• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

How about the main cast being like this: Ash, Serena, Lillie and Clemont?

Serena's debatable but I doubt Clemont or his sister are going to Alola. Someone has to stay and rebuild Lumiose City

DatsRight

There is an alleged leak saying the Sun/Moon cast will be Ash, Serena, Lillie and Bonnie, though you can guess how reliable that would probably be.

Bonnie I'm not sure why, though I suppose her bond with Zygarde may make her of interest to researchers such as Professor Oak.

Say if we had the Orange Islands scenario again where Ash and Bonnie were heading back to Kanto and Serena back to her home town, only to end up sidetracked by a Team Rocket trap gone wrong.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
There is an alleged leak saying the Sun/Moon cast will be Ash, Serena, Lillie and Bonnie, though you can guess how reliable that would probably be.

Bonnie I'm not sure why, though I suppose her bond with Zygarde may make her of interest to researchers such as Professor Oak.

Say if we had the Orange Islands scenario again where Ash and Bonnie were heading back to Kanto and Serena back to her home town, only to end up sidetracked by a Team Rocket trap gone wrong.

Where is mallow in this?

nickdt

The writers won't have Ash travel with an all female cast. You can immediately tell that's fake.

Not only that. Meyer will never let Bonnie go on a journey without Clemont before she comes of age.

volcanionmaster123

The writers won't have Ash travel with an all female cast. You can immediately tell that's fake.

I remember that "leak" in particular saying the main cast is Satoshi, Serena, Lillie, and a "returning companion". I'm not sure if that automatically means Bonnie/Eureka but whatever. I personally hope someone like Brock comes back...

Either way, that leak might be from 4chan so I'm not sure if that's a real leak or not. There are many fake leaks but occasionally there's that 1 real one. This user said that he already "leaked Satoshi losing the League and the Flare Arc starting right after" (can someone find that source plz). I still think this leak could be full of **** but there's one thing...

This person said the SM anime will be announced in the Pokenichi show (which I think is Saturday?) in September. If the new series isn't announced after the 1 hour special, then MAYBE this leak has some credence...but even that's stretching it

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, with Mallow absent, I'm not quite believing this rumour.

Also, didn't Hidaka said companions would only return for tournaments/mini-arcs/similar events? While it's true things may have changed (and if I recall correctly, he's no longer a director for the show), I don't see things changing much.

Either way, whether it's Mallow replacing Serena or we're getting both, I'm more curious with the male companion.

FulgoreX

Banned
Also, didn't Hidaka said companions would only return for tournaments/mini-arcs/similar events? While it's true things may have changed (and if I recall correctly, he's no longer a director for the show), I don't see things changing much.n.

The Hidaka interview is from 2008, which was 8 years ago in DP. Why would that be relevant today? Its obvious nothing he said back then holds any relevance anymore, even aside from the fact that he doesn't work on the show.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, but so far some of what he's said remains true. Girls keep changing because "eye candy", past companions only come back for tournaments/cameos (or unless you're Cilan/Iris, neither lol) and etc.

Really, some of his statements are the kind of thing I don't really see changing. Even if Serena ends up on Alola (which I'd like to but I highly doubt to the point my money would be on her leaving) that would be technically be a "stay" not a "return".

FulgoreX

Banned
Yeah, but so far some of what he's said remains true. Girls keep changing because "eye candy",

Girls change for advertising/story reasons. It was obvious he was making a joke with the eye candy remark, but the translater took it too seriously. Also Misty didn't return for any tournament in AG, it was only May and Dawn who did.

Really, some of his statements are the kind of thing I don't really see changing. Even if Serena ends up on Alola (which I'd like to but I highly doubt to the point my money would be on her leaving) that would be technically be a "stay" not a "return".

Well it would be similar to how Brock left at the end of Johto, but then returned 4 episodes into Hoenn. Or the same when DP started. Brock always went back home before re-joining Ash again, so if Serena returns I can see something similar where she returns to her mother at first, but then catches up with Ash in Alola? Assuming she sticks around which I have my doubts.

Kdude146

Back when DP was close to ending lots of people hoped Dawn would stay because of her strong friendship with Ash but in the end she left. Now people are hoping that Serena stays for the same reason but we all know in the end she will leave. Think about it Serena represents the 6th gen and now that's it's over their is no need for her anymore. I'm ready to see Ash with a new group of friends in Alola and see what they will bring to the table.

FulgoreX

Banned
Back when DP was close to ending lots of people hoped Dawn would stay because of her strong friendship with Ash but in the end she left. Now people are hoping that Serena stays for the same reason but we all know in the end she will leave. Think about it Serena represents the 6th gen and now that's it's over their is no need for her anymore. I'm ready to see Ash with a new group of friends in Alola and see what they will bring to the table.

A point people make is the customization feature has return in the games, and Serena's current design is already anime-only and not tied to any game. Dawn had to go because she was too tied to DP and there were no Contests in BW either. Serena's design/goal is already anime exclusive, if the writers want to work on Serena's crush for another saga, it easy to keep her.

I can see something like Mallow joining as the new Brock/Cilan character as the cook, but Serena still staying as the "main girl."

Kdude146

A point people make is the customization feature has return in the games, and Serena's current design is already anime-only and not tied to any game. Dawn had to go because she was too tied to DP and there were no Contests in BW either. Serena's design/goal is already anime exclusive, if the writers want to work on Serena's crush for another saga, it easy to keep her.

I can see something like Mallow joining as the new Brock/Cilan character as the cook, but Serena still staying as the "main girl."

Serena's outfit and hair change was just to refence how you can do it in the games. Yes it maybe an anime design but it doesn't mean she is staying. The writers have already set up her exit with Palermo saying she will take her on as a student when ever she is ready and I see her taking that offer at the end of XY. Honestly I know we will get a Serena visit arc in SM because unlike Iris people do like Serena.

DatsRight

Not to mention the customisable function having a palpable Serena-look a like in Sun/Moon (though the black haired one and her different name and background will almost certainly be default for the story so that may have less substance).

Admitedly if there's anything to get out of Serena's slow development in XY it's to use her again. Her slow paced focus on showcases in favour of observing different goals could easily serve as giving her versatility in other performer events in Alola and her small untrained team could also get more proper development. I'm not saying it's likely at all she's sticking around, though it would certainly help XY's credibility a little if they had plotted a perfectly good waste to allow for more use in Sun/Moon (likely so she wouldn't end up run to the ground like Brock did by his second region).

volcanionmaster123

From what I remember, everyone knew Dawn and Brock were leaving from the get go because the new BW series was already announced (I think in July 2010)

On a side note, is there an official name for Glovegirl? Just kinda strange that they haven't even hgiven her a name yet

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
The last thing we need is to find out that Serena's going to Alola with Ash. Well...that is if that still doesn't mean the writers are going to get serious with the shipping. I mean it was fun for a while, but they need to either get serious with it (ie developing it on Ash's side) or drop it.

Of course these are just my opinions though.

Last edited:

Motor Bug2005

From what I remember, everyone knew Dawn and Brock were leaving from the get go because the new BW series was already announced (I think in July 2010)

On a side note, is there an official name for Glovegirl? Just kinda strange that they haven't even hgiven her a name yet

The Battle Royale trailer named 2 of the female avatars "Selene" and "Moon" although I think these were just placeholder names. Aside from that, "Glovegirl" has no official name as of yet.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Bringing old companions back permanently will not work, mainly because it will become too stale. Serena is already a character that didn't have the best development and dynamic, in fact I would argue that her goal was lackluster and got boring fast, so it's better to scrap her from the main cast as a whole than try to force her in. It's a situation of why try to fix something that is broken when you can get a new one for free? It's better to start fresh in terms of the main cast and leave other characters to occasional appearances and cameos. Obviously this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

DatsRight

I think Serena tends to get exceptional support for a return because:

1. Unlike most previous companions, her motives and goals revolve largely around Ash. Hell, a great deal of her life is revolved around Ash from an early age.

2. Because of her crush, it's hard to have her depart from the love of her life and likely never see him again outside a couple of cameos without the implications being much more heartbreaking. Every companion had a goal, but Serena's was to be with Ash and live happily ever after. Seriously, how could they conceive her as just another temporary companion to have that cruel outcome?

Last edited:

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
The last thing we need is to find out that Serena's going to Alola with Ash. Well...that is if that still doesn't mean the writers are going to get serious with the shipping. I mean it was fun for a while, but they need to either get serious with it (ie developing it on Ash's side) or drop it.

Of course these are just my opinions though.

Most likely Sun and Moon will develop more of Ash's side. Most likely Ash won't stay past Gen7 since it is essentially the end before the start of a new series. Waiting till Sun and Moon to have Serena's confession and all just makes it so they have more time to develop it.

Bringing old companions back permanently will not work, mainly because it will become too stale. Serena is already a character that didn't have the best development and dynamic, in fact I would argue that her goal was lackluster and got boring fast, so it's better to scrap her from the main cast as a whole than try to force her in. It's a situation of why try to fix something that is broken when you can get a new one for free? It's better to start fresh in terms of the main cast and leave other characters to occasional appearances and cameos. Obviously this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

Well arguably, Serena has gotten pretty good development, especially with her personality. But she does still feel like she's not finished and thats why she'll probably go on to Alola. She's a character with much more that the writers can do with. She can continue to develop in Sun and Moon, by continuing to perform, catching more pokemon (poplio, oricorio, etc.), and continuing her connection Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.