• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
OK, let's get a proper discussion thread up with all the cards on the table, since the other one was a bit unstructured:

WHAT WE KNOW:
*Gen 7
*Set in the Alola region
*Unknown number of new Pokemon, though new starters and box legendaries are confirmed
*Character customization is back

Discuss.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
There isn't much to say now. I guess ash will get that bird if it is the generic region bird. Ash will also definitely the grass starter after skipping xy with it.

Red and Blue

The woodpecker would be a fine addition to Ash's team.

As for starters, I still hope they stick with the one per companion rule they did with Hoenn and Kalos. I imagine the only reason it was skipped in Sinnoh and Unova was due to the lack of fire types in Sinnoh and wanting to go back tp Kanto roots in Unova

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

As for starters, I still hope they stick with the one per companion rule they did with Hoenn and Kalos. I imagine the only reason it was skipped in Sinnoh and Unova was due to the lack of fire types in Sinnoh and wanting to go back tp Kanto roots in Unova

I could see ash having two again. I mean in hindsight he honestly should have just got chespin because he was useless under clemont and ash has no grass type.

gofoles

I don't think they are completely finished with the XY and Z anime yet. I know this is out there without much to back it, but what if this is a joint region, sort of like Kanto and Johto. I personally think the anime producers have the most up to date spoilers. Shota's random gym badges (little far fetched for him to go all the way to another region, so a joint one could make sense) still havn't been answered for and are the main reason I believe it exists; and the Kalos league is like the Indigo League where it represents both regions. Also I know every year certain producers of Pokemon go visit the country they plan on basing the region off of and I've seen rumors of them going to Spain to survey (not the only country they visited though), which geographically would make sense for them to be joint. Still prepping for a full reset like most, just something that seemed feasible.

GalaxianEX

I'm hope they don't do another Goodra. Give Ash a cool Pokemon, flesh him out far more than your average main cast Pokemon, then release it.

Also, none of that 3 Pokemon sharing a type, deal unless Ash leaves one in training or at Oak's.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion

i would like them to stick to the one starter per companion too. I hope they don't try to do Piplup again, i actually hope they all reach there final forms this time.

Red and Blue

Ash could get at least one starter pokemon and the native bird pokemon when he travels to the next region.

That is pretty much a gurantee.

Maybe instead of the grass type, he could just only own the fire type for once

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Ash with two starters, the woodpeeker, a pokemon with the remaining starter type and a pre gen VII Pokemon that get an evolution in these games, get released with Ash catching the first stage of the pseudo afterwards.

No, totally not DP 2.0.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
That is pretty much a gurantee.

Maybe instead of the grass type, he could just only own the fire type for once

With the decent amount of treatment the fire types tend to get, I'd be okay with this. A secondary typing would be a neat bonus.

Grey Wind

*It's currently unconfirmed whether this is a new generation or not. The wording is vague and unspecific, and terms like "new Pokemon" and "new world" have been used for current-gen games in the past.
Multiple press releases call it a new generation, though.

So I'm guessing the SM anime will debut in November/December, so... league by the end of summer, short filler arc until SM starts? I wonder what this'll mean for Ash's last capture.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

ShadowForce720

Well I think if for instance if they say want Ash to have a pokemon that advertise DP remakes whenever those come out then what they could do is say maybe give him the Fire type starter and have the regional bird be Grass/Flying and then when the D&P remakes come out and the Sinnoh starters get their Mega Evolutions they could give Ash a Piplup and have him evolve it all the way to Empoleon and even Mega Evolve it.

Of course in regards to the regional bird I hope it's one of the following type combinations(these are in no particular order):

Grass/Flying
Water/Flying
Bug/Flying
Psychic/Flying
Dark/Flying
Fairy/Flying
Rock/Flying
Ground/Flying
Dragon/Flying
Steel/Flying
Poison/Flying
Ghost/Flying
Electric/Flying
Ice/Flying
Flying
New type/Flying(if on the off chance they actually introduce another new type.)

Oh and I mean for these types to be based of actual birds, so that's why for instance even though Noivern is Flying/Dragon, Dragon/Flying is on here because Noivern isn't a bird, since it's based off of more of a bat or a wyvern.

Also it would be a nice surprise if we got a new type cycle for the starters instead of the usual Water-Fire-Grass cycle. Oh if they did decide to for the 3 new starters not to be a Water-Fire-Grass type which 3 types would you like to see for the starters for I think it would be kind of cool if the starters were Fighting-Steel-Fairy instead of the usual Water-Fire-Grass.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash should get the fire starter and whatever the new girl doesn't get. The starters being owned by the second male has never worked out well, right Brock's Marshtomp?

Status
Not open for further replies.