• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Secrets!

Pokénaut

Well I don't go around saying "I liek pokemon!" But if someone asks what games do you play I say Pokemon ^_^

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I don't really keep it a secret, but I'm not upfront about it either.

The reason being that I've been into it since the first generation and I've seen all of the phases. In elementary school - it was awesome. In middle school - everybody hated it and if you liked it you would get made fun of. In high school - nobody really talked about it. Lastly, in college I notice more people talking about and playing it.

It's actually the adults that I am intimidated by. My parents HATED Pokemon. Whether they really hate it now or not (seeing as I no longer ask for anything related to it. And especially since I never want ridiculously expensive worthless stuff like the cards), I still just don't really bring it up. In fact, I buy the games on my own time and not when they're around.

I don't think they'd care now, though. lol

As for my friends and stuff I have no problem talking about it. They know I love the games and that I really want the last two ones that have been released. The ones I talk to it about play the games anyway.

I don't think people care anymore. We're out of the preteen phase now. We like what we like, even if it is aimed at a younger demographic.

AZX612

On my own here we go
I used to be open about it back in 1st and 2nd grade in a catholic school and a majority of us loved pokemon. But as soon as my parents transferred me to a public school, it seemed as if everybody there seemed to hate/despise/not know about pokemon (Except for a select few who ended up being my friends = ) funny thing is, the friendship didnt start because of pokemon. It was just completely random) And after recieving alot of flak from the Popular kids (The ones who are at least somewhat nice when giving criticism) and the "Popular" kids (The guys who think they're popular but really they're just the low life scum, or bullies to put it lightly) I just kind of kept quiet about it. BUt I never stopped liking it = D

Cute

Kawaii for life~ x
My mates and i would spend our lunchtimes having pokemon battles. Once i had a pokemon battle during my english class and my mate was in another classroom. So i was sitting at the back of the classroom giggling to myself like the freak i am :)

Shiny Arcanine

well my family know i like it but they dont care. Heck i still watch the show(opinion B/W is a big improvement).So no i dont hide it even when i was in highschool i even brought my games to class if i had nothing better to do of coarse they made fun of me but I laughed at them for having to make fun of some one to increase there self esteem. :p man that ticked them off.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
There are a lot of adults that play Pokémon! I don't know what your talking about.

Hence the "or they shouldn't". It's chastised as immature, or at least it has been from my personal accounts. I just keep it to myself these days.

If I want to talk about Pokemon with people, I visit the forums where at least it's anonymous.

That's not how Texans talk, or not how all Texans talk.

Agreed. Lived in Fort Worth all my life and that dialogue was just for effect.

ChrisKoala

Eater of Nachos
I don't why anybody would keep it a secret. Do some people think playing Pokemon is embarrassing? All my friends know I play, even the ones who have no real interest in it.

Ruskittlez

Gallade Master!
Theres kids in my class who make Vs on their heads then yell VICTINI. No need for me to secret it.

Haunter ゴースト

I keep it a secret.

Im 16 and if i was to mention i liked Pokemon i know the sh*t that would be said about me, heck even my parents don't know :L

None of my friends my age play it either.

It's not like im embarrased, I just don't want to lose my popularity and respect with people.

Last edited:

Chariphlosion

I had kept it a secret but I told my class that I played Pokemon and they didn't mind.

I don't know why I told it but I am glad I did.

I don't think it really matters, even if your a 30 year old. The rating DOES have E for Everyone. ;006; ;250; ;249; ;384;

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Everyone keeps saying all my friends know I play Pokémon, but so do mine I just keep it secret from everyone else. Although I'm not like Super-Secret about it. I wouldn't really care if anyone found out. I only have one friend that likes Pokémon and we're always talking about it in athletics, lunch, and in the hall. Haha...

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
Hell, my Mom buys me Pokémon stuff. She just thinks it's quite funny that I still like it after all these years.

I'm really open about it, gonna cosplay Ash, Misty and Brock with some friends at school soon.

Chariphlosion

I keep it a secret.

Im 16 and if i was to mention i liked Pokemon i know the sh*t that would be said about me, heck even my parents don't know :L

None of my friends my age play it either.

It's not like im embarrased, I just don't want to lose my popularity and respect with people.

Don't worry, dude, ur not alone, I do the same thing. ;303;

RedMage23

The Red Mage
This reminds me of a very similar thread that I saw on a VERY VERY different forum... :|

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Not at all. I 'm trying to hide it, but since I say to anyone that I can make me look like Red, so I guess I 'm destined to always play pokémon and anyone will know.

Richard91

Most of the kids in my old school played pokemon and they are cool if you still play pokemon because they use to be the same way too. I tend to keep it a secret to some people unless they bring something up pokemon related.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
This reminds me of a very similar thread that I saw on a VERY VERY different forum... :|
That's cool and all, but no need to post it just to get your post count up. Now your looking at the computer going, how did he know?!

manaphee

新たなる誓い
hnnngh. i'm the worst about this.
the only people that know are my closest friends, which accounts for six people. :I
if someone asks, i deny it and say that the last time i played it was fourth grade.
i'm in seventh. :I
i'm most certainly not frequently asked, but i have been asked within the past year. o3o if i were to tell i'd be lumped into a loser pile.