• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Secrets!

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
I got back in to Pokémon during last summer, when I joined this forum, and the only people that new about my newly found love for Pokémon were my family members, and only them. When we went to school one of my friend, which I knew from the year before, was surprisingly into Pokémon. Ever since I found out I'm not hiding my secret or bragging about it.
Sometimes if I'm playing Black and texting some of my friend who are girls and they ask me "What are you up to" I'll make up something like watching tv.
So, do you keep it a secret to anyone. Have you tried to keep it a secret but someone found out?

I had kept it a secret but I told my class that I played Pokemon and they didn't mind.

I don't know why I told it but I am glad I did.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Nope. Never have, never will. It's really stupid to me to have to hide something that's about YOU. Be yourself, because if someone likes/respects/admires you for something that isn't true about yourself, then what's so great about that?

My advice is that you stop hiding it. I've made soo many friends at my college just because I either had my DS out, was wearing my Pikachu t-shirt, or had my Pokeball keychain on my bag.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
I know I know, I'm horrible for hiding it but I'm in Jr. High and Jr. High kids are dumb. I don't hide it anymore I just don't blurt it out. I had a long term sub, weirdly my ex girlfriends sister, and she just let us use our phones, ds(whatever is plural for ds), and basically any electronic device unlike every other stupid teacher. Sadly, the weekend Black came out our regular teacher came back. I wouldn't have been embarrassed to play it then.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I know I know, I'm horrible for hiding it but I'm in Jr. High and Jr. High kids are dumb. I don't hide it anymore I just don't blurt it out. I had a long term sub, weirdly my ex girlfriends sister, and she just let us use our phones, ds(whatever is plural for ds), and basically any electronic device unlike every other stupid teacher. Sadly, the weekend Black came out our regular teacher came back. I wouldn't have been embarrassed to play it then.

I understand. But it's better to find out right away that someone you know is gonna be screwed up about it rather than hiding it and then when they find out way later, it's a really big deal.

Plus you shouldn't worry about what your classmates think. And if your friends are your friends, they won't mind that you play whether they like it or not. :)

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I never hide it, my usual answer for how I spent my time is "I played Pokemon all day". And have open conversations about if pokemon were real.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
I never hide it, my usual answer for how I spent my time is "I played Pokemon all day". And have open conversations about if pokemon were real.

Sounds like me. :3 Half of my replies to the "What are you doing?" texts are "Playing Pokemon! :D" or "Just catching some Pokemon!" or something like that.

My friend at school thinks I'm crazy when I'm in the cafeteria with all my EV charts and lists of movesets and all.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Oh man, my friends are a whole different story! They all now about me liking Pokémon and they're fine with it! I guess that's the moral of the story -_- haha.
Haha, I like your answer PKMN Trainer Rex.

SmoG878

i'm not dead...srsly
i'm in 12th grade and my parents think videogames IN GENERAL are bad.

i've been secretly saving up and i've bought all the pokemon games from platinum up until black/white...SECRETLY!

i guess it's kinda the thrill of being put in the mission impossible environment that gives me the drive to do it, and that itself is backed up by the fact that it's secret.

the only reason i get away with it is because my parents couldn't care less about pokemon, so i can play the most recent game and they'd still think it's one of my oldies ;P

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
Sounds like me. :3 Half of my replies to the "What are you doing?" texts are "Playing Pokemon! :D" or "Just catching some Pokemon!" or something like that.

My friend at school thinks I'm crazy when I'm in the cafeteria with all my EV charts and lists of movesets and all.

Oh man, my friends are a whole different story! They all now about me liking Pokémon and they're fine with it! I guess that's the moral of the story -_- haha.
Haha, I like your answer PKMN Trainer Rex.

Most of my friends are cool with me playing Pokemon. For me its like "Rex did you study for the exam?" and I say "I tried but I couldn't concentrate, so I ended up playing Pokemon all day." And there is also this hot bi-chick thats into Pokemon too.

Added: I remember in middle school my friends caught all three Regis for me while I did my class work.

Flame Mistress

I'm keeping it a secret at school because I'm a girl.
Yes, you can call me a coward, but half of the class has never even heard of pokémon, so I keep quiet about it.
But I do have a neighbour who plays pokemon, and some of my dad's friend's kids play pokemon, so I don't worry about it then.

FiremanLV5

Everyone here my age remembers and loves Pokémon, so most of them played BW and HGSS when it came out. No need for secrets xD It was so awesome last summer, going to the park or something and seeing everyone with Pokéwalkers on their belts.

Shin'ou

Skyla lovers
Well I kinda hiding it to anyone except for my friends who are also a fan like me.

MonkeyX

in my school the kids seem to think that the only good video games are halo call of duty and stuff like that. Wiis and DSs are seen as being for little kids let alone pokemon so yeah i keep it a secret from everyone but my friends and all of them like pokemon too

Sea Swampert

being piratey
This question does get asked a lot. Here's the deal, I don't hide it and never have and never will and I'm 23. Pokemon is one of the thing that makes me, me. I have a lot of friends who play it, I talk about it with people at work. I've even got my girlfriend to start playing it!! She says she hates it and she's only still playing it coz she won't be beaten but I think deep down she likes it.

Hell, when I die I want the pokerap to be played at my funeral!!

Shin'ou

Skyla lovers
This question does get asked a lot. Here's the deal, I don't hide it and never have and never will and I'm 23. Pokemon is one of the thing that makes me, me. I have a lot of friends who play it, I talk about it with people at work. I've even got my girlfriend to start playing it!! She says she hates it and she's only still playing it coz she won't be beaten but I think deep down she likes it.

Hell, when I die I want the pokerap to be played at my funeral!!

Lol dude, you're the real man.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Thing is, many people at my school say "Halo and Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed are the best Video Games ever! Anything Else sucks!" I always fight back" Halo is an excuse to kill aliens, Call of Duty takes away the feeling of a loss, and Assassin's Creed teaches people to kill others horribly.". There's that one group who play Pokemon, and we aren't afraid to admit it. ;464;;485;