• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Gonna go with Lena as the Female companion.

Another Water-trainer because 20th, and has a strong family connection like Cilan/Brock/Clemont.
Yeah, but does she have an interesting personality?

If she's going to be like those three and not have a lot of development, she needs a fun gag/personality to make up for it. If she doesn't even have that then we're stuck with a deadweight character that is neither compelling nor amusing and is just there as a third wheel to cook and provide information.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.

If she's going to be like those three and not have a lot of development, she needs a fun gag/personality to make up for it. If she doesn't even have that then we're stuck with a deadweight character that is neither compelling nor amusing and is just there as a third wheel to cook and provide information.

She can always be Mallow's rival! Like they do with the main players in the game.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
If the writers decide to make one of the trial captain as the secondary character for some reason, then Lena is probably the best choice, as she does look the most marketable at that position. Plus making an "interesting personality" is possible for any character, the writers just have to put effort into it.

Ilikepiex7

outside of loving her younger sisters we don't have any information on that girl's personality

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
If a trial captain is destined to be a companion my money is on Mallow. Her whole cooking but has an odd sense of taste is too good* of a gag for the writers to pass on. She'll probably wind up making lots of terrible tasting food.

* I use the term "good" loosely.

FulgoreX

Banned
The fact that Glovehead isn't even being promoted much in the games and her design is so plain looking to encourage the customization feature really proves to me she won't be in the anime at all. There's just nothing distinct about her.

sandtreamftw

On and Off Trainer
The fact that Glovehead isn't even being promoted much in the games and her design is so plain looking to encourage the customization feature really proves to me she won't be in the anime at all. There's just nothing distinct about her.

What are you talking about? She's so far being promoted as much as any other female protagonist, ie. the male protagonist is the one who gets most of the shots. And as for her appearance, that is a terribly subjective reasoning. On top of that, nothing distinct? We even came up with a nickname for her based on a very distinct design choice.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If a trial captain is destined to be a companion my money is on Mallow. Her whole cooking but has an odd sense of taste is too good* of a gag for the writers to pass on. She'll probably wind up making lots of terrible tasting food.

I so want this to happen if she's a companion

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I didn't think Glovehead would be in the anime until some people suggested it. I think there's a 50/50 chance for Moon/Mallow/Lillie.

Also, why did some people call her "Six chan"?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Do you think they will end the male companion only being allowed to carry 3 pokemon rule that started in hoenn? (Dedenne was Bonnie's pokemon so it didn't count)

If she does become a companion, I pray to Arceus she catches GRASS types and not every other type out there. One non-grass is okay, but it was ridiculous having Iris going around saying "I wanna be a Dragon master :D" yet only having ONE dragon that doesn't even evolve.They handled Misty right giving her Togepi as her only non-water type.
And there are plenty of feminine grass types they can give her.... along with Rowlett so Ash isn't stuck with that ugly bird.

FulgoreX

Banned
Most of the new grass pokemon in Alola are pretty boring looking so far, and the worst of all the new pokemon. Basically a Cherubi clone, a lei, a mushroom thing, etc.

That's also why Mallow being on the cast may not be a good thing...all those grass/flower pokemon are always so boring looking.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
If she does become a companion, I pray to Arceus she catches GRASS types and not every other type out there. One non-grass is okay, but it was ridiculous having Iris going around saying "I wanna be a Dragon master :D" yet only having ONE dragon that doesn't even evolve.They handled Misty right giving her Togepi as her only non-water type.
And there are plenty of feminine grass types they can give her.... along with Rowlett so Ash isn't stuck with that ugly bird.

Iris had three dragons though, but I see your point. If Mallow was to be a companion I think I want her to catch four Pokemon, three of which are grass types. And no, Rowlet belongs to Ash.

phanpycross

God-king

Hard to say, Brock and Cilan were both rather dull in the games.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Most of the new grass pokemon in Alola are pretty boring looking so far, and the worst of all the new pokemon. Basically a Cherubi clone, a lei, a mushroom thing, etc.

That's also why Mallow being on the cast may not be a good thing...all those grass/flower pokemon are always so boring looking.

Well, it's subjective since I ADORE Alola's grass types more than its other types.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Comfey is a Fairy type and Bounsweet is a mangosteen, not a cherry. I wouldn't mind Mallow to be the companion if she had a Lurantis with her. It's my favorite Grass type this gen with Bounsweet being a close second.

Red and Blue

You know if Greninja is going with Ash to Alola, wonder if he will be in Corocoro alongside Ash and Pikachu?

ShadowForce720

You know if Greninja is going with Ash to Alola, wonder if he will be in Corocoro alongside Ash and Pikachu?

Not sure, but the first D&P poster we got had the Sinnoh Staters and Ash, Pikachu, Dawn, and Paul on it, and then the second poster we got had the 2 sinnoh mascot legendaries the Sinnoh staters and Ash, Pikachu, Dawn, and Brock on it. If I recall it wasn't really confirmed that Ash would bring Aipom with him to the Sinnoh region until the very last episode of Battle Frontier. I would think that if Greninja is going with Ash then he would be on the poster although then again he might still wind up going even if he's not on the poster.

johno1995

I've always wanted to see the anime tackle a Pokeathlon sort of goal sometime soon. Bring them back in the anime and have a character's goal be involved in training for Pokeathlon events! I feel like that at least would be interesting to watch and a change of pace from contests and performances.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Not sure, but the first D&P poster we got had the Sinnoh Staters and Ash, Pikachu, Dawn, and Paul on it, and then the second poster we got had the 2 sinnoh mascot legendaries the Sinnoh staters and Ash, Pikachu, Dawn, and Brock on it. If I recall it wasn't really confirmed that Ash would bring Aipom with him to the Sinnoh region until the very last episode of Battle Frontier. I would think that if Greninja is going with Ash then he would be on the poster although then again he might still wind up going even if he's not on the poster.

But at the same time we're only two months away now and they need to start marketing sun and moon, so there isnt reslly enough time to hold back secrets in the first reveal unlike if they revealed it back in july.

Status
Not open for further replies.