• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssquaderi

interestingly, Gyms haven't been confirmed yet, so, what if this really is a Battle Frontier region so Ash uses all of his Pokemon and catches a few new ones throughout, or, instead of the Battle Frontier, they could just do the Champion Quest thing if he does indeed win the League. Thoughts?

LizardonX

Banned
interestingly, Gyms haven't been confirmed yet, so, what if this really is a Battle Frontier region so Ash uses all of his Pokemon and catches a few new ones throughout, or, instead of the Battle Frontier, they could just do the Champion Quest thing if he does indeed win the League. Thoughts?

lmao.

At this point some things in the franchise are a given.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Gyms are pretty much a given. Ash will go to Alola and fight the new gym leaders with his newly caught Pokemon.

Of course they wouldn't share the first details of the gym alongside the starters and legendary mascots.

ssquaderi

I know, but just a random theory, the 8 Gym Leaders could just be 8 Battle Frontier members each giving a different way to beat them like the Orange Island/Battle Frontier sagas. Plus, remember, these games are in favour of Pokemon Z, which would have obviously hinted at Ash having an actual Champion Quest or 2nd Battle Frontier challenge... But with the reveal of S&M most people, including myself have taken this news as definite news that Ash won't win the League, but given how well he's doing, he actually might so I really want this quest at the end of which he faces Diantha by beating members of the Elite Four who all are on a holiday trip to Alola or sth similar... huge fan-fiction but I personally really want this...

Red and Blue

Why take on the Kalos region`s E4 and Champion when he could take on the Alola ones?

dman_dustin

Am I the only one who likes the regional bird pattern?

If it's going to be another normal/flying Pokemon I can't imagine why you would like the regional bird Pokemon.

Fletchling was a good change since it could become a fire type.

But I would hate for Ash's team to be hindered by having yet another normal/flying Pokemon especially having 3 unique flying types within 6th generation anime.

Only way I would be fine with a normal/flying Pokemon would be if is if it had an epic design, as well as a varied moveset that the writers WOULD be willing to give to Ash.

Like a Normal/Flying type that can learn a whole bunch of random typed moves, maybe even capable of learning moves like "Dragon Pulse"

To explain why this Pokemon can learn these moves the Pokedex can say "The Pokemon has mastered the art of imitation, as a result it is able to learn many random moves"

Now if that were to happen, and the writers actually made its moveset nice, outside of extremely basic like most of the time then I would be okay with it.

But otherwise it comes off as a hindrance rather than useful. Just so long as has a FLYING Pokemon on his team, I don't think anything else matters.

Type combinations I would enjoy for potential flying type for Ash:

Poison/Flying
Ice/Flying
Fairy/Flying
Steel/Flying
Ghost/Flying

Now that I would be okay with. But unless any of that happens for the regional bird, just give Ash something else.

Gym leaders weren't confirmed for X&Y until June. Given the treatment of Sun and Moon, I don't expect it to be confirmed in Sun and Moon until July.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Assuming the woodpecker like bird we saw is the regional bird, I can't see it as anything other than Grass/Flying or Normal/Flying

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Are we gonna do that..seriously?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

Thoughts? That it is nonsense.

JD

I wonder how Meowth will interact with Litten if someone on the main cast gets it, I remember he had a crush on Skitty for a bit..maybe they could be rivals?

lmao.

At this point some things in the franchise are a given.

This, there's going to be new gyms without question.

Another question, do you guys think the Sun and Moon series of the anime will be called Pokemon Sun and Moon? Or something else like how Ruby and Sapphire was called the Advance Generation; and Black and White went by Best Wishes..well in Japan a least.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Assuming the woodpecker like bird we saw is the regional bird, I can't see it as anything other than Grass/Flying or Normal/Flying

I think it's Grass/Flying, and I hope cause the regional bird being Normal/Flying is just stale.

I wonder how Meowth will interact with Litten if someone on the main cast gets it, I remember he had a crush on Skitty for a bit..maybe they could be rivals?

This, there's going to be new gyms without question.

Another question, do you guys think the Sun and Moon series of the anime will be called Pokemon Sun and Moon? Or something else like how Ruby and Sapphire was called the Advance Generation; and Black and White went by Best Wishes..well in Japan a least.

I'm eager to see what the typical Meowth falls in love with feline of the gen will be like with Litten also in the picture, assuming Litten's male too and there's another feline Pokemon aside from the Legendary.

And I really really hope they don't call it Pokemon the series Sun and Moon..... that's just unoriginal.

satoshigekkouga

Personally i think they'll go with Sun and Moon.

Red and Blue

So I know we have a while before we get evolutions but which starter do you guys think has the potential to be Ash's powerhouse?

Markerz

Pokemon: Sun and Moon flows well with the triple, single syllable words, so that seems likely. If I had to go for something off the beaten path, I'd go with.. Pokemon: Eclipse.

Also, I'll guess Ash compensates for not having the grass/fire starters this time and nabs them both, with Litten being the powerhouse later on.

ShadowForce720

So I know we have a while before we get evolutions but which starter do you guys think has the potential to be Ash's powerhouse?

They all could be Ash's powerhouse, Although preferably between the 3 I would prefer Ash to get Rowlet or Litten, and between those 2 I would prefer Ash to get a Rowlet.

JD

Pokemon: Sun and Moon flows well with the triple, single syllable words, so that seems likely. If I had to go for something off the beaten path, I'd go with.. Pokemon: Eclipse.

Also, I'll guess Ash compensates for not having the grass/fire starters this time and nabs them both, with Litten being the powerhouse later on.

Between Rowlet and Litten I'd have to go with Litten, I think they could animate a lot of cool battle scenes with it; and Litten definitely looks like it would be a speedy Pokemon.

Sprinter1988

Rowlet could be interesting to change up the dynamics a little. Throughout Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova, Ash's general pattern was the core trio of Grass, Fire and Water, plus the main regional bird, with at least one of the core trio of types being a starter. In Kalos, this was changed by giving Ash a Talonflame, merging the fire type and the regional bird together.

If Ash gets Rowlet, he will check three boxes in one pokemon - one of the core types, a bird and a starter, all mixed into one.

ugotmybeef

Ash wins kalos league. Decides to go t Hawaii to celebrate, I mean Alola lol. Finds out that there's a league here too, decides to start a new adventure. :)

Abzu

Personally I think he will have 2 of the starters (A la DP) so I think Litten as it seems exaclty the kind of 'cute' starter that fits the female lead so ash doesn't catch it.

Also, you think the main female character of SM will be Ash's companion? Or maybe just a Gym leader like BW?

Status
Not open for further replies.