• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Maybe I'll change my mind with previews or actually watching it, but as for a first impression:

This sucks. So much.

I could live without Alolan form Serena because it's what I've been expecting for a while. But... all the rest. Really? Man, it'll be hard going from XY&Z straight to... this.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I should have never complained about the gym quests. I was happy and didn't know....

Lost all my hype. I'm willing to give it a shot but I'm feeling like I'll be dropping it.

if he gets all three starters, then uhoh.

All three starters, major animation style change....when it the last time that happened?

Something tells me this season will finally "kill" the hate for BW :p

It looks like a yokai watch rip off.

It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I've seen the pic. It's pretty obvious they are trying to compete.

I can't believe out of all similar anime, they've decided ripping yokai watch off.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
So I guess this means RIP league in Alola. I can't possibly see how a league can fit into this equation now. This sucks, god dammit.

DatsRight

Hopefully they can make a compromise with Ash and Pikachu this time, ie. goofy and fallible, but still competent. Not just a dumb exchange student.

The promo would suggest bumbling Team Rocket is confirmed however.

Anyone find it ironic Ash looks more native to Alola in that poster than most of the other kids there? :p

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
That's a good point, Lapras is the only Pokemon in that poster that didn't have previous hype buildup from Corocoro or Pokemon SM news events. Even Sharpedo got notoriety over it as the Pokemon to be ridden on over water.

Wonder what's the deal with Lapras here.

Janovy

Banned
So I guess this means RIP league in Alola. I can't possibly see how a league can fit into this equation now. This sucks, god dammit.
There was never going to be a League lol

No gyms and no E4, remember?

Ominous Wind

That's a good point, Lapras is the only Pokemon in that poster that didn't have previous hype buildup from Corocoro or Pokemon SM news events. Even Sharpedo got notoriety over it as the Pokemon to be ridden on over water.

Wonder what's the deal with Lapras here.

Lapras can be seen in one of the trailers as one of those transport Pokemon.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Could you imagine if the games never have a traditional league again? Ash lost his last chance to win a league.

nuzamaki90

-No League so he has no reason to wear gloves
-His dreams never come true so don't expect him to graduate
-Charizard is once again, not his

Kill me silently

Samurott

Anyone else notice that each of the Trial Captains except Mallow are riding a Pokemon? Tauros for Sophocles, Lapras for Lana, and Charizard for Kiawe. Land, Water, and Air.

Ominous Wind

Could you imagine if the games never have a traditional league again? Ash lost his last chance to win a league.

I'd honestly be okay with that on an anime perspective. Let the anime explore different ways for Ash to become a Master.

My comment: facepalm

Seriously? He will go to school after 20 years???
And what's that stupid face in the picture?? I don't think I will watch this season... maybe I will watch XY/XY&Z instead of this one >__>

That's really freaking neato bro.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

Which is why Ash should have won the Kalos league. The loss would make sense if SM was going to be the winning season for Ash and that the Kalos league was just building up on it. This is beyond confusing.

It's my fault for having faith I guess.

Captain America X

Maybe I'll change my mind with previews or actually watching it, but as for a first impression:

This sucks. So much.

I could live without Alolan form Serena because it's what I've been expecting for a while. But... all the rest. Really? Man, it'll be hard going from XY&Z straight to... this.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I should have never complained about the gym quests. I was happy and didn't know....

Lost all my hype. I'm willing to give it a shot but I'm feeling like I'll be dropping it.

Something tells me this season will finally "kill" the hate for BW :p

It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I've seen the pic. It's pretty obvious they are trying to compete.

I can't believe out of all similar anime, they've decided ripping yokai watch off.

What were you expecting them to do with the anime considering no gym battles,no E4 or actual league with the only confirmed means of fighting being Kahunas and Totem.Were you expecting them to continue the same vollect gym badges and fight the league quest as per usual?

Also unless they somehow make Ash an even worse trainer than he was in BW I somehow doubt this series could end up being hated even more than that.Also how is it a Yokai Watch parody?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Ash going to school is literally the weirdest thing happening to the anime. It's like the writers are so aware of Yo-Kai Watch's popularity that they are turning the Pokemon anime into a Yo-Kai Watch clone, and that will likely make me not want to watch the Alola saga.

If Ash was going to become a school student, why couldn't they just make a new protagonist instead? All my hype killed.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Which is why Ash should have won the Kalos league. The loss would make sense if SM was going to be the winning season for Ash and that the Kalos league was just building up on it. This is beyond confusing.

It's my fault for having faith I guess.

considering you didn't want Ash to win the KL since it did not go the way you wanted it, you've really got no room to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.