• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Special Vol. 38

MikeHill005

Resistance Member
cool, hope we'll have more info in the morning (it's still sunday EST)

Mon_Goose

Cyrus fangirl
From poking around and using Google translator a bit, apparently Sird has a new Pokemon, as it was mentioned with her name by the person who posted the scans on twitpic.

Darkrai

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Iiiiinteresting. Cyrus has that in the card game. Which, if you recall, also included Sird.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Great scans. Look's like Dia and Regigigas are the heroes who stop Dialga and Palkia, but man the way it grabs them by the throat is awesome. Dia saves the day, I love Cynthia, Pearl, and Platina's expression's. As for Sird, I'm still calling her Sird for now but I have no idea what she's doing or planning but I can't wait for Volume 38 to be translated. Dia with Regigigas is just so cool.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Her name's still going to be Sird, since that's her "dub name" (translation name?). This is just a different spelling of her Japanese name than we'd been using.

JB2448

Slice of Pecan Pie
Oh, this really isn't surprising at all. Good show, Kusaka, but
Darkrai
being Sird's new Pokémon was number two in terms of probability on my list. Still, cool info and pics, bros.

JB2448

Slice of Pecan Pie
Not 100% set in stone, no. But if it were true, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
From poking around and using Google translator a bit, apparently Sird has a new Pokemon, as it was mentioned with her name by the person who posted the scans on twitpic.

Darkrai

Omg, that's so awesome! I think that Pokemon fits her pretty well, so I'm glad that Sird was given that Pokemon. Anyway, I saw those images of some of the pages, and I loved seeing Dia taking action against Dialga and Palkia. I remembered seeing the cover for volume 38 and wondering how Dia would use Regigigas, but it looks like the wait is over. Now I'm just waiting for the whole volume to be released so that we can get even more information on the events that are occurring.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Dear all, sorry for my absence for so long. Work and exams have made it hard for me to keep this up, but hopefully I'll gradually resume more activitiy. My local bookstore hasn't stocked Vol. 38 yet, but I'll just let you know about the confirmed information on it I've gathered.

1) Regigigas was indeed the 'surprise' Platinum saw into her bagpack. It 'entered' Platinum's empty Pokeball inside the Snowpoint Temple and tagged along with her to the final battleground. She passed it onto Dia much like how she did with Mamoswine. It managed to halt the clash between Dialga and Palkia with its massive strength to prevent Dia and his Mamoswine to get engulfed into the energy center created by Dialga and Palkia. Somehow Dr. Footstep has made a comment about Regigigas that 'It has been waiting for this time to lend its strength for Sinnoh together with a trainer'. I suppose the idea could be similar to how Celebi tagged along Ruby for the Groudon/Kyogre clash.

2) Platinum's Cherrim is confirmed to be from Gardenia, evolved from her Cherubi. Pachirisu also originated from Volkner, and he gave it to Maylene during their training to pass it on to Platinum. Froslass we already know it's from Candice.

3) Although Cyrus believes that the energy center created by the clash of Dialga and Palkia is the 'new universe' he dreams of, Charon secretly knows that it is in fact just the Distortion World's opening. He has some sort of 'meter' to monitor the dimensions. It is said that Byron managed to snatch it away from Charon, but in the process, Giratina appears from the Distortion World and drags Dialga, Palkia and Cyrus into the Distortion World.

4) It is confirmed that the 'two important people' Platinum tried to save in the Platinum arc are her original bodyguards which fate she learnt of at the end of the DP chapter. Dia and Pearl, on the other hand, managed to snatch some memo about a legendary Pokemon from Charon, and their task in the Platinum chapter seems to be investigating upon this.

5) Saque, as you can see from the scans in the previous post, is indeed a secret agent for Team Galactic. It was explained that a few year's back, when Cyrus started to plan for his 'new universe' scheme, he passed down orders to investigate on Pokemon who are related to space (Mars named Lunatone, Clefairy, and the other 'celestial' ones). Saque worked undercover in Team Rocket pretending to help Giovanni, but her true aim was to obtain Deoxys since it was exactly the Pokemon from space. She indeed owns a Darkrai, and it was in fact the 'unseen' Pokemon she attempted to use to recapture Deoxys at the end of FRLG, whose clash with Mewtwo caused the petrification of the 5 Dex Holders. After the FRLG events, Saque went off in search of the two Deoxys, and also to discover the mechanism behind how the petrification happened. It was also mentioned that Mewtwo was not affected in the process, and it tried to chase after Saque after the battle but did not manage to track her down.

6) The cloaked Galactic grunt is in fact a brainwashed grunt working for Saque. It wasn't really explained why he (or Saque) outted Team Galactic's plan to Platinum, but it seems like after her defeat by the Dex Holders in FRLG, Saque became obsessed with the Pokedex, and that's why this cloaked grunt snatched the Dexes of Dia, Pearl and Platinum. His current whereabouts are not explained. But an interesting fact is the the video-camera-flyer thing that this grunt used to spy on Dia on Iron Island, was said to have an 'evil' aura by Riley. This was in fact Saque's aura.

7) It turns out that Prof. Yanase from the Emerald series (the woman who was experimented on the Green Orb) was Platinum's mother. At the end of the DP series, she was the one who suggested Platinum to investigate upon the Distortion World. She also contacted Looker to assist Platinum, where Looker was working undercover in Team Galactic as a Scientist at the end, and it is said that he owns a Croagunk like in the games.

8) All the Team Galactic Commanders have left the scene at the end of the DP chapter and are scheming to 'resurface'.

9) When Riley visited Palmer at the Frontier, he told him about Hoenn's Frontier, and also gave him the broken video-camera-flyer to investigate, which Palmer passed to Thorton the machine-freak to work on

I guess that's about it. Will post more when I learn more. And the long overdue BW materials, I will work on them some time.

Coronis~

13_luckynumber

OMG, this volume is just so epic and full of surprises. Regigigas, Darkrai, etc @_@ But finally, I wonder if Dia would keep that Regigigas or release it ?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
*Sips Iced Tea*

*spits*

Prof. Yanase is Platinum's mom!?
I didn't see that coming

Well done Kusaka, you broke my brain

e9310103838

The back cover is Cynthia & Looker.

Bebe & Hayley appear in story.

And DP end in 416, Vol.38 end in 422. ;396;

Last edited:

JB2448

Slice of Pecan Pie
Prof. Yanase is Platinum's mom.
Prof. Yanase is Platinum's mom.
Sird mentions freaking Mewtwo.
Brainwashed Galactic Grunts all up in here.
I mean, I mean, ummm,
dangit Kusaka, you're pulling a volume 29 on me again!

Last edited:
BRAIN BREAKAGE!

THIS IS EPIC!

I can't wait for the scanlations!

...oh wait, I wonder what happened to Volkner...

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
The back cover is Cynthia & Looker.

Oh. Nice. I even saw Cynthia coming. But not Looker.

Bebe & Hayley appear in story.

Really? Awesome! I want their pictures ASAP.

Also, Yanase is Platina's mother? Then is Yanase her maiden name or what? Yanase isn't a first name. I guess I'm just picking on details.

The DP conclusion sounds interesting but I'm wittholding judgement until I see it.

Also, Saque? Did you suddenly change your mind on naming, Coronis? Or perhaps you got some secret info from Viz?

What are your "new" names for Orm and Carr, then?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Thanks for the info Coronis, your a hero on this Manga forum. Wow just when I though PokeSpecial couldn't possibly get any more amazing and epic this happens. Platina/Platinum's mom was Prof. Yanase and she was in the Emerald arc, I hope this mean's we'll get more info on Platina during her arc. Dia and Pearl are going to do something on a Legendary Pokemon in the Platinum arc, I wonder which one it is, Sird has Darkrai it really fits her perfectly. So much is going down. I can't wait to see the scans of this volume. DP end's with a bang, a cool ending for one of my fave arcs. I'm guessing Dia, Pearl, and Platina are still currently Pokedexless for now.