• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Stadium 3?

tyranitar305

tyranitar is a beast
In my opinion colosseum xd and pbr are garbage compared to pokemon stadium 1 and 2.

I hope that in the future nintendo releases a sequel to pokemon stadium, not another colosseum xd and pbr type of game.

Crazy Chaos

I liked Colleseum, XD, and PBR, but The Stadiums had more multiplayer capabilities (as well as single player). I thought (and hoped) that PBR was gonna be like Stadium, but it wasn't...I think they should make another stadium, except with some of the more advanced features shown in PBR.

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
yea everyone would really love it if nintendo made a stadium 3 but sadly people look at it as a repetition so the the closest thing may be it but with another name

It's like Sonic fans, asking for a Sonic Adventure 3 8 years after the seconds one was released. It's not happening. The games in between might have sucked, but they're as close to Pokemon Stadium 3 as you got.
*Actually, 2 is 3 in Japan, and 1 is 2, and Japan's 1 was never released anywhere else*
So, Pokemon Colosseum is just Stadium 3, with an RPG story, and different game title.

Shadow Dialga

Ya Pokemon Stadium was alot better than Collesseum, XD and PBR! PBR in reality was a waste of $50.....in my opinion.

ChedWick

When I got Colosseum from a friend for a couple bucks I was expecting a Stadium like game. When I found out it was an RPG like I got excited but the more I played it the more disappointed I got. I have yet to get PBR. I've read it was more Stadium like and that excited me but 50 bucks isn't justified IMHO. If it ever drops in price I may pick it up. If they made a PS3 that was just like 1 but newer I would find the $50 justified.

Ampy

Light The Stars
I think if there was going to be Pokemon Stadium 3, it would have happened in the 3rd gen, and they would make one for the 4th gen, but I really don't see it happening :/

Pikapalo

I think they are all overpriced garbage extensions of the true games. Why do I need a tournament only game? Colosseum and XD were ok, but then they missed out on all the options and tourneys found in Stadium. I wouldn't mind if they would release things like PBR for $30.

Last edited:

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I loved Stadium 1&2 and PBR was kind of a waste of my money. A lot of people said Gold and Silver would never get remakes, now look! So don't shoot down the possibility of a Stadium 3 game because it could happen.

BCVM22

A lot of people said Gold and Silver would never get remakes, now look! So don't shoot down the possibility of a Stadium 3 game because it could happen.

Because the two are absolutely the same. Good call.

We got Stadium 3 - it was called Colosseum. We also got Stadium 4 (XD) and Stadium 5 (PBR).

Really, to say that we haven't gotten "Stadium 3" isn't a defensible assertion. Each 3D console battling title continues the line started by the N64 Stadiums. You might as well try and make the case that we haven't gotten "Pokémon 2" because they haven't used continuing numerals in naming each generation of core titles.

Rezon

Banned
I agree with everyone here when I say PBR and Colleseum was lacking. I lvoed all the minigames and stuff in Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2. I really do hope they bring that back.

Chucklehouse21

How about a true RPG Game Boy/DS game on a real system where you actually play Pokemon? Everyone's allowed to ask this rhetorical question once a month. I don't like any of the games that have been released on the consoles. They've all been made to suck the life out of the product as much as possible.

BCVM22

How about a true RPG Game Boy/DS game on a real system where you actually play Pokemon?

Handheld franchise allows and encourages the social and portable aspects inherent to the goals of the gameplay. It's not coincidence that they've never done one.

Everyone's allowed to ask this rhetorical question once a month.

Only "once a month"? You give people too much credit. Once every 2-3 days is more accurate.

I don't like any of the games that have been released on the consoles.

'Kay. Don't buy them or play them or look at them then. They all appear to have sold pretty well despite that.

They've all been made to suck the life out of the product as much as possible.

A franchise adapting its characters and occasionally its gameplay into spinoff and side titles for purposes of creating more titles and for filling the gaps between releases of the core titles?

Those b******s. How dare they? Pikachu and Mario are both guilty of this and should be shot.

SHOT, I say!

Saph

Rapscallion
Handheld franchise allows and encourages the social and portable aspects inherent to the goals of the gameplay. It's not coincidence that they've never done one.

Only "once a month"? You give people too much credit. Once every 2-3 days is more accurate.

'Kay. Don't buy them or play them or look at them then. They all appear to have sold pretty well despite that.

A franchise adapting its characters and occasionally its gameplay into spinoff and side titles for purposes of creating more titles and for filling the gaps between releases of the core titles?

Those b******s. How dare they? Pikachu and Mario are both guilty of this and should be shot.

SHOT, I say!
For someone who thinks so highly of their intelligence, you clearly have no concept of hyperbole.

As for Colosseum being Pokemon Stadium 3. No. You obviously don't understand what people are saying. People are obviously asking for a return to form to the original Stadium games that are unanimously seen to be superior. Wanting 'Stadium 3' represents more than just wanting a familiar title, they want the quality associated with it.

It's not logical, but instead based on desire and preference. Probably because we are human beings, and not robots.

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
For someone who thinks so highly of their intelligence, you clearly have no concept of hyperbole.

As for Colosseum being Pokemon Stadium 3. No. You obviously don't understand what people are saying. People are obviously asking for a return to form to the original Stadium games that are unanimously seen to be superior. Wanting 'Stadium 3' represents more than just wanting a familiar title, they want the quality associated with it.

It's not logical, but instead based on desire and preference. Probably because we are human beings, and not robots.

Nice *applause* :D.

BCVM22

People are obviously asking for a return to form to the original Stadium games that are unanimously seen to be superior. Wanting 'Stadium 3' represents more than just wanting a familiar title, they want the quality associated with it.

And yet the clamoring is, verbatum, for a game titled "Pokémon Stadium 3". The point is that people are assigning an inordinate amount of value to the name alone, as if simply writing "POKEMON STADIUM 3" on a Wii game box and releasing it to the market would somehow automatically guarantee the inclusion of frivolities like minigames or whatever. Look at it this way - what if PBR had been released completely as it was, except it had been titled "Pokémon Stadium Wii" or something similar? What would the complaint be then?

What does it say to people that the games since Stadium 2 haven't bothered with such things? In the N64 days, people wanted some sort of RPG title for a console; they got the GCN pair. A generation later, somehow the stomping of feet and hands on the table have changed their tune yet again. This fanbase could be given exactly what they ask for and yet they would still complain it wasn't what they wanted.

AlCario

Banned
Changing the name does nothing to make it better. If PBR was PS3, or PS5 or whatever lack of minigames, gym leader castle or decent rentals would still result in it not living up to the standards set by the older games.

You say that in the N64 days, people wanted an RPG for a Home Console, and that's what they got. True. But it's not like they wanted to abandon the style of PS and PS2 altogether.

BCVM22

Changing the name does nothing to make it better.

And yet that's exactly what people believe. I would need both hands and possibly some toes to count the times someone on this very board has posted "PBR should have been Stadium 3 so it would have minigames."

If PBR was PS3, or PS5 or whatever lack of minigames, gym leader castle or decent rentals would still result in it not living up to the standards set by the older games.

And exactly what standards are set by having stuff like minigames on the side? Why would someone go into a game titled "Battle Revolution" and then express anger because there are no minigames, particularly when such things were never shown, hinted at, promised or anything of the sort?

PBR did any number of extra things that previous console battling titles had not, including custom trainer designs, online play and the ability to buy items and TMs and it continued the concept of giving gamers Pokémon with special moves that they wouldn't be able to learn elsewhere and one better, it did so with two Pokémon - Electivire and Magmortar - that are comparatively harder to obtain than the traditional Pikachu (also given away as a prize in PBR, incidentally) by virtue of the relative rarity of the Electrizer and Magmarizer.

The fandom at large has spent so much time collectively whining like a stuck pig over what they didn't get in PBR that by this point they simply refuse to acknowledge what they did get, leading to threads like these where stuff like minigames or a Gym Leader Tower or what have you are placed on a pedestal and hailed as the chief reason for the "lack of quality."