• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
She's a Gym Leader type character in a game generation where there aren't any gyms in the first place.

That automatically expands her horizons by default.
I get the vibe that she would be more of a "Brock" type of character where she is sensible and mature most of the time.
Compare that to Misty, May, Dawn, and Iris where they all have some weird tick or two with them. Serena seems more chilled, but she was made to be a peer to Ash (as Bonnie was meant to be a younger character like Max).

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
She's a Gym Leader type character in a game generation where there aren't any gyms in the first place.

Island trials will replace them. They'll still be around in some capacity. As of right now I don't expect Island Captains to be treated any better then Gym Leaders.

volcanionmaster123

I get what you're saying but ask yourself this, do you REALLY think the writers will handle these characters better than they have currently? Hell, people already consider Trials to be basically gyms in a different name. I don't trust the writers to take advantage of this. Remember what happened with Citron/Clemont?

If Glovehead doesn't appear in the anime (looking more and more likely at this point) and if Mallow is treated like a Citron 2.0 instead of a co-star like Dawn, then I'd rather just have my both option (Mallow and a certain Kalos girl)

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Mallow will most likely be the third wheel if she is one of the companions. I can't see her working as the secondary character, but she seems to fit well in a mentor-type role. We might get a group of Ash, Glovehead and Mallow, but I also highly doubt this will happen, as having no male companion seems weird. If Mallow was going to be in the main cast, we would need a male companion become the secondary character, which could work, but then the problem is that female secondary character would attract children's of all genders more. A four-character cast is probably not a good idea, considering we just had it. I really don't see where Mallow can fit into this equation. I would prefer a team of Ash, secondary female cast, and a support male companion. However if Mallow needs to be in the anime for some reason, then a team of Ash, secondary male companion and Mallow is probably the best option.

Red and Blue

Any chance Corocoro will leak tonight? I remember it happened with the issue about Rockruff

FulgoreX

Banned
Mallow also has green hair like Cilan, that likely also implies she will be the new third wheel character. (Before anyone asks, I'm not being serious, lol)

Ash, Serena, Mallow and new male companion is what I'm hoping for.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I'd love to have Moon and Mallow as companions, but I just know if by chance the writers let this happen that fans would be extremely obnoxious as crap. From shippers, to PokeGirl fanboys to people acting as if Satoshi is some pimp for these two, I just can't picture having more than one trainer girl in the group making the PokeAni fandom any less insufferable.

FulgoreX

Banned
I'd love to have Moon and Mallow as companions, but I just know if by chance the writers let this happen that fans would be extremely obnoxious as crap. From shippers, to PokeGirl fanboys to people acting as if Satoshi is some pimp for these two, I just can't picture having more than one trainer girl in the group making the PokeAni fandom any less insufferable.

Mallow is older than Ash, similar to Brock/Cilan. While people will still ship them, making Mallow an older girl would likely prevent ship wars.

I prefer Serena to stay anyhoo.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Ugh you're totally right, this will all happen lol. Can't we just have a character without any issues from the fanbase?

Red and Blue

I'd like for corocoro to reveal the companions so the speculatilon on serena's fate is settled. But I suspect it will just show Ash in his new outfit

phanpycross

God-king
Ugh you're totally right, this will all happen lol. Can't we just have a character without any issues from the fanbase?

That was Cilan for me: Great team, funny character, intentionally silly/vague goal, no shipwars, and always felt relevant.

Id give my right arm for him to come back for S&M.

volcanionmaster123

I'd like for corocoro to reveal the companions so the speculatilon on serena's fate is settled. But I suspect it will just show Ash in his new outfit

All of us want that to happen, but knowing Corocoro and the writers (both love to troll), we'll get nothing concrete. It'll go like this: Corocoro will probably only say to tune in to the end of next week's special, and then after the special, all they'll do is show the title, and a world premiere date

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The ultimate solution to avoid people from complaining about companions and shipping wars: Have no companions

I'm a genius

Akashin

The ultimate solution to avoid people from complaining about companions and shipping wars: Have no companions

I'm a genius

But then you'd have people fighting over how it's boring with just Ash (and probably rightfully so) and, given time, that would devolve into complaints and arguments over who could have come back to fill that void. And shipping wars would come part and parcel of that.

There's no escape

Ilikepiex7

Do you think they will end the male companion only being allowed to carry 3 pokemon rule that started in hoenn? (Dedenne was Bonnie's pokemon so it didn't count)

Status
Not open for further replies.