• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Stories! One-Shot Series! G-PG13

Legend of Lucario

Songwriter
Okay so before we get started let me explain what this is. When you read a normal Fan Fiction, most of the time the story is in the trainer's perspective. There are a few out there that tell stories in the eyes of a Pokemon. This, however, is a series of Pokemon stories going through all 493 Pokemon in National Dex order. The first story that is up is obviously Bulbasaur.

Now honestly I am not super happy with this story. I think that I am going to re-write it with time when I get a little more idea flow. I still want critisism and if you have any ideas I can add to this then let me know. Also you can give me ideas for the next Pokemon in line. I'm not even sure what I am going to do for Ivysaur next so if you have an idea just let me know.

Pokemon Stories!
POKEMON POKEDEX ENTRY: 001 BULBASAUR

I had once again opened my eyes just to find myself in pitch blackness. This attempt of waking up was just like the last five, it was dark and not time to get up. I was awaiting Professor Oak to come in and turn the lights on. This way we could get up and stretch and go about our day. I was really excited to wake up though. There were two trainers coming in and they were going to choose their Pokemon. There was a little bit of doubt inside of me though. Even though there were two trainers there were three Pokemon that could be chosen. Charmander, Squirtle, and I were in line to be chosen. I was very excited by this, because I knew that I had the same chance that the other two did to be chosen by one of these trainers. However, after contemplating this I remembered that it was still too early so I shut my eyes to fall back asleep. It was only two minutes later the fluorescent lights beamed down on me and it was really time to get up.

“Alright you three,” Professor Oak began, “today is the day.”

When those words wandered into my ears my heart began to race and I shot up and ran right to Professor Oak. A smile began to paint itself on his pale face as he looked down at me. I jumped up into his arms and he held me and gave me a scratch on my scaly head. I shut my eyes in relaxation and then jumped back down to the ground. Charmander and Squirtle slowly woke up. They stood up and followed the Professor and I into the main room. He picked all three of us up and sat us on a table. I looked into the mirror in front of us to examine my appearance.

I was green all over the place. My primary color was a light green with dark green spots place unkemptly over my body. I had big red eyes that could be shaped to look adorable or to look serious. I chose the cute look because this way a girl trainer might want to choose me. I also observed the green plant that was on my back. It was fat and the base and began to shorten up and thin out as it came up. Inside the plant were seeds to help it stay healthy or to an attack on a Pokemon. I looked over my body and practiced different cute and serious looking poses. I wanted to look my best in hopes that today I would get to go on an adventure.

When a Pokemon is chosen they meet a new friend and grow attached to the person. My personality was very adaptive so it would not take long to become close to my partner. Also I did want to try out battling. It would be cool to get stronger and to work on attacks. Not to mention I would not be a cute little Bulbasaur forever. I would become a large and strong Venusaur. One fear that I had was the fact that I would lose my cuteness. That fear had taken over my body but it did not take me long to realize that once Charmander and Squirtle evolve, they are not exactly cute either.

“Are you ready?” Charmander turned and looked at me. Charmander was always no nice and easy going. I knew that someone would definitely would be taking Charmander today.

“Oh yes I’m excited!” I told her, “I woke up at least five different times in the middle of the night.”

“Well I know that I will be chosen.” The ever so arrogant Squirtle said to both of us.

“Hey!” I began in an upset manner, “all three of us have a chance at getting a trainer today.”

“Bulbasaur’s right.” Charmander said. It was amazing that she could keep her cool the way she did. She was way more mature than Squirtle and I guess she was even more mature than me. I mean I know whoever chooses Squirtle is going to have a rough time. He is always such a jerk and is really annoying.

“Whatever.” Squirtle said turning back towards Professor Oak, who had no clue what we were saying. He loved it though when we carried on conversations. Even though he did not know what we are talking about, he knew that Pokemon are much like the creatures that Professor Oak is. It was also funny that we can understand his form of life and obey their commands.

“Well you two are looking very cute.” Charmander said to us, “it will be no surprise if either of you are chosen today.”

“Aw,” I said nicely, “thanks, but you know I think that you will be chosen because you’re a cutie too and when you become Charizard you are an awesome Pokemon.” I didn’t know why I look up to Charmander, either it was her personality or I’m very, VERY scared of her, her being a fire Pokemon and all.

“Thanks, but sucking up is not needed.” Squirtle said shooting Charmander and I dirty looks.

“Okay guys,” Professor Oak said in a happy tone, “the trainers are here now.”

My heart began to bounce inside my chest. I was ready to meet them. I was hoping that the both of them would like me so that I knew that I had a chance. When the two trainers walked in I sat straight and formed a smile on my face. I was feeling confident in myself. The two trainers and the professor walked in front of the table.

One of the trainer’s had spiky, light brown hair. He had on a black collared shirt and a smirk on his face. He came off like a jerk in appearance. He also had on baggy khaki colored pants and white shoes. He looked us over with an evil looking smile. He glanced aat me for a couple of seconds and then turned back towards Charmander. He seemed to have interest in Charmander. I was excited for her because I knew that she was going to go.

The other trainer seemed rather shy, he did not pick us up or touch us like the other trainer was trying to do. He had dark brown hair that was tucked around his face by his hat. He had brown eyes and a quaint smile. His shirt was a black t-shirt with a red vest on over that. He wore blue jeans and green converse shoes. A small yellow back-pack was placed on his back. The bag was shoved full of items and poked out from his back side. He seemed to be looking at me mostly. I think he wanted me. Maybe it was me or maybe he knew what I was going to evolve into. He had interest in me. I could tell by the way he looked me over and the smile on his face got bigger each time he did.

Squirtle knew that he was not getting any attention. He shook his small blue head in disbelief. I looked over and he shot me a dirty look through his big brown eyes. He was growing angrier by the second. When he had had enough of not getting any attention. He tightened his muscles and drew into his little red shell and charged at me. With a hard impact I fell off the table and onto the floor. I landed on my right legs on the white tile floor. An intense pain shot up through my legs and in my side. My seed began to rub wrong on my skin which caused even more discomfort in my body.

“Why in the hell did you do that?” Charmander yelled at Squirtle.

“He was getting way too much attention,” Squirtle back-sassed, “we both know I deserve to leave this place.”

“So does Bulbasaur.” Charmander said.

“Charmander deserves it more than me or you!” I yelled up.

“Oh shut up you little whimp.” Squirtle said.

I felt myself being lifted up off the ground by the shy trainer. I looked into his brown eyes feeling happy. I just knew that he was going to choose me it was only just a matter of time before he said it. I honestly thought that the other trainer, the one that seemed cynical was going to take Charmander. Not only was that great, but it was greater that Squirtle was not going to be picked. They were not showing any interest in him and he was a jerk getting exactly what he deserved.

“Okay,” the professor said flicking some of his brittle, gray hair up onto his square-shaped head, “have you guys decided which one that you want?”

“I definitely want Squirtle.” The punk-like trainer said, “he is tough and will do great on a journey just look at what he did to that Bulbasaur.”

My eyes shot open at that. Who in their right mind would even think to choose Squirtle. Obviously he wasn’t aware of Squirtle’s rudeness and how stubborn he is. He was truly going to regret it. I waited. I felt so bad for Charmander right now. I mean not that I wanted her to have to stay back but the trainer that I liked just wasn’t showing any interest in her.

“Of course you would choose the mean one, Green.” Professor Oak said.

“Grandpa, you know me too well!” Gary grinned.

“Okay, Red, who are you going to choose?” Professor Oak asked.

Red looked back and forth at us. He started to show a little more interest in Charmander now. He looked back at me and smiled like he had been. I was confident that he was going to choose at this point.

“I choose…” he said in his raspy voice.

It was coming he was totally going to say me.

“Charmander.”

I leaped up in excitement until reality hit me. I then sat back down and the smile that I was wearing left my face and found its place among Charmander. Charmander leaped up into Red’s arm. I was saddened. I just sat there and with no expression. I wanted to act like this was no blow to me. I wanted to act like I would be okay and that tomorrow was another day.

“Okay,” Professor Oak said. “Now that you have chosen you Pokemon come with me into the other room now.

The two trainers carried Squirtle and Charmander out of the room. As they cornered the doorway both of the Pokemon looked back at me. Squirtle smirked at me, its cute, blue face was shaped with evil. Charmander looked back with sadness in her big brown eyes. The burning fire on her tail began to dim down and she lowered it. The smile that she had on her face left as she stared back at me.

“Bye Charmander.” I said softly.

“Bye Bulbasaur,” she began to say, “you will get taken next time, I promise you.”

Red looked down at Charmander and then back at me. The smile on his face became a smile of sympathy for me.

“I’m sorry,” he said, “Charmander stood up for you, I mean the way you took that blow, I’m not sure you would be okay on a long journey with me. I really am sorry.”

Red and Charmander left the room and left me to myself. The metallic table that I was standing on was cold to my feet. I jumped down on the ground and looked through the doorway. I could see the professor handing them something. Both boys nodded in acceptance and they left through the front entrance. Professor Oak walked back into the room and picked me up in his arms.

“You know,” he said, “maybe the next time. There might be another trainer coming in tomorrow or within the next couple of weeks.”

He walked me into my staying room. I glared up and the boring, white ceiling with its glowing lights. He sat me down on the floor inside the staying room and I went over into the little pet house that he had bought for the Pokemon he was keeping to play in. I went inside and laid down. The professor looked at me with sympathy and shut the door. I just laid there with sadness in my heart. I felt a tears come to my eyes.

I was crying.

Last edited: