• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Shiny Colors

PokemonTrainerKaden

Are there any Pokemon that you think look like their shiny colors should be their natural colors? Personally I think Tangela and Tangrowth should be naturally green and blue should be their shiny form. Just because they're grass types and all.

The Master Chief

Hmmmm i'll agree with the Tangela Tangrowth statement >-> I think Haxorus's sshiny form should be his regular form ^_^ It just looks cool to me =P

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
Those are both great examples. I think hoppips shiny form should be its regular form, that way the whole pink evo thing makes ense

rocky505

Garchomp, like there's a difference lol.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Those are both great examples. I think hoppips shiny form should be its regular form, that way the whole pink evo thing makes ense

I'm actually going to disagree on Hoppip's. His Shiny form sort of makes him look demented. I like the pink.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
I think Shuckle's shiny form should just be an alternate form, as well as other colors. I love how its shell is the only thing that changes; it just looks so natural. I think it'd be cool if Shuckle had a sort of mini-Spinda thing going, where its shell color is randomized when it's first formed.

Besides that, Slugma. I love the "hardened lava" look it has to it.

The Koffing Family's shiny forms also get my vote, as I find the vibrant blue to fit the more "radioactive" vibe of the family, and it'd add a little variety to the Gen 1 Poisons.

Finally, Gengar. It's the Shadow Pokemon, not the Grape Otterpop Pokemon. There is no reason for Gengar not to be black.

Valkerion Moonshadow

Well for one, Glaceon definitely, it just looks so good!! But others I'd say Chandelure and Zoroark.

Well th Shinx line could be mostly yellow with black fur/manes, as yellow is associated with electric types. Also Chandelure, its flames are purple but its shiny form's flames are yellow/orange which is more realistic. There are others but those are some of the top of my head =D.

Bleu

Shiny Catcher!
Well th Shinx line could be mostly yellow with black fur/manes, as yellow is associated with electric types. Also Chandelure, its flames are purple but its shiny form's flames are yellow/orange which is more realistic. There are others but those are some of the top of my head =D.

I think the purple flames of its regular form represents its ghost type characteristic, and the orange flames completely deviate from that concept, as if the fires are so vibrant and hot it is nearly alive. Though, I do wish Chandelure's red flame colour scheme was consistent throughout its evolutionary line.

PokemonTrainerKaden

I think Shuckle's shiny form should just be an alternate form, as well as other colors. I love how its shell is the only thing that changes; it just looks so natural. I think it'd be cool if Shuckle had a sort of mini-Spinda thing going, where its shell color is randomized when it's first formed.

Dude that'd be a great idea! But how would the shiny work out if he just had a bunch of different colors?

MuseHarmonia

~♥Raichu♥~
I really like Dragonite's shiney form....it looks naturalish. xD
I hate Roserade's though. She looks wilted. ;3;
Um....I'm drawing a black. :p

ECM

I think Cyndaquils evolution familys shiny colors could very well fit being their regular colors. I've always wanted a shiny Quilava.

Cyrius

Ice-Cold Charisma
Seriously, i think some of the Eeveelutions need a different color scheme. theres like little difference when it comes to leafeon, glaceon, and jolteon.

Rai+

After scouring this entire list: :p

Tentacruel, because it fits in with it being a poison type. Gengar, because I just think it makes more sense for it to be a black shadow. Rhydon's shiny is more of a sandy colour to fit in with its ground type, just as well as the grey original does rock. Feraligatr works, because it's more aqua-ey than blue&red. Tangela and Tangrowth, because I always thought they should be green grass, not weird blue tentacles :p Liepard and Zoroark's shinies just seem more fitting for dark types. Chandelure works either way.

And also, any pokemon whose shiny sprite is barely different to their regular sprite. I still think that they should try and go all inverted on these, because what's the point of them being shiny? xd

(I also think the majority of greenish shinies are ugly...it's a sickly dirty kinda green :()

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Garchomp's shiny color is barely recognisable for me. It should have been red or something.

shadorai

wandering trainer
i think they should have put a little more heart into the shinies where their shiny color is just their original color tinted slightly (which is sadly about %25 of shinies)