• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
After XY gave Ash a team based on coolness/awesomeness (as opposed to what's the most type-diverse), his team could be honestly anything.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
With the newest Sun & Moon news I think I have an idea of what could happen in the anime.

I think Ash's traveling companions may be Moon (name pending), and Hau.
I am still hoping that Ash and Moon are family (maybe cousins), so Ash and Delia go to visit Moon and her mom whom just moved to Alola from Kanto.

Perhaps upon arriving to Alola, the guardian Pokémon of Melemele, which could be similar to the lake trio in DP. So Ash could meet the one in the starting Island also similar to BW when he met Zekrom. That's why Ash could be chosen to do the ritual fight with Hau instead of Moon.

So... I am guessing that Hala might be the champion or something of the region? It would be interesting if Hala and Professor Kukui gave the starter Pokémon to Ash, Moon, and Hau at the same time.

Ash gets Popplio like Sun did in the E3 Video.
Hau gets Litten like he did in the E3 Video.
That leaves Moon with Rowlet, which would be good since previous rookie girls got fire and water starters.

Ash will challenge gyms.
Moon would do whatever in-game sidequest is in the games.
Hau would probably travel since he is the grandson of the kahuna, so his journey could be somewhat similar to Iris, where the elder/kahuna sends them of a journey of self discovery.

This just leaves Iwanko. Iwanko was stated have some sort of important/hidden meaning along with the starters. So what if, instead of Ash getting two starters like DP, he just gets two of the important Pokémon that could be important to the story?

Ash's early team could be
1. Pikachu [Electric]
2. Popplio [Water]
3. Iwanko [Rock]
4. Pikipek [Normal/Flying]

Moon's early team could be
1. Rowlet [Grass/Flying]
2. Grubbin [Bug]

Hau's early team could be
1. Litten [Fire]
2. Pichu [Electric]

Illusio

No words, only rage
I wouldn't think too much into Popplio being the mon of choice at E3. The Treehouse employee said it was her choice of starter, so they just went with it. If she preferred any of the other two, I think they would've went with them instead.

World Turtle

So just asking, would you prefer if Ash got one, two, or all three starters? I'm leaning towards just one at the moment (regardless of which) since I want to see what the rest of the region has to offer.

Last edited:

Lionel_B

As Ash did not capture Pokémon Grass in Kalos (and again, he had a good chance there are some episodes...), I think they will do to start with Rowlet.

DannyDiglett

In the Sun & Moon anime, I'd rather not see a specific type that is represented too much. Ash has 3 Flying types and 2 Dragon types (if Goodra returns) in his XY team. So my wish is to let Ash have a more diverse and balanced team during his next adventure in Alola. It would be interesting to see how he would handle a Psychic or Ghost type Pokémon. My personal wish is a first Steel type catch though.

Last edited:

RickHoenn

Banned
So just asking, would you prefer if Ash got one, two, or all three starters? I'm leaning towards just one at the moment (regardless of which) since I want to see what the rest of the region has to offer.

Two, Rowlet and Litten :p and the female companion gets Popplio.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
With the newest Sun & Moon news I think I have an idea of what could happen in the anime.

I am still hoping that Ash and Moon are family (maybe cousins), so Ash and Delia go to visit Moon and her mom whom just moved to Alola from Kanto.

Perhaps upon arriving to Alola, the guardian Pokémon of Melemele, which could be similar to the lake trio in DP. So Ash could meet the one in the starting Island also similar to BW when he met Zekrom. That's why Ash could be chosen to do the ritual fight with Hau instead of Moon.

So... I am guessing that Hala might be the champion or something of the region? It would be interesting if Hala and Professor Kukui gave the starter Pokémon to Ash, Moon, and Hau at the same time.

Ash gets Popplio like Sun did in the E3 Video.
Hau gets Litten like he did in the E3 Video.
That leaves Moon with Rowlet, which would be good since previous rookie girls got fire and water starters.

Ash will challenge gyms.
Moon would do whatever in-game sidequest is in the games.
Hau would probably travel since he is the grandson of the kahuna, so his journey could be somewhat similar to Iris, where the elder/kahuna sends them of a journey of self discovery.

This just leaves Iwanko. Iwanko was stated have some sort of important/hidden meaning along with the starters. So what if, instead of Ash getting two starters like DP, he just gets two of the important Pokémon that could be important to the story?

Ash's early team could be
1. Pikachu [Electric]
2. Popplio [Water]
3. Iwanko [Rock]
4. Pikipek [Normal/Flying]

Moon's early team could be
1. Rowlet [Grass/Flying]
2. Grubbin [Bug]

Hau's early team could be
1. Litten [Fire]
2. Pichu [Electric]

I like your idea but I would prefer Ash with Litten or Rowlet for his regional starter since we just had an entire region focused on one water starter. Litten would be my first choice since we haven't had ash with a single starter team where the fire starter was the star. However, since, both Charizard and Infernape were stars of their respective regions (despite being on a team with other starters) I am ok with him having Rowlet over Litten.

And honestly I think Hau and Popplio's personalities match more than Ash and Popplio, just from what we know so far.

nickdt

I like your idea but I would prefer Ash with Litten or Rowlet for his regional starter since we just had an entire region focused on one water starter. Litten would be my first choice since we haven't had ash with a single starter team where the fire starter was the star. However, since, both Charizard and Infernape were stars of their respective regions (despite being on a team with other starters) I am ok with him having Rowlet over Litten.

And honestly I think Hau and Popplio's personalities match more than Ash and Popplio, just from what we know so far.

We just had two regions back to back focusing on the Fire Starter with another fire starter evolving in Sinnoh who was not from the region. Ash should have Popplio and Rowlet. Popplio evolves into his second form. With Rowlet going fully.

Illusio

No words, only rage
We just had two regions back to back focusing on the Fire Starter with another fire starter evolving in Sinnoh who was not from the region. Ash should have Popplio and Rowlet. Popplio evolves into his second form. With Rowlet going fully.

I'm not really sure we should count Gen V as Pignite focus, at least not exclusively. Granted, it was more of the main battler of the starters, but the lion share of focus overall went to Oshawott with Snivy just getting screwed all around. So really, I'd say water and fire are pretty even overall in terms of 'representation'.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

If Greninja is going to Alola it would have to get a soft reset like Pikachu. How else would you explain a Pokemon strong enough to beat a champion's ace losing to a beginning trainer?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
If Greninja is going to Alola it would have to get a soft reset like Pikachu. How else would you explain a Pokemon strong enough to beat a champion's ace losing to a beginning trainer?

Who says that they will have to make him lose? Besides, if he were to lose, he would most likely lose against a powerful opponent a la Paul. Beginner Pokemon can be punching bags against beginner Trainers, at the beginning.

dp045

I do not think it appropriate that Greninja accompanies Ash in Alola because he has shown that writers do not know how to handle powerful Pokemon in Ash team in early stages of your trip, see if Goodra that basically had to leave for that Frogadier / Greninja could shine. Just imagine two cases: Greninja stays with Professor Oak as the other pokémon of Ash with or without pretext (maybe invent that Greninja stay because he wants to train fighting other Pokemon Ash as Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape) or Greninja be in the team a few episodes before having to step out as Charizard when he stayed in the valley to get stronger.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Who says that they will have to make him lose? Besides, if he were to lose, he would most likely lose against a powerful opponent a la Paul. Beginner Pokemon can be punching bags against beginner Trainers, at the beginning.
Did you forget that Trip beat Ash a few times despite being a beginner? And yes Greninja could easily lose to a beginner or the first gym leader if the plot demands it.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

I highly doubt Hau would be in the main cast since he isn't a gym leader. I'm more inclined to believe that they will follow the status quo and give him a gym leader companion.

Status
Not open for further replies.