• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Secrets!

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
That's SO DUMB! There is another thread about this called 'The Social Implications of Pokemon', and I'll say the same thing here that I said there:
You should like whatever you want, no matter what people say about it. Don't worry about what people think; if they call you a loser, then they really need help themselves. They aren't the kind of people you want to talk to anyway. I for one, would never call any person a name just because of what they like. People are all different for a reason; it makes the world more interesting.

legendarypokemonmaster

Not all people are that tolerant. If you have a lot of friends who are, or play pokemon, then cool. Sometimes it's better not to tell people things, you don't have to announce it. Some people are real jerks and will give you a hard time, so it would be better to not tell anyone and avoid the conflict. No one likes to be rejected.

Celebii21

I swear I am the only one (excluding girls) at my school who doesn't have:
1: An XBOX
2: CODBO or Halo
3: A phone
4: A sick/twisted/ mind due to excessive XBOX.
Pokemon is usually frowned upon at my school due to the above, but I don't care.

I don't keep it a secret really. All my friends except one like pokemon. The guy who doesn't like it thinks it's for little kids. He is also a Halo junkie, but he isn't twisted. And for all you Halo/CODBO lovers out there, most of you are cool. No offense.

Last edited:

MOGARFU

Avery, EV Trainer
I only tell my close friends and they play too. I also enjoy halo though, (I have every halo game! lol)

manaphee

新たなる誓い
I swear I am the only one (excluding girls) at my school who doesn't have:
1: An XBOX
2: CODBO or Halo
3: A phone
4: A sick/twisted/ mind due to excessive XBOX.
Pokemon is usually frowned upon at my school due to the above, but I don't care.

I don't keep it a secret really. All my friends except one like pokemon. The guy who doesn't like it thinks it's for little kids. He is also a Halo junkie, but he isn't twisted. And for all you Halo/CODBO lovers out there, most of you are cool. No offense.

i love black ops ._. i don't even have it, but i play it at my friend's house~
i've actually been told i was popular... by other popular people. ._. and i'm friends with most of them. if i told my secret to everyone all that would be gone.

Burakoru

Belly Slide
I hate Victini, it's look, pose, and typing is good, but it's not a good fighter, even if it is the Victory pokemon.

TheJenk

Pokemon Breeder
I don't usually go around telling people, but under no circumstances do I hide it either. I have a pokeball keychain on my zipper to my jacket, and I almost always have my DS on me in sleep mode so I can keep breeding/EV training whenever I get downtime at work or school or whatever. If people ask "Are you playing pokemon?" I'm just like "Pffft yeah, I wanna be the very best, and the only way to do that is to keep training!"

Karzon

The Noobish Breeder
I never lie, because I can't. Blind people can read my face and tell if I'm lying or not. So people know I like pokemon, hell my boss is giving me a paid vacay for the VGCs ( Amazing what you can do when you cover everyone's shifts). I don't care what people think of me liking pokemon because, well I just don't care about what strangers think

What kills me is I have a friend that secretly likes pokemon, but whenever someone comes over and makes fun of us for it, he throws me under the bus.

Makes me go all sadfaic

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Me and a few friend like Pokemon, and are not afraid to admit it. It is just the PERFECT video game for Road Trips, and Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Halo, etc. all have twisted minds, and it takes away the feeling of a loss.

legendarypokemonmaster

^I know right! And those games do twist peoples minds, it is very sad.

*IZ*

Its pretty funny because when people ask what kind of games I play I say Call Of Duty and Pokemon and they just talk about Call of Duty which I'm ok with but I wish for once they would talk about pokemon

Wildfyre

X + Y, get pumped!
Well I used to, but I realized something. I'm already very "popular" at my school. Do I care about popularity? No. So I just play in public. If people don't like me for it, it's their loss. They're just not confident enough with him/herself to speak for him/herself.

Wildfyre

X + Y, get pumped!
i've actually been told i was popular... by other popular people. ._. and i'm friends with most of them. if i told my secret to everyone all that would be gone.

That's sad. I'm popular AND I play pokemon.
PS: Sorry for double post, it was an accident :(

mew777

i never hide it and play it in most of my classes dat teachers dont care if i have electronics and plus im a senior in high school and the ima pretty cool and known guy in the school and people dont care dat i play pokemon the girls say ur such a nerd but in a friendly way since i get along with basically with everyone and i mess around alot and am kinda imature but the peopel love it and its usually when you hide it that when people find out they bag on u for it :)

Pansy :]

anustart
I have a few friends who I've known for ages who I've told, my family knows, but other then that I work increadibly hard to keep it secret... like putting duct tape over my dsi camera whenever I play incase my game goes hay-wire... and like starts an x-transiver conversation thingy... Yes I know that's impossible, but your also talking to the girl who throws her webcam into the back of the closet every night so it doesn't spy on her sleeping :)

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
That's SO DUMB! There is another thread about this called 'The Social Implications of Pokemon', and I'll say the same thing here that I said there:
You should like whatever you want, no matter what people say about it. Don't worry about what people think; if they call you a loser, then they really need help themselves. They aren't the kind of people you want to talk to anyway. I for one, would never call any person a name just because of what they like. People are all different for a reason; it makes the world more interesting.

You have to have a limit to being different. Although there are a lot of people that play Pokémon, in some schools/work Pokémon is different and not in a positive way. You can be different at home, but if you everyone knows you play, or especially watch, Pokémon people aren't going to accept you.
Point is, it's fine for someone to tell their friends, but not everyone else IMO.

aaaaaarrghhh so, much, spam

on topic:
i was going to admit it to my friends at school (year 10 btw) but five minutes after class as i walked towars my locker i saw these kids play pokemon and was about to see what they were doing intil this kid in year 9 walks up to them, starts laughing and calls them...
uhhhhh kids look away

are you serious?! your playing pokemon.
they replied by saying yeah
then he goes says "you guys are a bunch of ****ing retards, get a life you bunch of gay fags"
then hes freinds came up and pretty much repeated this to them and i swear one of the kids was about to cry
and thats why im not admiting i play at this school

thats why im not admiting it although i did at my last school (year 7 to year 8)

Piemonster24

Americus Heracrosius
Come to my school, and try to admit it. Although the kids who pick on other kids about pokemon know a little too much about the game to not play it... Kinda makes you wonder who really does play and who dosen't.

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
I'm not afraid to admit that I play pokemon, but I only reveal it to those who dare to ask. I always take my DS to school, but most of the time, I just play Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days instead of Pokemon. But I got a feeling that I'm going to play White whenever I can... x}