• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter1988

Personally I think he will have 2 of the starters (A la DP) so I think Litten as it seems exaclty the kind of 'cute' starter that fits the female lead so ash doesn't catch it.

Also, you think the main female character of SM will be Ash's companion? Or maybe just a Gym leader like BW?

I don't really mind who becomes the female character so long as they give her a story as well developed as those we got with May and Dawn. The new girl doesn't have to do contests, just have a storyline way above the quality given to Iris and Serena.

nickdt

I would really like that if Meowth falls in love with Litten. Can become an interesting storyline if Jessie or James catches it. Would really like that to happen, since that would mean another pattern thrown out of the windon.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash could use another fully evolve water starter pokemon. He has Charizard and Infernape for fire. Sceptile and Torterra as Grass. He currently has Greninja so he could get a new water starter so he would have two fully evolve starters of each type. I like to see him with Rowlet as well since it can cover Grass and Flying for the region.

JD

I would really like that if Meowth falls in love with Litten. Can become an interesting storyline if Jessie or James catches it. Would really like that to happen, since that would mean another pattern thrown out of the windon.

I don't think they'll ever give Team Rocket a starter Pokemon, I feel like they are considered too "rare" and I don't know how some kids would react if one starter was portrayed in a bad light. It definitely would be interesting to see, but I feel like Litten will either go to someone on the main cast or be the rivals main Pokemon.

DatsRight

I don't think they'll ever give Team Rocket a starter Pokemon, I feel like they are considered too "rare" and I don't know how some kids would react if one starter was portrayed in a bad light. It definitely would be interesting to see, but I feel like Litten will either go to someone on the main cast or be the rivals main Pokemon.

Most fans in Japan like Team Rocket anyway. I think the bigger issue with some would come down to it having to be treated as a butt monkey who nearly always loses if that were to happen. They have less issue with less prominent comical looking Pokemon like Meowth and Wobbuffet as such, they'll even defend their prominence, but main starters who are supposed to be badass, they may take exception.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash could use another fully evolve water starter pokemon.

Perhaps but I can't see whatever the seal becomes topping Greninja, that's going to be really hard to do.

He has Charizard and Infernape for fire. Sceptile and Torterra as Grass. He currently has Greninja so he could get a new water starter so he would have two fully evolve starters of each type. I like to see him with Rowlet as well since it can cover Grass and Flying for the region.

while currently his grass and fire type count is even with six each,

Bulbasaur
Bayleef
Sceptile
Torterra
Snivy
Leavanny

Charizard
Quilava
Torkoal
Infernape
Pignite
Talonflame

Take out the non starters and he's behind by one with Fire, plus as someone said before he has yet to make a run with only the fire starter as he did Grass in hoenn and water right now in kalos.

Still as long as it's litten or rowlet or both I don't care.

Ilikepiex7

in previous episodes where Meowth falls in love with regional cats he actively tried to prevent James and Jessie from catching it and they are not going to give Meowth a long term girlfriend considering how his crush on May's skitty only lasted that one episode

Navin

MALDREAD
Honestly, any of these starters are going to be hard-pressed to top their predecessors. Ash now owns a powerhouse/tier-1 Grass/Fire/Water-type starter: Sceptile, Blazefernape, and [Sato]Smogonfrog. And Charizard is his signature Pokémon.

Maybe Ash should be replaced.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
After the way his Kalos team has been set up, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with three Pokemon of the same type again in Alola...

I wouldn't necessarily mind if that happens as long as it's not three flying types again. If he gets Rowlet tho, I'd be ok with it depending on what its evolved forms look like.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly guys, I don't think we'll be facing the multiple pokemon sharing the same type struggle in Alola. If we look at regions like Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos, the common denominator is that there was little variety in the amount of pokemon available as well as types.

Where as the odd number regions like Kanto, Hoenn, and Unova showed him getting a much more diverse cast which while yes, some shared types, they also stood out enough where that typing wasn't an issue.

It's all gonna come down to how many new pokemon there will be in Alola this time around and if the past is anything to go by, it will be a lot of them.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ash has plenty of powerful and diverse Pokémon now, so that I only want to see him capture types that he doesn't yet own (Steel, Psychic, Ghost, Fairy).

The goal is to mix those with the common types that Ash will most likely always get. That's the good thing about multi type pokemon, they cover more types.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Unless those types get completely overlooked like Greninja and Scraggy's Dark typing.

Which trust me, I'm not a fan of. I would love for each pokemon to have a move from both of their types(this is one of my issues with Sinnoh).

JudySpell

Banned
interestingly, Gyms haven't been confirmed yet, so, what if this really is a Battle Frontier region so Ash uses all of his Pokemon and catches a few new ones throughout, or, instead of the Battle Frontier, they could just do the Champion Quest thing if he does indeed win the League. Thoughts?

Alola is obviously another 8 Gym region. He's not going to go here and compete in the Champion's League thing until he wins 8 Alola badges and wins the League there if that happens at all.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Perhaps but I can't see whatever the seal becomes topping Greninja, that's going to be really hard to do.

while currently his grass and fire type count is even with six each,

Bulbasaur
Bayleef
Sceptile
Torterra
Snivy
Leavanny

Charizard
Quilava
Torkoal
Infernape
Pignite
Talonflame

Take out the non starters and he's behind by one with Fire, plus as someone said before he has yet to make a run with only the fire starter as he did Grass in hoenn and water right now in kalos.

Still as long as it's litten or rowlet or both I don't care.

I was talking about the fully evolved starters. He has two fully Grass and Fire types. He currently has one fully evolved water starter. So another water to fully evolve would be nice.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Alola is obviously another 8 Gym region. He's not going to go here and compete in the Champion's League thing until he wins 8 Alola badges and wins the League there if that happens at all.

I currently have no faith in him entering the 'champion's league' either. I may change my mind once the new saga actually airs tho depending on how he's handled in the new region.

World Turtle

At this point I could easily see Ash with all three Starters. It'd really help to see what their final forms looked like (as well as the rest of the Gen 7 lineup).

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Personally I think he will have 2 of the starters (A la DP) so I think Litten as it seems exaclty the kind of 'cute' starter that fits the female lead so ash doesn't catch it.

Also, you think the main female character of SM will be Ash's companion? Or maybe just a Gym leader like BW?

I don't see Litten as the most "feminine" of the starters. To me that title would be Rowlet or even Popplio, so if the female character gets one it would be either of those two.

Also, I think she looks more like a worthy candidate for the travel companion. After the trashiness that was BW I am hoping we don't get two Gym Leaders again.

Status
Not open for further replies.