1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sizes That Surprised You

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Dew Watatsumi, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Dew Watatsumi

Dew Watatsumi Water Type E-3

Now we all know that pokémon vary in many shapes and sizes, but when yo look closely at the pokémon, they are shorter or larger than you expect. For me for example, I'm actually surprised that Excadrill is 2'04 (.7 Meters), that's the same height as Buizel, but shorter than Dewott. I kinda thought he was around the 3 foot mark. What height/size in pokémon surprised you?

2. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

^this

Also Nidoking and Nidoqueen look like gigantic beasts but are the size of 3rd graders. I also remember thinking that Arceus was the size of a horse.

3. AnakBaé

AnakBaé Well-Known Member

Regigigas the "Colossal Pokemon" is only 3.7 m (12'02") tall!? thats pretty dang short for a "Colossal Pokemon"!
    They should've change it to at least 10 meters tall or even higher, I mean its supposed to be a gargantuan moving statue or something.

4. Dew Watatsumi

Now you're going to my threads now?
    1. you're off topic
    2. many sizes vary from different species (the largest is 40ft)
    3. did you even bother playing the games?
    4. if pokémon is real, I will laugh at your grave if you were killed by a dragonite (8ft) or something

5. Pokemon~Master

Pokemon~Master Well-Known Member

I thought Gastly was like 61 or 91 centimeters or so (2 - 3 feet). But it's above the 4 foot range. o.0

6. Ver-mont

Ver-mont Well-Known Member

Crobat. Manectric. Articuno. I thought they were smaller.

7. Dew Watatsumi

Wow, a troll has gave me more post. XD

8. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

Dunsparce. I thought it was little, like Caterpie, but it is HUGE. It is a shame they never portrait it with the right size in the anime.

9. Crimson_Blazer

Crimson_Blazer Well-Known Member

Slowing is 6'07. That's freakin Huge. Groudon and kyogre are portrayed as humongous in the anime, yet are 11 and 14 ft

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  10. Dew Watatsumi

Slowking wants pants.
    I have another one.
    Lucario is 3'11 (1.2m) I'd expect him to be around the 5 foot range

11. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

Excadrill is also pretty short, 2'04", I remember people complaining about its size when it was revealed. Now that I think, Roselia is the most surprising case, it is only 1'00", I thought it was taller because of its size in the anime. Roselia is just a little pixie.

12. tcg

tcg 私は日本語が話せない

I never watched the Anime, or read the manga so I was shocked that charizard was not 10 feet tall for some reason.

13. Dew Watatsumi

Nope, only 5'11. You would think he's Dragonite's size

14. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Crobat is definitely bigger than I thought.

15. MidnightFennekin

MidnightFennekin Furfrou Fanatic

Arbok. That thing is the height of Groudon! Or at least if it was on the tip of its tail, fully uncoiled.

16. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

Dratini. I thought it was a cute, knee-high snake, then I looked in the SS Pokédex, saw the size comparison and I went "HOLY HELL THAT'S ONE F*CKING BIG SNAKE".

17. Dew Watatsumi

Did anyone find it weird that Arcanine and Samurott looked ALOT smaller in the B/W2 trailer.
    Arcanine 6'3
    Samurott 4'11

18. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

I thought Excadrill was way bigger than what it actually is before I saw the anime or pokédex entry.

19. Inferno Vulpix

Inferno Vulpix Despicably Average

Beartic is 8' 6".

Sharpedo and Furret are 5' 11".

Dunsparce is 4' 11".

Ledian and Hitmontop are 4' 7".

Gastly is 4' 3".

Yanma is 3' 11".

Ledyba, Ferrothorn, and Chandelure are 3' 3".

Galvantula and Magcargo are 2' 7".

Excadrill and Whimsicott are 2' 4".

Staravia, Klang, and Klinglang are 2' 0".

Cinccino is 1' 8".

Roselia is 1' 0".

And Joltik is a grand total of 0' 4".

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  20. Rakurai

Rakurai Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that Salamence was only a little over four feet tall, which makes it the shortest out of all the pseudo legendary dragons by a fair degree.