• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sketches

~DragonFriend~

Konata Freak
Hey everybody, im new here. I like to draw, & pokemon seemed like a pretty fun thing to try. Enjoy my art!

ch.png

Scan0006.png

Scan0005.png

5.png

Ideas for more would be appreciated, coz since theres so many pokemon i never know which to draw >_<

Last edited:

Light Venusaur

Konoha's FMA Ninja
Very nice...I esp <3 the Chibi-nish of ;001;.
BTW: Vensaur dosen't have a tail...& it's has to be more cubby.
3s.png
< see like so.

~DragonFriend~

Konata Freak
thanks. yeah the venosaur isnt too flash, i kind of expected when i started since it seems like a kind of hard thing to do

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
Aw~ That chibi bulbasaur is so cute~ Nice job with the sketches. You got the proportions perfect!

LegendaryRotom

I wouldn't worry about the Venusaur. It all depends on the way you see it.
Anyway, a lot of tailles pokemon look better with a tail.
But, they do appear a bit 'squished'. Maybe place on a bit more detail or give them more flowing movements.
('See how their legs are really straight? It makes em' look stiff.)
Overall, They are good.'In need of a little touching-up here or there, but they are good.

Ideas for more would be appreciated
Heatran. It's perfect for practicing just the right amount of detail, flow, and it has an excellent form.

~DragonFriend~

Konata Freak
Ah heatran sounds like a great idea, and thanks for the comments and tips everybody =D heatran will hopefully turn out nicely

Edit---------------

K, done heatran
4.png
It turned out OK, but i dont really love the body shape

Last edited:

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I do agree where you say the body shape isn't exactly right. The feet look just about right, though you are missing part of back legs. So now it only looks like he has 3 legs. ^^; As the face shape goes, maybe it's just not elongated? Too squished maybe?

I'm not sure if you do this already, but when drawing you should always have a picture of the thing your drawing nearby so you can keep proportions and such in check. n_n

Also I just wanted to say that your Elekid drawing is excellent.

pokeaidmissy

Very nice for a beginner! I like the fact that you are taking advice and are praticing. It shows! Your drawings seem to be getting better and better! Very cute! I like your 'sketchy' style! Work on body proportions and making the Pokemon look less 'squished'.

~DragonFriend~

Konata Freak
thanks for the helpful advice and comments everybody :) its appreciated.

5.png

Did a sandshrew, but i didnt have a reference so it turned out a little bit different to a proper sandshrew.

~DragonFriend~

Konata Freak
thank you :3

anywho, this morning before school i drew a skarmory--
Scan0005-1.png

please ignore the not-so-good shading on the wings etc

Misfit_PM

Wandering
I think they are cute!

The first two could use a little work in the size department, but the more you do, the better they seem to get!

~DragonFriend~

Konata Freak
thanks for the comment :3

Also, i tried doing raikou, mainly to practise my shading. it turned out ok i think. Really new to doing the shading

Scan0006-1.png

Also curious as to if my sketches look better with the shading or not??

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
Ooh, I love the shading on the cloudy bits on Raikou's back~
My only complaint is the front left lag looks a bit odd to me...
You're definately getting better~!

Light Venusaur

Konoha's FMA Ninja
i_raikou.gif

Your Raikou's claws are just a tad to long (he needs a manicure/pedicure).
Like Rika said the legs aren't "chunky" enough.
Other then that....it's ok.

~DragonFriend~

Konata Freak
lol thanks for the comments all. lol..manicure/pedicure bit made me laugh, but yeah the claws are a bit...dangerous to young childrens eyes. and yeah that leg..i dunno. the claws are what look a bit out for me. anyway im finishing off a lopunny (or whatever bunearys evo is called) and when my sistrs off the other comp ill scan it up (could be a while -.- )

Edit----
she got off quick
Scan0007.png

i like most of it except the eyes. they make it look a bit more cartoony than usually

Last edited:

dawsoc

Yes, I'm still alive
all of them are good,especially raikou,lopunny could use some work though.