• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Special Vol. 38

Maxim

Beyond repair
It's out for two days and no one bothered to start a thread. How come?!

It's the DP conclusive volume and Platinum opening volume.

Someone got it already?

Obvious first questions:
1. Tankobon-added stuff (and I'm sure that this volume is full of it, because of DP conclusion)
2. Back cover

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I herd it was delayed to the 28th which is why nobody is making a thread about it. So it's not out yet I believe.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Delay? Oh no! Why?

But still, it's just one day left, so it's not too early to start a thread. Some bookstores could've already gotten it.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
True. Bookstores do get there stuff early sometimes, especially when it comes to manga. There will probably be more hype on this when tomorrow gets here. I know I can't wait to see volume 38. The DP final and the start of the Platinum chapter is sure to be exciting.

I'm excited for this week.

Magazine chapters, Vol. 38, Pokemon Black & White.... so many things.

But I have the same questions as Maxim. I wanna know about new stuff added into this last volume. (That regigigas on the cover made me even more curious)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ok! I have an idea

If Coronis comes on (pleeeeeeease...) then we should have a list of things we should ask him

How did Dia get Regigigas and does he keep it..if so, then what is its name?
Chapter titles
Does Sird do anything in this volume
Changes in story and art
Back cover
evolutions? (From what I remember, Zeruhiko didn't appear in the Rotom chapter...)
Does Giratina appear?
What happens in the Epilogue

If he doesn't appear..then if someone else gets it, then it'll be this
Does Dia keep Regigigas and what is its name?
Does Giratina appear?
Who is on the Back cover?
Evolutions?
Giratina and Sird

Maxim

Beyond repair
Also, another question:

Were DP and Pt Sagas bridged in any way?

Mon_Goose

Cyrus fangirl
Apparently someone got their volume already and posted a couple of pictures on Twitpic. One has Sird talking to the commanders and another has Dia on Regigigias taking on Dialga and Palkia with Cyrus still crying. Wish I could read what the characters are saying.

lolipiece

Staff member
Found em
: D This the face that I am making right now

Dia and Regigigas

and Sird and the other commanders (It also reveals the Sird's Japanese name is in fact, Saque)
[img139]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/183/249518094.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1575/249514702.jpg[/img139]

I'm gonna go giggle like a school girl now

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8199/243381893.jpg

Hey! It even has a pic of this months Pokspe BW!

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
She's talking to Mars about space pokemon, it seems.

Rrrrrgh I want to know what happens to Cyrus! He has to be in the Pt arc or it wouldn't make sense.

So does Jupiter know who "Saque" is? It seems the other two don't. Also, that's an interesting romanization. Had "Saki" ever been official?

Thanks for posting pictures of the scans and secondly, if Sird appears in volume 38 of the DP arc, will it confuse the readers to who Sird is? Because she makes her debut late in the RS chapters correct; nevertheless, We should encounter Sird in 2012 in the Viz Media volumes. Unless Viz somehow fills in the three extra months ( January, May, and November) of the year for the RS chapters ( or Firered and Leafgreen since Sird is the major antagonist right? ) next year, we could catch up in the meantime without confusion.

lolipiece

Staff member
The volumes are released every few months and we'll hopefully finish Emerald before then

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
They'd better or it'll be confusing as all get-out. Did she come first, by the way, or did the mystery woman in the card game come first?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I think Sird is her CY name.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The scans are basically Regigigas battling Palkia and Dialga (it has them by the throats!) and Cyrus with more weeping mascara, and one of Sird talking to the commanders. Mars and Saturn seem hostile towards her.

lolipiece

Staff member
Really? I'm kinda confused here....

Sird is her English name

Saque is her Japanese name

So...anyone know what "Saque" is supposed to mean?

Last edited: