• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon sprites that just don't look right to you

Ruby Blue

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
The Tyranitar sprite in B/W. Pelvic thrust.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And you could do a better job?

Why does everybody say this?? Obviously they could do a better job(Look at Yellow). This is the stupid sprite thread not the make your own sprite thread. You don't see me saying that do you?? So don't say it to me as it is just rude.

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
Machops Platinum sprite (and by extension its BW sprite) looked awkward to me... Something about the shading around the legs or the symmetry of the arms or something, I'm not sure what.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
There's a lot of sprites that are really good; I do like a whole lot of them from Platinum. Even some of the ones in Platinum made it all the way to BW. Then there are others that just make you ask, "Really?"

HGSS Blastoise is universally despised by a lot of people and was even added to Smogon's The Smog Article of bad sprites from the two games as a textbook example. I personally prefer Infernape's and Garchomp's sprites from DP over the other ones made for Platinum and HGSS.

I cannot stand to look at Jolteon's from HGSS! (HGSS were just really rushed altogether.)

Cutty

Forever now
I don't like Chatot sprite on Plat/HG/SS. It doesn't look cute anymore.

Jameson1

Mes amis
Scizor's HG/SS sprite, Nidoking's D/P sprite, and Venusaur's D/P sprite are all unappealing to me, and I love all 3 of those pokemon. Kingdra's G/S/C sprites all look strange as well.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Every Jolteon Sprite ever

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Musharna looks extremely strange to me. Then again, just because it looks strange to me doesn't mean it looks incorrect.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
I disagree entirley, let's see you do any better.
Why would he/she need to do any better? They don't work for Game Freak, so I don't see how their ability to create sprites has any relevance towards them disliking/liking certain sprites. Last time I checked the thread starter was asking for our opinions. Quite frankly, your whole "let me see YOU do a better job" argument is really annoying.

A little off topic, but I've always loved Slowbro's Gold/Crystal sprite. He looks so chubby and round.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
Musharna looks extremely strange to me. Then again, just because it looks strange to me doesn't mean it looks incorrect.

I agree that it does look strange but in a way it sort of gives it it's unique look that it should have as a Psychic Pokemon. It sort of does resemble a fetus and the purple smoke could be an abstract version of an umbilical cord or something. o.o

Ruby Blue

Why would he/she need to do any better? They don't work for Game Freak, so I don't see how their ability to create sprites has any relevance towards them disliking/liking certain sprites.

Yeah, because you can totally critique sprites without knowing anything about them and how much work goes into them?

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Yeah, because you can totally critique sprites without knowing anything about them and how much work goes into them?
There's no law preventing it, so I don't see why not. Also, the person you quoted wasn't exactly "critiquing" anything, more like expressing an opinion. But whatever makes you happy I guess.
I agree that it does look strange but in a way it sort of gives it it's unique look that it should have as a Psychic Pokemon. It sort of does resemble a fetus and the purple smoke could be an abstract version of an umbilical cord or something. o.o
Haha yeah, I agree. It does make it look very mysterious, unique, and umbilical cord-y. xD. Have you seen it in the anime? They show it in a totally different angle. Makes me wonder if Musharna is based off of an elephant in someway :p.

Ruby Blue

There's no law preventing it, so I don't see why not. Also, the person you quoted wasn't exactly "critiquing" anything, more like expressing an opinion. But whatever makes you happy I guess.

That's the thing, people have stopped explaining why the sprites look wrong or anything like it.

It's just; "This sprite sucks".

Why does everybody say this?? Obviously they could do a better job(Look at Yellow). This is the stupid sprite thread not the make your own sprite thread. You don't see me saying that do you?? So don't say it to me as it is just rude.
]

It's also rude to use the word retarded in the context you used it in, but you don't see me complaining.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That's the thing, people have stopped explaining why the sprites look wrong or anything like it.

It's just; "This sprite sucks".

]

It's also rude to use the word retarded in the context you used it in, but you don't see me complaining.

Fine really bad you happy?? You know exactly what I meant when I said that. And just stop challenging everybody, they have the right to there own opinion lol.