• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Too bad Serena couldn't and won't replace Ash as the main character for the SM series. I would have loved to see her try Island Trials and travel with Moon or Mallow or whoever. That would have been nice, but oh well.

Too much women. Need boy. Boy be main star. Then girl. - Pokémon Company.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Too bad Serena couldn't and won't replace Ash as the main character for the SM series. I would have loved to see her try Island Trials and travel with Moon or Mallow or whoever. That would have been nice, but oh well.

That seems like a terrible idea, but I guess everyone can have their head canons.

greninjamaster

Still made it much farther than the false entity known as Pokeshipping.
It's been how many years since Misty left again?

LMAO not even close bud. Pokeshipping will be remembered years from now when Amourshipping is nothing but a blimp, you know why? Cause it's part of the original series. Also how did Amour make it farther? Ash has never shown any interest in Serena and at least with Misty on Ash's side he showed interest. He got jealous when guys hit on her and he blushed when people implied they were something(like team rocket for instance and that was not just a dub add on). Serena and Misty both had canon crushes on Ash, and if you honestly think Misty did not fall for Ash, that's just straight up denial on your part.

It's been a while since Misty left and guess what she's still more relevant then Serena. Especially cause of something beautiful called nostalgia. ;)

What you don't seem to understand and I'll break it down for you is this anime is strictly about marketing the games. There's no end to it. You don't get that and you think XY miraculously changed the landscape when it didn't. It's still the same old anime, using the same bag of tricks. It didn't break any norms whatsoever.

You claim that people are leaving the anime, that's very true. It's a circle a circle of Pokemon fans..

The circle begins with a young kid watching the anime series. The kid grows up as he's watching the anime and playing the games and collecting the cards. As he grows older he starts to see the anime is not changing much so he stops watching. That doesn't stop him from playing the games though. And in the place of the kid who stopped watching a much younger child takes there place.

The circle begins all over again.

Last edited:

FulgoreX

Banned
LMAO not even close bud. Pokeshipping will be remembered years from now when Amourshipping is nothing but a blimp, you know why? Cause it's part of the original series. Also how did Amour make it farther. Ash has never shown any interest in Serena and at least with Misty on Ash's side he showed interest. He got jealous when guys hit on her and he blushed when people implied they were something(like team rocket for instance and that was not just a dub add on).

It's been a while since Misty left and guess what she's still more relevant then Serena. ;)

lol, are you being serious? I know you like Misty more than Serena, but c'mon. Misty hasn't been around for nearly 14 years. She's been irrelevant to the anime for like 70% of its run now.

greninjamaster

They could be trolling us again or it was a leak and it was rumored to be game concept art.

My Prediction of the S&M Team:
-Ash, Mallow, and Lillie

It's probably not gonna come true though.:(

My prediction is Ash, Mallow, Hau, and maybe Lillie as well. There always has to be a second male protagonist aside from Ash.

lol, are you being serious? I know you like Misty more than Serena, but c'mon. Misty hasn't been around for nearly 14 years. She's been irrelevant to the anime for like 70% of its run now.

I'm being very serious, talk to any adult about the show and they'll know exactly whom Misty is but lots of them won't know Serena cause they don't watch anymore. She's still relevant in many Pokemon fans minds because of nostalgia, she was the original girl.

I bet you any much money if you make a survey and you ask 100 people about Pokemon of different age groups every single one of them will know whom Misty is. I would say at least 40 to 50% will not know Serena cause they stopped watching before she came on.

What's going on in the anime now is irrelevant. Misty is the OG, she'll always be in the Pokemon fans minds because of that. People would forget about May or Dawn before they forget about Misty same with Brock. You can't forget them.

Last edited:

FulgoreX

Banned
I'm being very serious, talk to any adult about the show and they'll know exactly whom Misty is but lots of them won't know Serena cause they don't watch anymore. She's still relevant in many Pokemon fans minds because of nostalgia, she was the original girl.

Nostalgia can apply to any older character though, not just Misty. If/when Serena leaves, the same will apply to her. May and Dawn are also nostalgic for people who watched their sagas when they aired.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

And in a year serena will be irrelevant too

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It's a wonderful idea to me and she could have battled alot more, but of course it won't happen.

A lot of Serena battles will be featured exclusively off screen!!

All we asked for was an uninterrupted match. ;_; Here's hope for the 1 hour Special to deliver.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
A lot of Serena battles will be featured exclusively off screen!!

All we asked for was an uninterrupted match. ;_; Here's hope for the 1 hour Special to deliver.

Agreed. Or at least have an important role in the special by taking leadership like she did in the previous episodes or something.

greninjamaster

Nostalgia can apply to any older character though, not just Misty. If/when Serena leaves, the same will apply to her. May and Dawn are also nostalgic for people who watched their sagas when they aired.

Yeah but Misty goes in the same category as Brock. To anybody they will not forget them. Cause they were part of the original.

Some people stopped watching Pokemon after Johto because they grew out of it and didn't see May or Dawn and definitely not Serena.

FulgoreX

Banned
What's going on in the anime now is irrelevant. Misty is the OG, she'll always be in the Pokemon fans minds because of that. People would forget about May or Dawn before they forget about Misty same with Brock. You can't forget them.

This is completely wrong. Entire generations of kids have now grown up watching the anime for 14 years long after Misty was gone. The kids who grew up with AG and DP as their first sagas aren't going to care about Misty more than them. Even most older fans have moved on from Misty, that's why Misty isn't everyones favorite pokemon girl. You'll see plenty of people who see they liked May, Dawn, etc. as their favorite main girls.

You seem to be unware that a decade and a half worth of children got into the anime after the OS. Why do you think they can't be nostalgic the same way you are for your series?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yeah but Misty goes in the same category as Brock. To anybody they will not forget them. Cause they were part of the original.

Some people stopped watching Pokemon after Johto because they grew out of it and didn't see May or Dawn and definitely not Serena.

Those people most likely also stopped playing the games too and are considered genwunners.

volcanionmaster123

LMAO not even close bud. Pokeshipping will be remembered years from now when Amourshipping is nothing but a blimp, you know why? Cause it's part of the original series. Also how did Amour make it farther? Ash has never shown any interest in Serena and at least with Misty on Ash's side he showed interest. He got jealous when guys hit on her and he blushed when people implied they were something(like team rocket for instance and that was not just a dub add on). Serena and Misty both had canon crushes on Ash, and if you honestly think Misty did not fall for Ash, that's just straight up denial on your part.

It's been a while since Misty left and guess what she's still more relevant then Serena. Especially cause of something beautiful called nostalgia. ;)

What you don't seem to understand and I'll break it down for you is this anime is strictly about marketing the games. There's no end to it. You don't get that and you think XY miraculously changed the landscape when it didn't. It's still the same old anime, using the same bag of tricks. It didn't break any norms whatsoever.

You claim that people are leaving the anime, that's very true. It's a circle a circle of Pokemon fans..

The circle begins with a young kid watching the anime series. The kid grows up as he's watching the anime and playing the games and collecting the cards. As he grows older he starts to see the anime is not changing much so he stops watching. That doesn't stop him from playing the games though. And in the place of the kid who stopped watching a much younger child takes there place.

The circle begins all over again.

Ok ladies I think it's time to bring your temper tantrum to the shipper's forum. The both of you. Nothing personal

Another day, another shipping war, good lord, why does everyone have to be on their periods at the same time? W̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶m̶p̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶

Ok back to SM, I actually think Satoshi will make an appearance in the games if the leak that said Satoshi-Gekkouga will be in the games too, hence the supposed game concept art. I definitely think the models in that starter leak look like early game models.

Last edited:

greninjamaster

This is completely wrong. Entire generations of kids have now grown up watching the anime for 14 years long after Misty was gone. The kids who grew up with AG and DP as their first sagas aren't going to care about Misty more than them. Even most older fans have moved on from Misty, that's why Misty isn't everyones favorite pokemon girl. You'll see plenty of people who see they liked May, Dawn, etc. as their favorite main girls.

You seem to be unware that a decade and a half worth of children got into the anime after the OS. Why do you think they can't be nostalgic the same way you are for your series?

So you're telling me that those kids that grew up the 14 years without Misty didn't go back and rewatch the OS and just started from there region? That's a load of BS.

You seem to be unaware that Pokemon was at it's prime with the OS. The most people watched Pokemon during the OS. That is a fact. Misty was the most exposed of all the Pokemon girls. Through media especially, because she was a main character on the show when it was at it's most popular point.

Pokemon has never ever been as popular as it was when it first began and that is a fact.

Those people most likely also stopped playing the games too and are considered genwunners.

Hey those "genwunners" are the ones that made Pokemon Go! what it became, cause they grew up with the OS. So what does that tell you? Guess who all those genwunners remember? Wonder why Netflix got such an overwhelming increase in people watching the original series on Netflix? Nostalgia my friend, it makes a heck of a lot of money.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Ok ladies I think it's time to bring your temper tantrum to the shipper's forum. The both of you. Nothing personal

Another day, another shipping war, good lord, why does everyone have to be on their periods at the same time? W̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶m̶p̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶

As soon as its officially confirmed that serena is gone this will all calm down.

FulgoreX

Banned
So you're telling me that those kids that grew up the 14 years without Misty didn't go back and rewatch the OS and just started from there region? That's a load of BS.

You seem to be unaware that Pokemon was at it's prime with the OS. The most people watched Pokemon during the OS. That is a fact. Misty was the most exposed of all the Pokemon girls. Through media especially, because she was a main character on the show when it was at it's most popular.

Dude, do you not understand the passage of time? Kids get into the anime for the first time with every new saga. Its been 14 years worth of episodes since the end of the OS. Are you laughably saying no new little kids ever watched Pokemon from Hoenn onward? What kind of logic is that?

I know the OS was the most popular ratings wise, but that was still 18-20 years ago. All those people are now 25-30 year old adults, most of which probably left the pokemon franchise forever. You do realize a 10 year old kid who watched Hoenn back in 2002/2003 is now 24 years old, right?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

You seem to be unaware that Pokemon was at it's prime with the OS. The most people watched Pokemon during the OS. That is a fact. Misty was the most exposed of all the Pokemon girls. Through media especially, because she was a main character on the show when it was at it's most popular point.

Pokemon has never ever been as popular as it was when it first began and that is a fact.

Hey those "genwunners" are the ones that made Pokemon Go! what it became, cause they grew up with the OS. So what does that tell you? Guess who all those genwunners remember? Wonder why Netflix got such an overwhelming increase in people watching the original series on Netflix? Nostalgia my friend, it makes a heck of a lot of money.

It does make money, yet the games still make just as money as ever too so that is why they dont just keep remaking gen 1 over and over again.

The only people that still really care about misty are hardcore pokeshippers or genwunners that say stuff like "I remember back in the good ol' days when there were 150 pokemon and it was brock and misty."

greninjamaster

Dude, do you not understand the passage of time? Kids get into the anime for the first time with every new saga. Its been 14 years worth of episodes since the end of the OS. Are you laughably saying no new little kids ever watched Pokemon from Hoenn onward? What kind of logic is that?

I know the OS was the most popular ratings wise, but that was still 18-20 years ago. All those people are now 25-30 year old adults, most of which probably left the pokemon franchise forever. You do realize a 10 year old kid who watched Hoenn back in 2002/2003 is now 24 years old, right?

You're seriously telling me about this, when I made a post the last page which you responded to describing the circle of the anime essentially from a business standpoint? Come on now man don't make a post like this and then ignore what I said a page back.

I am stating that every Pokemon fan even new ones has probably gone back and rewatched the series from the beginning that's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.