• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Someone believes that there is minimum possibility that Ash not be featured in the next generation? is very very very very unlikely protagonist Ash replace regular anime but I think it might be time, I say maybe the male / female avatar of Sun & Moon with Hau and Lillie as a new group. Just say.

No. Ash and Pikachu are the faces of the pokemon franchise (Together with Team Rocket). if Ash leaves, Team Rocket leaves. That is not going to happen until GF announces they have made the last pokemon game.

RickHoenn

Banned
So an anime that's been almost 20 years on the air, one of the longest running anime of all time, is a "flop anime" lulz...

Red and Blue

Both Pikachu and Ash go hand in hand with each other and share equal importance as the mascots of the anime. One can't exist without the other

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Ash could oak Pikachu though and use Greninja instead...

Honestly, what I think is that Greninja will come with Ash in Alola. I don't think he's getting Popplio. They could constantly promote Alola as much tougher than Kalos.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Ash could oak Pikachu though and use Greninja instead...

Honestly, what I think is that Greninja will come with Ash in Alola. I don't think he's getting Popplio. They could constantly promote Alola as much tougher than Kalos.

Too bad cause Ash is never oaking Pikachu. Wherever he goes Pikachu will be with him. That's a fact at this poibt

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Just give me the girl Rowlett. They never started with a grass before and always got the bird starters.

I could see the female companion getting Rowlet cuz it seems to be the most popular Alola starter right now. I wouldn't even be surprised if it becomes like Piplup either, tho I'm not sure if that would be a good thing hee hee. :3

ShadowForce720

I could see the female companion getting Rowlet cuz it seems to be the most popular Alola starter right now. I wouldn't even be surprised if it becomes like Piplup either, tho I'm not sure if that would be a good thing hee hee. :3

If anything I think Popplio is going to become the Piplup of the region.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Well it definitely looks silly, but I'm not sure if it's considered appealing enough to get exposure on par with Piplup. Speaking of which if we get Litten on Ash's team, I'm willing to bet that it'll be the Treecko of the saga in terms of attitude. ^^

diakyu

I was reading the last few pages and the greninja discussion is interesting. I don't see why people think his popularity mans anything. The writers and the people behind marketing this franchise know they have to keep moving forward and promote new Pokemon so they can find a new hit. They won't stagnate on Greninja because the kids like him right now. They rarely use a Pokemon in a generation not it's own because of it's popularity unless it is a stand in for something new (Lucario and Mega Lucario is a good example for XY).

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That's still a bad reason for not giving him a Fairy. Even if he still hasn't had those types, if there's a Fairy-Type the anime staff think suits him, it shouldn't hold them back.

Not really. I don't want to see him with a Fairy period until he finally gets a Ghost and Psychic. Nothing to do with my hatred of the type, I'd say the exact thing about any new type that showed up.
Except Cosmic, cause that sounded like a cool new type.
Dark was around for two years less..... hardly a reason to use it as an excuse for Fairy to get caught. Talk to me in 20 years and I'll more than be happy to see him with a Fairy. All those types are very old while Fairy is what...... two? He didn't get a Dark type until 3 gens after it was introduced and never got a Steel.

And I don't want him to get Popplio because I think it is ugly for one, and two we just had the Water starter be the main starter and in Unova too(Argue Pignite all you want people, Oshawott was the real attention. And if you think Popplio is going to evolve after Piplup, Oshawott, and Chespin you're kidding yourselves. No we don't need that on his team, carry on what Sinnoh and Unova started a team of mostly fully evolved titans)
And I don't want him with Rowlet either cause I want to see him catch and use a non-stater Grass type on his main team without a Grass starter being present, we've seen him use non-starter Water(Buizel) and Fire(Flame) so it is Grass turn. And it would clash with Pikipek too, which I'm 100% certain Ash will be getting the pattern should have broke with Fletchling if it was ever going to. I don't know about you but I don't want multiple flying types again.

I'm team Litten all the way. Time to shut up the "Ash can't own feline" excuses everytime a new cat-like Pokemon is speculated with him. Kalos was the only possible time he could have caught a feline in the past anyways. Meowth was off the table, Skitty and Glameow are feminine, Purrloin is Team Plasma's main Pokemon and he already owned two Dark types. Litleo and Espurr/Meowstic had no excuses for not being caught, I'm still mad he didn't get a Meowstic or Phantump as his sixth

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I was reading the last few pages and the greninja discussion is interesting. I don't see why people think his popularity mans anything. The writers and the people behind marketing this franchise know they have to keep moving forward and promote new Pokemon so they can find a new hit. They won't stagnate on Greninja because the kids like him right now. They rarely use a Pokemon in a generation not it's own because of it's popularity unless it is a stand in for something new (Lucario and Mega Lucario is a good example for XY).

But Riolu/Lucario were getting big exposure in B/W too.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon

Considering Popplio is known as the "ugly starter", i would be very much surprised if it became the mascot for Sun and Moon. Rowlett on the otherhand, would be a more applicable choice. As it's design is quite charming and obviously adorable. It's leaf bowtie and round/pudgy form also gives itself the "aww" status. Just my opinion though.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Considering Popplio is known as the "ugly starter", i would be very much surprised if it became the mascot for Sun and Moon. Rowlett on the otherhand, would be a more applicable choice. As it's design is quite charming and obviously adorable. It's leaf bowtie and round/pudgy form also gives itself the "aww" status. Just my opinion though.

Yea but that doesn't take their evolutions into consideration. Remember when froakie as the "ugly" starter? Yea that was a long time ago when everyone was obsessed with the fox until it evolved. Greninja is absolutely the mascot for xy.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Popplio is cute, this freaking memelords that started the whole ugly thing are just dumb(it's still the one I like less out of the 3, but that doesn't mean it's ugly).

mega snorlax

I'm still not ruling out another possibility which I proposed quite a while ago. Ash winning the league but losing to the Elite 4, then goes off to the next region, but to train himself so that he can beatvthe Elite 4 rather than pursuing badges. Perhaps he could act as the mentor to the next protagonist starting out there , while catching and training Pokemon. Problem is that it'll probably be too difficult and complex for the writers to enact. I think Oaking Greninja would be an even tougher task. Ash and Greninja have a ridiculous bond, something which the writers cannot dismiss so easily. Let's see what happens, though.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Something that I hope happens again are the BW tournaments. Some may argue that some of them were lackluster but if Sun and Moon improve on XY's animation and battling tactics then I think SM tournaments would be really cool.

Even if the girl has her own goal that deals with some sort of battling competition, there can still be tournaments. For example we did get tge Tag Battle Tournament in DP.

With Battle Royale a thing, seeing a tournament of it would be nice. Maybe one type of tournament on each main island.

1st : Single Battles
2nd : Battle Royale
3rd : Double Battles
4th : Tag Battles

Or something similar to that.

Tournaments are also a nice way to see rivals interact. Hopefully they make it past the first round though.

diakyu

But Riolu/Lucario were getting big exposure in B/W too.
Because of BW2 since Riolu and Lucario were two pokemon used to market that older Pokemon were now in Unova. Just like Eevee.

nickdt

I'm still not ruling out another possibility which I proposed quite a while ago. Ash winning the league but losing to the Elite 4, then goes off to the next region, but to train himself so that he can beatvthe Elite 4 rather than pursuing badges. Perhaps he could act as the mentor to the next protagonist starting out there , while catching and training Pokemon. Problem is that it'll probably be too difficult and complex for the writers to enact. I think Oaking Greninja would be an even tougher task. Ash and Greninja have a ridiculous bond, something which the writers cannot dismiss so easily. Let's see what happens, though.

Just like Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charizard and Pidgeot had a ridiculous bond with Ash back in the day and still... Pidgeot got released. Squirtle and Charizard were sent in training and Bulbasaur was Oaked.

They want to show off the new games. If they take Greninja with Ash... they better can start with a new protag in the anime.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Ash would benefit more with Rowlet because - It would be his Grass starter of Alola, Grass type pokemon and Flying type pokemon of the region. Although Ash getting Popplio might alright since we know he has two fully evolved Grass starters, two fully evolved Fire starters and one fully Water starter. Of course that doesn't indicate that he would another Water starter to fully evolve but it would be a nice possibility to have. So Rowlet or/and Popplio is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.