then beat Alfornada gym. I got my Home update, and with that Sprigatito and Quaxly, and am now working on the Paldean part of my Home living dex. I also caught a Female Indeedee, and the red and yellow forms of Tatsugiri, as well as a shiny Stunky. (Apart from Paradox and Legendary Pokémon, the only Pokémon I now need to catch to complete the Pokédex are the Titan orange Tatsugiri and a Heracross. I also still need a Three-Segment form Dudunsparce.)

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm just over half way through my current Violet playthrough, I've done five Gyms, three Titans and three Team Star Raids, and the next thing I'm doing is Ryme's Gym. My team consists of Skeledirge, Combat Breed Tauros, Vaporeon, Kilowattrel, Arboliva and Garganacl. It took a while for this team to really get going, but now they're all above level 40 we're doing much better.

I also completed the Paldea portion of my Pokemon Home Pokedex today, now there's just four more Pokemon I need for 100% completion: Meloetta, Diancie, Hoopa and Magearna.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I transferred some hisuan pokemon (Braviary, Goodra, Overqwil, Wyrdeer and Lilligant). I also got a Fennekin and I plan to train them and use them to finish what’s left of the game.

Last edited: