• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Then give one of them Gust, Wing Attack or even Aerial Ace! It isn't rocket science! Rowlet's most likely getting Gust or Wing Attack due to its wings being emphasised, not its beak, which is blunt and round.

Rowlet isn't a regional bird though? It's moveset is most likely going to have a few common moves-as every other freaking Pokémon of the same type does, FYI-but completely differing due to one being Grass-Type and the other not being Grass-Type. Your problem is, you're comparing regional birds, who all have the same type except Talonflame, not regional birds and then other, non-normal birds.

Also, Normal-Type still makes it unique. It has different weaknesses than Rowlet, meaning usage in different scenarios.

And if you honestly think Rowlet and Pikipek are going to have extremely similar move sets... Pfft.

Right now they both can take on Bug, Fighting, and Grass, and are both immune to Ground, but Rowlet can also take on Rock, and Water. Now if say you give Pikipek evolution steel typing, suddenly you have a pokemon that is immune to posion types and can better handle Ice types as well. Heck if anything the Steel typing with it would improve it's usage and make it even more handy to have in different scenarios by giving it 8 resistances, 2 immunities, and reducing it's weakness down to 2.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I want someone on the cast to catch Yungoose. Or maybe it can belong to a rival.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Here's something I'm extra curious about..

If Alola is just 4 or 5 islands, how are they going to milk the saga for 3-4 years :confused:

I guess we're in for a crapload of Show exclusive places, huh?

Last edited:

Akashin

I would assume that, as with every Region before it, it will last that long by covering the Gyms and the League.

Red and Blue

Here's something I'm extra curious about..

If Alola is just 4 islands, how are they going to milk the saga for 3-4 years :confused:

I guess we're in for a crapload of Show exclusive places, huh?

Yup. Get ready for a bunch of filler islands and towns.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I too think Ash should fully evolve all his gen 7 pokemon when he goes through Alola. He might catch another pokemon that doesn't evolve like Hawlucha and Torkoal.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Honestly I unless Ash is doing reserves, I hope he doesn't start catching pokemon that share types. Unless this region for some odd reason only has a limited selection, he doesn't need to capture multiple pokemon of the same type.

Honestly, right now, the only pokemon I want on his team are Rowlet and Iwanko. Grubbin's out of the question if he does go electric. Yungoos is total TR bait and Ash doesn't need both Rowlet and the bird. Ans the Koala just doesn't seem very Ash like.

MattySadler

I really don't know why you hate Litten so much.

I don't think it looks very good. I much prefer the other two and I'd love to see Ash getting them both. Obviously that opinion could change when I see them all animated, but I had the same opinion of the Litleo/ Pyroar line and seeing that animated didn't change anything.

I don't think Litten looks like an "Ash Pokemon". Now, I'm not saying that there is a confirmed, definite rule of thumb as to what an "Ash Pokemon" is, but we all know that, generally, you can tell whether a Pokemon is one Ash will get or not. For example, despite being a popular Pokemon amongst fans, Growlithe has never been an "Ash Pokemon".

World Turtle

I don't think it looks very good. I much prefer the other two and I'd love to see Ash getting them both. Obviously that opinion could change when I see them all animated, but I had the same opinion of the Litleo/ Pyroar line and seeing that animated didn't change anything.

I don't think Litten looks like an "Ash Pokemon". Now, I'm not saying that there is a confirmed, definite rule of thumb as to what an "Ash Pokemon" is, but we all know that, generally, you can tell whether a Pokemon is one Ash will get or not. For example, despite being a popular Pokemon amongst fans, Growlithe has never been an "Ash Pokemon".

Growlithe really isn't the best example since 1. Ash was given Charizard in Kanto and considering how Kingler got treated it would of just been a waste of a capture and 2. Arcanine was the rival's alternate Fire type in the games. Gary probably owned one in the anime because of this.

Janovy

Banned
There is no such thing as an 'Ash Pokemon' unless you are using the name to describe the Pokemon Ash owns.

If you look at Ash's team overall there is an incredible amount of variety.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
There is no such thing as an 'Ash Pokemon' unless you are using the name to describe the Pokemon Ash owns.

If you look at Ash's team overall there is an incredible amount of variety.

That's exactly what he's saying: "I'm not saying there is such a thing as a confirmed, definite rule of thumb as to what an Ash-pokémon is" and then he makes it even more clear as he uses "generally", which means that it isn't a simple yes or no for each and every single critter, just that there are always a few that tend to stand out and give the "heroes' partner" vibe.

Yes, Ash has a wide spectrum of critters, from blobs, rocks to crabs and dragons. That's probably not the point though. It isn't "cat=unAshlike", but more a general vibe he might get that he associates with Ash. In any case, it's a subjective thing.. but it is a thing, not defined by clear parameters, on which people often agree partially.

Just look at DP, which of the Lake Trio is the most Ash-like? Out of the three, I'd go for Azelf over Mesprit. It just has that look that fits Ash. This is not taking into account that the anime paired it with him as well.

Maybe it's just a gutfeeling that's best translated as "which is the most shonen appropriate"? An example: Buizel or Shellos? Without a doubt Buizel. Noivern or Dragalge? Noivern. That doesn't mean that Dragalge never had a shot, just that wasn't as obvious.

Lionel_B

Ah! There is one thing I've not mentioned and that disturbs me a little...

Here, for Sun & Moon cycle... I want... Let found Chansey in Nurses Joy's Assistant... Or even Audino... But not Wigglytuff.

I love Wigglytuff, I prefer it to Chansey and Audino, that's not the problem... But aside to promote the Fairy type, I don't understand why Wigglytuff suddenly became assistants of Nurses Joy.

And in my opinion, it's not because of the argument "we don't find Chansey to Kalos" because we were not find Chansey to Hoenn (otherwise they would put Gardevoir as Nurses Joy's Assistant).

So, for Nurses Joy, I want to see Chansey, the Audino or even a 7G equivalent, s'il vous plaît... But not Wigglytuff. It does not matter in my appreciation of the anime, but it disturbs me.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
The concept of an "Ash Pokemon" is lame, the writers can give him Mega Diancie if they want to.

Anyway, I have a crazy idea: what if he oaks Pikachu? I mean Greninja surpassed him in a recent poll in popularity, and this whole Ash-Greninja stuff seems to have a lot to do with SM, so maybe the writers could ditch Pikachu and have Ash take Greninja with him to Alola instead. This also means he doesn't need Popplio and would use Rowlet instead. And maybe the new normal/flying too.

Lionel_B

Personally, I don't want :(

And then they do it, Ash starts with a Pokémon too strong. Or Greninja leaves his team as did Charizard and Squirtle in Johto.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
guys... an Ash pokemon is Ash-Greninja... thats the Ash pokemon

lol jk guys. I agree that Ash doesn't have a kind of pokemon. From Charizard to Pikachu to Noctowl to Torterra, the writers swing anything to make it work for him.

NeoDude-5000

Right with E3 news now out of way I think can start my hopes for the Sun and Moon anime

1: Professor Oak's Rotom entering Ash's PokeDex and serves as a annoying sidekick throughout the series

2: For some strange reason I actually would like Hau to be a travelling companion of Ash's, since we never really had rivals as main travelling companions. I doubt it will happen but it's a nice change

3: The main rival should be dark & cruel, basically he would the antithesis of Ash (like Paul was) but with a cruel personality. That would set him apart from the other main unfriendly rivals, Gary was a jerk, Paul was brutal, and Trip was arrogant. So a sadistic bully-type rival would make a interesting rival

4: Ash in Alola should catch around 6 pokemon. I have a feeling that we won't get like over 100 new pokemon in Sun and Moon probably around 80+

His team will consist of: Pikachu, Pikipek, Rowlet, Litten, either Popplio or any other new Water type, a powerhouse secondary ace pokemon (like Glalie and Gliscor), and a slightly weaker powerhouse to replace the previous pokemon (like Gible and Noivern).

I do sort of see Ash owning all 3 starters, but Rowlet and Litten are most likely because he usually gets the faster starter and also the starters with a cool, calm and collected personality. But he can be creative with Popplio since it can use its water balloons for stunts

5: Ash to encouter this so-called "Tapu Koko" whatever it is, and also the festival at the start to be abruptly interfered by Team Rocket

6: Pikachu has to learn a new move since it has the same movepool now for 2 series

7: If Ash has multiple rivals a Battle Royal between them has to happen, just don't KO Ash first

Good guesses anyone?

Last edited:

dman_dustin

I don't think it looks very good.
I don't think Litten looks like an "Ash Pokemon".

If the first part of the quote is your own personal subjective opinion, I could see how you think Litten wouldn't be an Ash Pokemon.

But objectively the only reason anyone would assume its not an Ash Pokemon is simply because he's never had a cat Pokemon and because of Pikachu, but that literally doesn't mean anything.

Because there are plenty of Pokemon I could see Ash with that NEVER happened.

Now, I'm not saying that there is a confirmed, definite rule of thumb as to what an "Ash Pokemon" is, but we all know that, generally, you can tell whether a Pokemon is one Ash will get or not. For example, despite being a popular Pokemon amongst fans, Growlithe has never been an "Ash Pokemon".

I don't think this makes sense, just because Ash never got a Pokemon I don't think necessarily qualifies it as "Never been an Ash Pokemon" After all I strongly believe Lucario qualifies as an Ash Pokemon, and will never understand why they never gave one to him. but they chose not to give it to him because.....reasons.

In my opinion Litten is the only one that looks MOST like an Ash Pokemon.

Popplio makes no sense because of Ash-Greninja, and I don't buy just because of Noctowl, Rowlet is a shoe-in when Rowlet makes more sense to go to female character.

But I guess because Litten is a cat and women (for whatever reason) are more associated with cats, that's the only reason I can see why Litten wouldn't be with Ash.

And quite frankly just like the situation with Fennekin, I would hate if the female traveling companion got Litten, especially since WE JUST HAD Fennekin.

Red and Blue

The concept of an "Ash Pokemon" is lame, the writers can give him Mega Diancie if they want to.

Anyway, I have a crazy idea: what if he oaks Pikachu? I mean Greninja surpassed him in a recent poll in popularity, and this whole Ash-Greninja stuff seems to have a lot to do with SM, so maybe the writers could ditch Pikachu and have Ash take Greninja with him to Alola instead. This also means he doesn't need Popplio and would use Rowlet instead. And maybe the new normal/flying too.

I think it's a given that Pikachu will always be with Ash wherever he goes. Even if he takes Greninja with him to Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.