1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Smash 4/10/11 - rerun of BW025 and BW027

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by The Great Butler, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

I haven't seen this anywhere on here, so I thought I'd mention it.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2011/04/05/48304.html

The April 10 episode of Pokemon Smash will be rerunning BW025 (the Burgh gym battle and Team Rocket's reset) and BW027 (the Emolga episode). No information on the 'promised' airings of BW023 and BW024 or the skipped BW026 was given.

2. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

This is important because-?

Not trying to be rude, but why?

3. The Great Butler

I thought someone might be interested, excuse me.

4. Sapphire Kirby

Sapphire Kirby Evaluation time!

Does Pokemon Smash run reruns often? Either way this doesn't seem like big news, but thanks for the update nontheless.

Weird that we don't have a thread for general Pokemon anime news. Then again, most pokemon anime news is episode titles that get speculation threads anyways.

5. Eternal Darkness

Eternal Darkness Eternal Evil

I understand, wasn't trying to be mean, sorry if I seemed that way to you.

6. The Great Butler

Pokemon Smash features a weekly rerun, much like Pokemon Sunday did before it. However, I can honestly say that this is the first time I've ever heard of two episodes being rerun in a single week, and also the least amount of time between an airing and its rerun - usually they only show episodes that are years old.

The absence of even a repeat of the promise to air those three missing episodes 'eventually' struck me as rather interesting, too. This could be a good way to squeeze them in without disrupting the schedule.

7. Sapphire Kirby

Sapphire Kirby Evaluation time!

Ah, I know very little about Pokemon Smash, but now I see how this is interesting. Since a whole hour of Pokemon one week means giving Naruto (I think) a whole hour another week, Pokemon Smash would be perfect in airing those episodes. Perhaps airing these recent reruns could be a test of some sort; if viewers would be willing to watch reruns during Pokemon Smash, then they wouldn't mine waking up early to watch the skipped episodes (if I lived in Japan I would: I want to see James with a giant laser, nomatter the color of his uniform).

8. KibaLG8

KibaLG8 Well-Known Member

It would be a good thing for BW025, considering that the ratings were low from its initial airing. It may not be "important news" for you guys you weren't savaged by a tsunami & earthquake but its good for those who were unable to watch the episode beforehand because of the disaster.

9. Aquadon

Aquadon TCG Trainer

Wow, I usually thought that Pokemon Smash, along with the other Sunday shows, ran OLD reruns. Granted, the only time I remember hearing about the specific episodes, they did Lt. Surge's battle during the HG/SS announcement. Was that really 2 years ago?

10. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Japan actually airs reruns of all the older series.

Kids Station airs Kanto/Orange/Johto as well as AG. Meanwhile Disney Japan is airing the DP series again.

If you live in Japan you can watch any saga on TV.

11. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Degrassi Student

*Facepalm* Don't call it a TR Reset when we have yet to see them in action since this so called reset!

12. The Great Butler

I'll get back to you on Thursday on that one.

13. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Having their personality back doesn't mean they'll stop being competent. Just wait for BW033. ;)

14. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

True, it doesn't mean that they will be good from now on, look how long TR were being goofy, until they became serious, so they could become serious again, somewhere down the track, but BW033 means nothing.

What? They're using a flying mecha - Goofy TR always used mecha's before.
    They captured Ash and co. with their equipment? Goofy TR has done that before. They captured a Pokemon in a container? They have definitely done that before. Case in point, BW033, does not mean, TR will be going back to being bad in that episode.

Anyway, this is a bit interesting anyway, they're showing reruns of relatively recent episodes, that's good.

15. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Perhaps we'll get the TR VS TP two parter in Pokémon Smash? :O

.. wishful thinking. XD

16. The Great Butler

I can't believe people seeing James on a monochrome art sheet smiling while holding Elgyem in a suitcase means they're completely competent again. That is about the most vague "proof" of anything I've ever seen.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  17. Janovy

Janovy Banned

And them getting their personalities back isn't? Seriously, just wait for the episode to air.

If they have actually gone back to their old selves they would have started chasing after Pikachu already the next day. But they haven't, now what does that mean?

18. The Great Butler

FYI, not everyone thinks "acting like you have no brain" equals a "personality."

They had no personalities since arguably mid-Johto at the latest. Showing up to derail an episode in the same way as every other time is not a personality.

I guess this is how it will be prolonged on and on, endlessly holding out. Already if they're idiots this week isn't good enough, we have to wait a whole month longer. Then what if BW033 comes and they act stupid then too?

The secretary told them explicitly to return to what they were doing to benefit Team Rocket on their own. If that - an outright, direct statement - is not enough to convince you that they're back to how they were before, what will prove it to you?

All not appearing every week shows is that the writers learned how to not slaughter their appeal by running them ragged. That doesn't make them good characters, it makes them bad characters played wisely.

19. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I guess you never watched the TR centric episodes, where they show more personalities than the main trio.

They won't, that's what I think. If they do, I'll admit I was wrong.

It proves to me that TR will remain funny and retain their personalities, but they won't go back to blasting off each episode like they used to.

20. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

Note that BW027 actually reairs in the following episode, on April 17th. Smash still needs its half hour for its variety section, after all^^

Also, I'd appreciate it if the TR discussion didn't spread all over the place like some annoying disease. This thread is completely unrelated to them and should be treated as such :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.