• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samurott

I can definitely see Ash getting both Rowlet and Pikipek since he got three flying types in Kalos. Even though he had three flying types, they didn't all look like birds. Talonflame was like a regular bird, Hawlucha was a bipedal humanoid, and Noivern was a dragon. Perhaps Pikipek will remain as regular bird and focus on physical attacks while Rowlet could end up as something like a griffin in its final evolution and focus on special attacks.

Also, I can see Iwanko having a shot on Ash's team. If I'm not mistaken, it's the first mammal based rock type Pokemon since nearly every other rock types are based on... rocks. Before Ash got the mammal based Buizel and Oshawott, all of his water types have been based on reptiles and crustaceans.

As for a possibility of having a second starter, I would have to go with Popplio. If not, then some other water type since there'll be plenty. I can't see them giving Ash only the water starter two regions in a row. I can't picture Ash with a Litten at all, but perhaps with a male companion since we just had a fire starter with a female companion. Same with Nekkoara and Yungoos. He never travels with pure normal types.

As for Grubbin, I can see it going to Jesse. It's a bug type, which she's had several of before. Plus, since it loves electricity so much, Jesse might catch it to help steal Pikachu.

Last edited:
Basing speculation on last trends-or lack of them-is pretty useless considering that they tend to get smashed later.

Pre-Gible
Ash will never get a Dragon-Type! They're too rare/strong/overrated!
He's had three so far, too fully evolved.

Ash will never get a pseudo legend! They're too strong!
He has now had two, one fully evolved.

Pre-Scrafty
Ash will never get a Dark-Type! They're too evil!
Ash has now had three Dark-Types

Pre-Pachirisu
Ash's companions will never get an electric-type because Pikachu!
Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Clemont and arguably Bonnie all have electric-types

And so on. Patterns can be broken, and although they form a good basis, they ain't unbrreakable.

RickHoenn

Banned
I'm just hoping we get Ash having all his pokemon fully Evolved like in XY.

This I hope +1, I said it many times but I don't want 2 things to happen in the Alola anime: a bunch of useless reserves and a bunch of unevolved poorly developed mons, in the end I just don't want a repeat of the unova saga, please God help the writers realize that lol

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Basing speculation on last trends-or lack of them-is pretty useless considering that they tend to get smashed later.

Pre-Gible
Ash will never get a Dragon-Type! They're too rare/strong/overrated!
He's had three so far, too fully evolved.

Ash will never get a pseudo legend! They're too strong!
He has now had two, one fully evolved.

Pre-Scrafty
Ash will never get a Dark-Type! They're too evil!
Ash has now had three Dark-Types

Pre-Pachirisu
Ash's companions will never get an electric-type because Pikachu!
Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Clemont and arguably Bonnie all have electric-types

And so on. Patterns can be broken, and although they form a good basis, they ain't unbrreakable.

Technically, he has only two Dragons which are Gible and Noivern. Also Ash doesn't need two flying types in his team, Kalos was fine but if he is getting more than one of another type then it should be a type outside of Ground and Flying.

Janovy

Banned
Here's a rather different concern I have:

From what we've seen of the gameplay footage, Alola looks...impressive IMO, at least at the beginning stage of the game. A very tropical setting abounding with culture (we even get a glimpse of the region's mythology and we learn about the guardian deities and the festival honoring the deity) and I hope it translates well into the anime. I hope we don't simply get generic settings like we normally do in this anime. With the animation constantly improving, I hope SM anime steps it up a notch and gives us an aesthetically pleasing setting that corresponds to that portrayed in the game.

ShadowForce720

Technically, he has only two Dragons which are Gible and Noivern. Also Ash doesn't need two flying types in his team, Kalos was fine but if he is getting more than one of another type then it should be a type outside of Ground and Flying.

Uh no technically he has 3 dragons since it was never confirmed that Goodra was released.

ShadowForce720

It is actually two since it is not listed as a pokemon he has owned. I am only counting Noivern and Gible as owned since one is at the lab and the other is in the party.

No it's actually 3 because it was never confirmed that Goodra was released, so even though Goodra is staying at the swamplands it's still technically belongs to Ash. So until it's officially stated in the anime that Goodra does not belong to Ash, it will still count as one of the pokemon that he currently owns, meaning that Ash currently owns 3 dragon type pokemon.

It is not confirmed that he owns it and I am not changing my mind until it reappears on his team during the Kalos league.

It's not confirmed that it's released or no longer belongs to Ash, so until we get confirmation on it being released or it doesn't belong to Ash anymore, then it's still assumed to belong to Ash. The thing is for it not to belong to Ash it has to be confirmed to either be realeased or that it's specifically stated that it doesn't belong to Ash anymore, otherwise it's still assumed to belong to Ash.

Well, you can believe that but I can't because if the pokemon is not in training, not in party or not in the lab then I would deem it released until the anime proves to be otherwise.

That's not how it works, unless it's specifically stated that the pokemon was released, given away, or that it doesn't belong to said trainer anymore then Goodra still belongs to Ash.

Last edited by a moderator:

dman_dustin

Uh no technically he has 3 dragons since it was never confirmed that Goodra was released.

Regardless of whether or not Goodra can be regarded as released, DOESN'T automatically "reduce" the number of dragon types.

Overall Ash HAS HAD 3 dragon types WHICH IS THE POINT of the Aromatic Mist's post. It's irrelevant whether you argue or not Ash only has CURRENT access to only 2 dragon types.

OVERALL Ash has had 3 ENTIRELY different dragon type entities, and a total of 6 dragon Pokemon altogether including pre-evolutions.

It is not confirmed that he owns it and I am not changing my mind until it reappears on his team during the Kalos league. The swamp is generally a wild area with wild pokemon.

You're ignoring that Ash commanded it during the wetlands.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash is heading over to Alola so I expect a few more episode with his companions after the league and Team Flare plot.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

It is listed as a pokemon that Ash used to have. I will be more convinced if I saw Goodra an the opening/ending scene or an episode which features Goodra in the league.

That's because Serebii isn't really sure of it's status right now since it's technically not in training, at oak's lab, or currently traveling with Ash, plus it doesn't say "released in episode". At this point time until proven otherwise Goodra still technically belongs to Ash.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

From what we've seen of the gameplay footage, Alola looks...impressive IMO, at least at the beginning stage of the game. A very tropical setting abounding with culture (we even get a glimpse of the region's mythology and we learn about the guardian deities and the festival honoring the deity) and I hope it translates well into the anime. I hope we don't simply get generic settings like we normally do in this anime. With the animation constantly improving, I hope SM anime steps it up a notch and gives us an aesthetically pleasing setting that corresponds to that portrayed in the game.

Yeah im hoping they step it up in Sun and Moon

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
That's because Serebii isn't really sure of it's status right now since it's technically not in training, at oak's lab, or currently traveling with Ash, plus it doesn't say "released in episode". At this point time until proven otherwise Goodra still technically belongs to Ash.

Let's just agree to disagree since there is no point going on about it. Anyway, back on topic: I like to see Ash with two Fire types this time. One could be pure Fire and the other could be Litten who might have two types in it's evolution. If Litten remains pure Fire then the other one can have two types.

nickdt

Except they referred to it as Ash's Lapras though.

Not "wild Lapras" that Ash used to "own."

I think they just referred it to as Ash Lapras to not confuse us. But that doesn't deny the fact its released. I bet that if we ever encounter Pidgeot or Butterfree again... they will also refer to it as Ash pokemon.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

I was thinking the same thing.I hope they don't screw that one up.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I wonder if Ash should catch the Bug type since he didn't get one in Kalos. Rowlet would serve as a Grass pokemon, Grass starter and Flying for the region. Litten would serve as his Fire. Then there is the water type that is not a starter. Ash didn't get a new type in Kalos so maybe Alola would give him a Steel, Psychic or Ghost pokemon. Along with Pikachu, that would a whole party.

I think Ash is better off sticking with Pikachu and five captures of each region. Makes it easier to fully evolve his team.

JD

I really want to see Ash get a Popplio, but most people are saying that it would be delegated to the "comic-relief" Pokemon isn't it a bit early to say that? I'm guessing his team will look something like this early on

Pikachu
Rowlet
Popplio
Iwanko

It's a shame that these are fan-made because I could definitely see Ash having the Rowlet and Popplio final evolution. Well..if they were real that is.
tumblr_o8au137Glb1uqmfhjo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
For Sun and Moon anime I would like to see Ash with the following:

Pikachu
Litten
Iwanko
water type
steel/flying type
grass type
Psychic type.