• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Special Vol. 38

Majiata

Wow, sounds like the ending of DP would be epic. Thanks for the info, Coronis.
So the "important people" are really the bodyguards? Seems like my first guess was right.
I'm really looking forward to the scanlations. ^^

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Oh. Nice. I even saw Cynthia coming. But not Looker.

Really? Awesome! I want their pictures ASAP.

Also, Yanase is Platina's mother? Then is Yanase her maiden name or what? Yanase isn't a first name. I guess I'm just picking on details.

The DP conclusion sounds interesting but I'm wittholding judgement until I see it.

Also, Saque? Did you suddenly change your mind on naming, Coronis? Or perhaps you got some secret info from Viz?

What are your "new" names for Orm and Carr, then?

Saque is the official romanization for Saki, her Japanese name

Maxim

Beyond repair
Saque is the official romanization for Saki, her Japanese name

Was it used in this volume?

Also, am I the only one who wonders about Sird's relation to Trollbias?

I can already see people shipping them.

*gets headshot*

Also, Viz better takes RSE and FRLG Sagas quickly, or people will WTF at who Sird/Saque is.

Last edited:

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
OMG my brains just exploded from readin that. Soo her Mom is still alive (I thought Platinum had only a dad, but I guess I wouldn't be the only one). Sird has darkrai which is something I should have expected. Thats soo cool. I get more exited for the Platinuum arc thanks sooo much Coronis and I guess I speak for all when I say we love you. So now that I can think clear again. I think Sird will have a reappearance in platinum and the pother dexholders maybe too. Since they still have to finish some things with Sird. I really can't wait for more :p

SmartD

There's a lot of development in vol. 38. Sird's motives, Dia and Regigigas, and the Distortion World. I was wondering what happened to Mewtwo, and now I know he's okay. And since Sird owns a Darkrai, the only Sinnoh Pokemon left to be shown in manga are Manaphy, Phione, and Shaymin. I wonder how will writers put them in the manga.

Well, I can't wait for the next volume.

P.S. Can someone put a picture of Prof. Yanase? I don't know who that person is.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
Well, Shaymin's going to appear because Marley has Oak's Letter, but I have no idea how they're going to fit in Manaphy and Phione. Though, Phione could just get some sort of cameo in the Battle Frontier since it's actually not a particular important "legendary" pokemon.

Manaphy hasn't been mentioned since Archie had the dream of capturing it, but then again... we don't know where Archie is. Is he also in the Distortion World?

O_O My mind has been blown.
Is everyone related or something?!? For all we know N is Wally's long-lost cousin or whatever.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Wow, I just read the summary of events in this volume. It looks like most of the loose ends were tied up in the end. I'm still surprised that Sird has a Darkrai, but I'm even more surprised that she was working for Cyrus since the FR/LG arc. I would have never known that unless it had been brought up. I also liked that she was apparently brainwashing Galactic grunts left and right. Anyway, it looks like we learn more about the origin of Platinum's Cherrim and Pachirisu as well. Learning that Professor Yanase was Platinum's mother was a shock to me, too. This whole volume is just chock-full of surprises :)

lolipiece

Staff member
The back cover is Cynthia & Looker.

Bebe & Hayley appear in story.

And DP end in 416, Vol.38 end in 422. ;396;

Bebe? I was actually worried she wasn't going to appear (couldn't care less about Hayley....her name reminds me of the one anime m....ugh)

Uh...could you post the titles?

Aquarelle

Staff member
They are here. ;000;

Thanks for the picture! Bebe looks really funny to me in that shot, lol.
Were they at a contest or something? Looks like it judging by the top picture.

Like many people here, I was surprised to find out that Platinum has a mother! I thought that they weren't going to mention her at all, and just leave Platinum with only a dad. I actually had to check my volumes to remember who this Prof. Yanase was, and when I found a picture of her, I was shocked to think that she's related to Platinum.

Remmie

Yeah you're back Coronis! Thank you very much for all the informations that you wrote us. So the researcher that was observing the green orb is Platinum's mom? Didn't see that one coming. Does Regigigas will stay with Diamond permanently or will it go back were it comes from like Ruby's Celebi. Ruby should have keep Celebi. With it he could had won the tournament against the dex olders in the Emerald arc. And speaking of that Celebi, was the one that Ruby got before leaving for Hoenn was the same one that
the Masked Ice had "captured"? I don't know if this information was said.

lolipiece

Staff member
It was never said, but heavily implied

and Ruby should not have kept Celebi

He only needs five Pokemon anyway (Well, he has two for smart categories..)

Remmie

It was never said, but heavily implied

and Ruby should not have kept Celebi

He only needs five Pokemon anyway (Well, he has two for smart categories..)

That's not because he is a coordinator in the Hoenn region that its mean that he doesn't need a full team. He is better prepared with a full team. But I was hoping that after the contests he would have given back Popo back to Steven's father and keep Celebi with him. He is my favorite dex holder alongside Blue (female), Yellow, Gold, Pearl, and White (I know she is not one of them now but I guess it won't be long before she becomes a dex holder).

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Huh. Hayley you say. I was kinda surprised that she was never on the show, really.

Aww, they drew her without her facial mark!

Distortion World...well, better than being ripped apart, which it sure looked like. Plus I think Sird has something else going on. She doesn't seem the sort to work for anyone else, especially not a delusional loon like Cyrus. I wouldn't be surprised if Deoxys was her ultimate goal or something. Has her strange similarity to Jupiter been addressed?

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
What are your "new" names for Orm and Carr, then?
Ideally they'd just be "Orm" and "Carr"(or "Oka" and "Chakra") since Coronis' fan-made naming scheme is pointless, kind of stupid, and needlessly confusing. But that's a topic for another time~

I'm pretty surprised(yet underwhelmed) that Platinum's mom was studying the green orb. I mean, really? It's a twist, but...is there actually going to be a point to that twist?

Much more interesting is all the Distortion World stuff. So Dia and Pearl are just kind of...off-screen...for all of Pt that we've seen, huh? Hopefully they do something by the end of that arc. :/