• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Soul Silver/ Heart Gold?

AquaMeow

I want to know everyone's personal views on the remade Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver games? "I personally enjoyed them and I am currently playing it even though I have Pokemon White 2."

Oh and btw I'm new to this Poke Forum stuff !

Hikatoshi26

I love Soul Silver because to me Lugia>Ho-oH also I never owned Gold. I had silver and Crystal so yeah....

AquaMeow

My first pokemon game was Silver Version and I was siked when I saw they had remade it :) I owned Crystal about a year after the Silver game which introduced the first female character

Räven Velish

black lives matter
I got them both. They are my favorite video games ever, because of the amazing post game, and extraordinary Dex. And by "Dex" I meant getting extra Starters and a Snorlax. :3 I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who loved 16 gyms and... Ash! He even had the lil Pikachu! Or you could... uh... I guess... call him 'Red', but to me, he's Ash. :p

PokemonTrainerKaden

I love them both, I'm playing the. Right now. You might have more luck with this thread in the HeartGold and SoulSilver forum.

Cutty

Forever now
Well, Johto is not my fave region nor G/S/C, but I always excited for a new pokemon main series game. So I still enjoyed HG/SS basically, cool addition to the collection.

AquaMeow

I enjoyed getting all the starters. I got Squirtle and Torchic :) And I also enjoyed defeating Red as well as defeating the gym leaders over again. Its as though after you beat them they decided to EV train or something lol.

Elnava

The Successor!
I loved Soulsilver, favorite pokemon game to this day. Silver was the first game I played way back and when I heard that there were going to be remakes I was more excited than I had ever been for a new game. Playing through it, my trusty Cyndaquil and I had a lot of fun, from the gym leaders to the E4 to Red, it was awesome in its purest form.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I was excited when I found out my favorite games in the series were being remade, and it lived up to my expectations. The nostalgia was very high while it added new aspects to it. I only had Pokémon Silver, so I never played through Crystal's story, and that helped it stay exciting for me. Even though the Gym Leaders weren't too tough for the most part (still despise Whitney, though), I had a lot of flashbacks battling them, and it made me feel like a kid again. I also liked how they brought in the idea from Pokémon Yellow of having the first Pokémon in the party be outside walking around. It was a very adorable tidbit, and I'm happy they did that.

Overall, I really like the remakes. It's beautiful, it's nostalgic, it was up to my expectations and more. Getting SoulSilver was really the only reason why I bought a DS in the first place, even if it took me almost a year to get one. I don't regret it in the least.

I want to know everyone's personal views on the remade Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver games? "I personally enjoyed them and I am currently playing it even though I have Pokemon White 2."

Oh and btw I'm new to this Poke Forum stuff !
im still playing too!!!

ohjeezitskim

I liked how much there was to do in the games, 16 badges, elite four, Red. But once you did all that I got bored real quick. It was my favorite game, but now it's white 2.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
To be fair, doesn't all of that apply to the original GSC games as well? (Excluding Mewtwo, of course, which is actually more to the old games' detriment.)

Correct. Of course my non fondness of the game doesn't mean it's my least favorite where Johto holds 4th at the moment being beat by Hoenn. Speaking of Hoenn, I liked how the Weather Trio was included in HG/SS though since I love Rayquaza. Lastly I don't care if I get flamed for this but I disliked the following Pokemon since it doesn't add anything to the gameplay hardly (though making my Typhlosion walk next to the ocean was hilarious).

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
I hate to be a downer but this is hands-down my least favorite Pokemon game. I liked Pokemon following you around, the Pokeathlon, and the two regions, but hated just about everything else. Johto as a region was extremely boring, the pokemon were mostly forgettable, hated Silver, the plot was non-existent, and I just lacked a motivation to do anything in the game. It left a pretty bad taste in my mouth and for awhile it made me think I wasn't into Pokemon anymore.

Last edited:

SoulSilver Eric

Favorite DS pokemon game, I really like how your pokemon follow you in this game and I would really hope it would eventually become standard in other titles. I loved playing Pokemon Silver and Crystal and I really like how Soul Silver blends the two a bit. Its a great remake and will be one of my all time favorite games to play, I'm actually starting a new adventure now. Also, I'm glad they incorporated the GTS in the remake, makes getting alot of pokes easier then it was back then.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

Mr.Bento

Pikachuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Nothing to complain about! It's a remake, there isn't that much they could mess up. I really liked the pokemon-following-you aspect, I don't understand why they didn't decide to add the feature to Pokemon Black and White.

Pokeathlon > Contests/Musicals