• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Should we give XY credit for being up-front with the intention of their Main Female character, or give SAO credit for at least attempting to make Asuka seem as good as Kirito :p

Instead of being butthurt seeing characters I like being compared to an anime and characters I hate as (somehow) exact parallels between each other I'll just take it as a joke because it's less facepalming

Last edited:

NatsuLian

What I want for the anime in Sun/Moon:

~ Is a continuation of X and Y in some fashion
~ Serena travels with Ash but Bonnie and Clemont leave
~ Serena finds a new goal and is proactive in completing it or keeps being a performer but is more proactive
~ The relationship between Ash and Serena is not as badly done as it was in X and Y
~ Another traveling partner that IS NOT a gym leader and INTERACTS with Ash AND Serena/Replacement
~ This character is relevant to the show and is not just THERE like how Clemont was after his battle with Ash
~ They keep glorifying Pikachu and don't reset him
~ The antagonistic team is apart of the show from beginning to end and an arc is not just reserved for them
~ Good fillers; I love fillers, I love them very much but not the ones X and Y has produced
~ Character development for Ash and Pikachu; honestly, the last time we had substantial growth was back in DPP
~ Plots that are actually going to go somewhere; being a kid's show is no excuse to be lazy, Micky Mouse Club House has better episodes than certain Pokemon episodes and that show is rated 5 - 7
~ Either make good rivals or don't make rivals at all
~ Stop watering down game plots so they can APPEAL; the games are centered towards the same audience as the show, the show shouldn't try to water things down
~ Stop making friendships perfect because in real-life, they're not; and they definitely don't call each other using honorifics...
~ Just be you and keep doing what you're doing but improve

Xuxuba

BW: Ash is dumb. Ash is portrayed as dumb.
XY: Ash is dumb (arguably a bit less but still). Ash is portrayed as admirable.

BW is more honest and thus more enjoyable.

Please, watch XY Ash's battle against Olympia then watch BW Ash trying to catch a pokemon without weakening it.

Then you tell me again that XY Ash is almost as dumb as BW Ash.

After that i want you to watch Ash's battle against Elesa or maybe Ash's battle against Cameron, then watch ANY of the XY battles and tell me which one was more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
Please, watch XY Ash's battle against Olympia then watch BW Ash trying to catch a pokemon without weakening it.

Then you tell me again that XY Ash is almost as dumb as BW Ash.

After that i want you to watch Ash's battle against Elesa or maybe Ash's battle against Cameron, then watch ANY of the XY battles and tell me which one was more enjoyable.

Sorry, XY is the new worst series now that its confirmed to be ending soon, everything it did is suddenly bad

nickdt

I don't want Ash to get all three starter Pokemon, but I'd like it if he got more than one like he did in Sinnoh and have them both reach their final stages. Give the other starter Pokemon to the Serena or Clemont replacement and have it evolve as well.

Well, going by pattern, Ash prolly gets two of the starters. I only hope he gets at least the water starter.

phanpycross

God-king
Instead of being butthurt seeing characters I like being compared to an anime and characters I hate as (somehow) exact parallels between each other I'll just take it as a joke because it's less facepalming
Chill, Im just teasing the writers because it took over 100 episodes to get a battle.

I say Pokemon is a better show than SAO. Like, by a lot.

Last edited:

GalaxianEX

Ash needs a real rival again. Someone like Paul who actually presents a challenge.

A dream come true would be if the anime used the male player character for Ash's rivals, but I know that would never happen since they would run the risk of audience cheering for the rival instead of Ash... Though if Paul had been in XY or BW, I would have rooted for him.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Ash needs a real rival again. Someone like Paul who actually presents a challenge.

A dream come true would be if the anime used the male player character for Ash's rivals, but I know that would never happen since they would run the risk of audience cheering for the rival instead of Ash... Though if Paul had been in XY or BW, I would have rooted for him.

That is more then likely not the reason why the male player never enters the anime. Sawyer is in a position where he should be the one to be rooting for because he's the underdog and Ash is the super rival of Kalos. Tierno and Trevor are in the same boat. They are the underdogs and Ash has become the obstacle that needs to be overcome. So that can't be why the male player never makes it into the anime.

GalaxianEX

That is more then likely not the reason why the male player never enters the anime. Sawyer is in a position where he should be the one to be rooting for because he's the underdog and Ash is the super rival of Kalos. Tierno and Trevor are in the same boat. They are the underdogs and Ash has become the obstacle that needs to be overcome. So that can't be why the male player never makes it into the anime.

Just because someone is the underdog doesn't mean that we immediately root for them.

Or did people root for Jackson and Macy in Johto, Morrison back in Hoenn, Barry and Conway in Sinnoh, or Stephen and Trip (because he was never shown to be stronger than Ash in any consistent fashion) in Unova?

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
He did his very best, and lost because of happening to enter the same league as a god. there's really nothing he could have done, so why go all out on training for another region, when that strat clearly didnt work.

/s ?

You say Olympia and Ramos were strategy, I say Brycen and Clay. You say Lenora and Skyla were spam, I say Clemont and Korrina. It goes both ways.

Eh, I wouldn't classify Scraggy's pants shield and Krok's stone swords, or the Oshawott geyser and Snivy Attract hax as equivalent to the strats against Olympia, but okay. Against Clemont the trademark counterstrat style of Ash's was intentionally focused, but I agree with Korrina. There is a reason why I think it's the worst gym battle, although at least it featured a powerful Mega Lucario.

I agree, aside from the regress thing.

So you think BW Ash was as good a battler as DP Ash?

Im not following. And yeah, Shota shouldnt beat Ash, but what can you do?

You called it "fanon," but it really isn't.

The writers shouldn't do that. If they did, it would be a worse loss on paper than Cameron, and big FU to the audience.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Just because someone is the underdog doesn't mean that we immediately root for them.

Or did people root for Jackson and Macy in Johto, Morrison back in Hoenn, Barry and Conway in Sinnoh, or Stephen and Trip (because he was never shown to be stronger than Ash in any consistent fashion) in Unova?

I didn't say everyone was rooting for him. I said he was in a position where he "should" Nobody is rooting for Sawyer though. Also all the people you named were not underdogs. Except maybe Stephen, because I've never seen the guy, everyone on that list was portrayed more or less fine. Jackson, Macy, and Morrison didn't appear enough to even know how powerful they were. Conway was always portrayed as a smart strategy trainer. Barry was a jobber, but he at least got one win, more then any Kalos rival. Do we even need to talk about Trip?

Aegiscalibur

Add Witty Title Here
Why are you misinterpreting "taken seriously" as "he has to be perfect" as if thats the same thing? last I checked we are all adult aged so I shouldnt have to spell out what I mean unless youre intentionally being facetious
I said, "if that's all it takes." You forgot to mention that the character has to actually somewhat match the serious portrayal he is given. I gave an example of dissonance like that.

That being said, XY Ash and Kirito have some similarities. Both are admired by practically everyone except designated villains. Their hax wins aren't even the worst of it; it's that people admire them so much.

Mirto

What I would like:

- New Cilan-like male companion with a well-developed goal
- No more showcases, bye bye Clemont
- Return of 1 or 2 tournaments for rivals
- More pokemon for companions (>3) & TR
- Bring back Gary, Cassidy & Butch for some episodes

What is Okay:

- Giovanni
- Miette-like character

Last edited:

GalaxianEX

I didn't say everyone was rooting for him. I said he was in a position where he "should" Nobody is rooting for Sawyer though. Also all the people you named were not underdogs. Except maybe Stephen, because I've never seen the guy, everyone on that list was portrayed more or less fine. Jackson, Macy, and Morrison didn't appear enough to even know how powerful they were. Conway was always portrayed as a smart strategy trainer. Barry was a jobber, but he at least got one win, more then any Kalos rival. Do we even need to talk about Trip?

First, no one in that list was ever portrayed as a serious challenge to Ash and many were portrayed as weaker.

Second, there is no reason why anyone "should" root for the underdog. Sure, people tend to do it, but it's not an unwritten rule or anything. Hell, BW tried to put back some of Ash's underdog status and the end results is that version of Ash has become one of the most despised by fans.

So no, Ash being the underdog would not stop kids from possibly rooting for the player character in the impossible scenario where he was use for the rival in the next region.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
First, no one in that list was ever portrayed as a serious challenge to Ash and many were portrayed as weaker.

Second, there is no reason why anyone "should" root for the underdog. Sure, people tend to do it, but it's not an unwritten rule or anything. Hell, BW tried to put back some of Ash's underdog status and the end results is that version of Ash has become one of the most despised by fans.

So no, Ash being the underdog would not stop kids from possibly rooting for the player character in the impossible scenario where he was use for the rival in the next region.

You're not getting what I am. I'm not saying it's a rule to support the underdog. You said having the male be a rival would cause some people to root against Ash. That can happen whether they use the male player or not, hence why I used Sawyer as a example. There were plenty of people that liked Paul more then Ash, trainer wise. If nothing else they probably don't want to portray the male as a rival because if he's opposing the main character that could turn kids off to the character and you don't want to put the male player in a bad light.

GalaxianEX

You're not getting what I am. I'm not saying it's a rule to support the underdog. You said having the male be a rival would cause some people to root against Ash. That can happen whether they use the male player or not, hence why I used Sawyer as a example. There were plenty of people that liked Paul more then Ash, trainer wise. If nothing else they probably don't want to portray the male as a rival because if he's opposing the main character that could turn kids off to the character and you don't want to put the male player in a bad light.

Sawyer has never been placed in a role where we are suppose to root for him, let alone over Ash. Despite the lack of character development, Ash is still the protagonist and he will always be set up as the one were "should" root for. Sure, a lot of people like Paul a lot, but I'm willing to bet even more people wanted to see him finally get beaten, otherwise their final battle at the League wouldn't bet in such high standing among fans.

Now, a player character as the rival would be a lot different, specially for younger kids, because were are invested on "him" from the games. It's very similar to when people wish that the main cast would catch the Pokemon he or she used while playing the game.

fidjnr

What I would like:

- New Cilan-like male companion with a well-developed goal
- No more showcases, bye bye Clemont
- Return of 1 or 2 tournaments for rivals
- More pokemon for companions (>3) & TR
- Bring back Gary, Cassidy & Butch for some episodes

What is Okay:

- Giovanni
- Miette-like character

and A PWT Senior cup just right at the end of this Gen

LizardonX

Banned

I'd root for the game original character over Ash.

Personally I feel like the league rival should always be the male player character who was put out of a Job by Ash and his yellow rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.