• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Stadium 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Anyone else heard of Stadium 0 in Japan?

Wow, check this people if u havent already
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_(Japanese)

I already knew about it, but never knew why it never came out of Japan, until i read the article, not all pokemon can even compete, bad sprites/animations, no rentals, a simple game.

So my question, is what did you think when you learned more about Stadium 0?

To reinforce the the fact, please help me find some screenshots of the japaneese menace.

On the other hand, Shigeki Morimoto of Hal laboratories did put a buttload of effort into this.

Dont believe me?
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/iwata/iwata_asks_-_pokmon_heartgold_version__soulsilver_version_16288_16289.html#top

Click page three for exactly what Big Nutter has posted.

Footage/Snapshots so far
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBPW_...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmPKhNS7zZk

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
When I heard it only contained 42 Pokemon out of the original 150, I laughed. How horrible, it must have sucked to play the first version of Stadium then. If you could only choose a little over 40 Pokemon to battle with, the battles probably would've been boring and repetitive as well. I heard about this back in 1999 when I bought a gaming magazine and it said that Stadium one in Japan had only a few Pokemon. I thought it meant something like all the Pokemon besides Legendaries but it looks like it meant less than one-third :S

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Wow, that is what im talking about.
Nice video sceptile master, its fun to watch snorlax jiggle so violently in comparison to the next stadium.
Ya learn something new everyday.
Im going to post the link on the first post to show more people.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Thanks.

I think you know already, but there are more Stadium 0 videos on there, including one that showed Mewtwo and Mew, but the person
used codes so that the Pokemon changed into Mewtwo and Mew but the names were of whatever the original Pokemon in that spot was.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Really?

Ah hackers, we all hate them, and yet we still love/watch/make fun of their youtube videos.

If i could get screen shots that would be great.

anyone?

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Wow, i had no idea he put so much blood sweat and tears into it.

XD My bad. Posting that page for a refutal of the whole topic.

Anything else?

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Adding!

More?

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
That theres the truth my friend.

yoyoma724

HEYA FOLKS I started playing the single player on this game, which appears to just be the L50-55 cup and the L1-30 cup. The L1-30 cup appears to have 4 difficulties just like in the sequel. I beat the pokeball difficulty, but it still doesn't let me choose greatball. Does anyone know why that could be?

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Cant say i can help u dude.

yoyoma724

Darn. Is there by any chance a Japanese pokemon forum or something where someone may know? Of course I don't know any Japanese, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...

Yeah, I thought maybe the game wasn't saving or something, but I deposited a Pidgey and rest and it was still there. AND I compared the Japanese words in the game to the words for pokeball, greatball, etc. and they are indeed the same.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Wow, i had no idea he put so much blood sweat and tears into it.

XD My bad. Posting that page for a refutal of the whole topic.

Anything else?

Iwata got to the translating the source code for N64 before Morimoto ever got around to it, apparently. Everyone at HAL was thinking "Wait, this is the president right?"

It was in the HGSS Iwata Asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.