• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Outside of the starters, Pikipek and Salandit, I honestly don't see a lot of these new pokémon being an easy fit for Ash. Rockruff is an option, but I just don't see it happening.

This might seem presumptious and for sure is very subjective, often without really good reasoning, but here's what I think:

- Starters: They can all fit them on Ash, but I hope he gets Rowlet and perhaps Litten. Even if the leaks are fake (which I believe), I do still think it will turn into an archer.
- Rockruff: An option, but I don't see it with Ash.
- Komala: A side-kick probably, ala Bunnelby, Pansage.
- Pikipek: A fit for Ash
- Yungoos: Nope. Not on the cast.
- Vikavolt: Don't see it on the cast.
- Drampa: Perhaps, but I just don't see it with Ash.
- Bruxish: Ugh.. Nope. They wouldn't give a fish to Ash.
- Cutiefly: A sidekick, but who knows. Ash's first Fairy might be a Bug-type?
- Togedemaru: Nope.
- Salandit: Yes, definitely, but probably not if they add Litten to Ash.
- Bewear: I don't know.. Probably not Ash, but a sidekick ala Sudowoodo/Pangoro/Mamoswine?
- Mimikyu: It's a good pokémon, but it's just not a fit for Ash with the Pikachu disguise.
- Wimpod: Not for Ash in my eyes. But would be a Water-type for him if they skip Popplio, but I sincerely doubt it. It would be like Ash getting Surskit in Hoenn since he didn't get Mudkip or Relicanth.
- Bounsweet: Nope. Just too plain looking. If they didn't want to give Ash an interesting Grass-type like Phantump, then Bounsweet has no chance. Also, Rowlet is awesome..
- Comfey: Definitely a fit for a sidekick, just not for Ash.
- Mudsdale: It's awesome, and I'll definitely use it myself, but I just don't see Ash using a gigantic horse. Yes, he has Tauros, but those never joined his team during travels.

So thus far, that leads me to:

Shoe-ins:
- Pikachu
- Rowlet
- Pikipek
- Salandit/Litten

With possible:
- Popplio: But I doubt they'll go Best Wishes on us.
- Rockruff: I'll wait until I see the evo.
- Cutiefly: The evo will probably be the decider here as well.

With me hoping against what I assume will happen:
- Mudsdale: I really like it and want to see it regularly.

I really don't see how Salandit fits Ash at all IMO, it's based off of a bandit and the female has creepy mind control pheromones that make me think it's a Rocket shoe-in, or at least some sort of villain character shoe-in.

Also, betting on the female companion getting Cutiefly or Comfey for the cuteness promo, along with Togedemaru similarity to Dawn's Pachirisu and Iris' Emolga.

DatsRight

Because Jessie kept Wobbuffet, otherwise it would give her too many. They kept one old pokemon each.

In Sinnoh they started with five Pokemon (six counting Meowth), Jessie had THREE. Granted one from each of the trainers got released shortly in.

I don't mind Inkay and Gourgeist sticking around so long as they balance the squad. I don't want too few like in Kalos where you're wondering why the twerps can't just outnumber them every single time, but I like a small enough team they can balance spotlight with. I did like how the Kalos team were small enough you could have the whole squad out together in scenes and thus feeling like a whole team (bonding moments like Under the Pledging Tree or the end of the Master Class wouldn't have worked with too many Pokemon to put in shot). I also liked there was room to make Wobbuffet active in Kalos rather than just a gag (if they could do a region Meowth gets a boost I'd be very happy).

I would also like it if they managed to keep up with Ash this region. I know they were boosting Ash as exceptionally competent in XYZ but it got boring and repetitive seeing the trio posing absolutely no threat again. Let them learn new moves or evolution actually make a change like it does for the twerps, or even just some proper high tech traps that can't just get swatted off by top fighters or Mega Evolutions. Don't make BW a total waste.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I really don't see how Salandit fits Ash at all IMO, it's based off of a bandit and the female has creepy mind control pheromones that make me think it's a Rocket shoe-in, or at least some sort of villain character shoe-in.

I could see Team Rocket catching a Salandit just based on its sinister design, tho I wouldn't mind if we get something slightly unexpected on their teams instead, like a Drampa or a Cutiefly just to shake things up. :3

ShadowForce720

Just my thoughts in the different 7th gen pokemon that have been revealed and whether or not they would join the main cast and if they do who they would go to:

Starters: obviously they will be on the main cast although it's a question of who they will go to as they will either be split up where Ash and his companions each get one or Ash might get 2 or even 3 of them although if he only gets one starter I would prefer he get Rowlet.

Rockruff: judging from it's description which is this: "Rockruff looks cute, but is really gutsy: No matter how much it gets beaten it'll keep standing up to its enemies until it beats them. It greets people by pressing the rocks attached to its neck against them, which is kind of painful for the recipient. Its body is small, but it hides a secret. Rockruff are very friendly Pokemon but their personalities become rougher as they grow. Howling at dusk is evidence their evolution is near. When evolving, they will seperate from the trainer and return once their evolution is complete." it sounds like a pokemon that Ash would catch although it could go to one of his traveling companions but right now I'm leaning towards it go to Ash.

Komala: It might wind up with Ash, but I'm thinking it will probably wind up with one of Ash's traveling companions.

Pikipek: As it's the regional bird Ash could possibly catch it although they could surprise us and give to one of his traveling companions instead either way I think it will wind up on the main cast regardless of who it would go to.
Yungoose: Maybe it winds up on the main cast if it does I could see it going to Team Rocket specifically Jessie, although it would certainly be interesting if Ash or one of his traveling companions catch it.
Vikavolt: I could see this possibly winding up on the main cast as to who it would go to, it could possibly wind up with Ash, or it could probably wind up with one of his traveling companions or Jessie from Team Rocket, if it doesn't wind up in the main cast I could see Ash's main rival wind up having one.

Drampa: Honestly I have no idea if it will join the main cast or not I mean if it did I guess Ash or one of his traveling companions might get it, although maybe if it has a prevevolution or even an evolution then maybe I'd have an easier time seeing it in the main cast, but right now do I think it would join the main cast, it could happen, but I don't think it will although I could be wrong.

Bruxish: Unless someone on the main cast has a goal that involves being around water a lot, I can't see this really joining the main cast.
Cutiefly: Could easily join the main cast and will probably wind up with one of Ash's traveling compainons.

Togedemaru: It's probably a safe bet that this will join the main cast and will probably wind up with one of Ash's traveling companions.
Salandit: Could possibly wind up on the main cast and I think it would go to either Ash or Jessie or if it doesn't wind up on the main cast maybe Ash's main rival could have one.
Bewear: Could possibly wind up on the main cast it could really go to just about one on the main cast, or if it doesn't wind up with the main cast maybe it winds up with a rival, or it just stays wild be just keeps popping up.
Mimikyu: Could wind up on the main cast and could go to Team Rocket or given the description of it just wanting to be loved like Pikachu and to make friend, it sounds like a pokemon Ash could possibly catch.

Wimpod: It might wind up on the main cast, although I'm not sure if it will or not, however if it does it could possibly wind up with Ash who helps it overcome it's fear or maybe it winds up with one of Ash's traveling companions or Team Rocket.
Bounsweet: could wind up on the main cast and would probably wind up with either one of Ash's traveling companions or Jessie.
Comefy: could wind up on the main cast and would probably wind up with one of Ash's traveling companions or if it doesn't join the main cast it will probably just wind up being assistant the pokemon center helping out.
Mudsdale: It might wind up on the main cast and could possibly go to Ash or one of his traveling companions, it could be even a case where it has a preveolved form that gets caught and winds up evolving into it and winds up being on the main cast that way.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Out of curiosity, what sort of characterisations are you hoping for the recurring cast this time round? Same as Kalos, harking back to another era, or something new altogether?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
And then riots happen just like when Iris Excadrill won.

NO THANKS!

Nah. People just had issues with Emolga beating Sawk and Axew beating Golett with a DEM. Excadrill was the only battle where things made sense for Iris in that tournament.

Anyway....

I am still going to assume the main traveling trio will be Ash, Moon (name pending), and Hau. So...

Ash
1. Popplio
2. Pikipek
3. Rockruff

Moon
1. Rowlet

Hau
1. Litten
2. Togedemaru

Jessie
1. Wobbufett
2. Salandit

James
1. Mimikyu

Ominous Wind

I wouldn't mind another season with Ash having 2 of the starters. If that were to happen, Litten and Popplio are my choices. However, I fear Popplio will get the Oshawott/Chespin treatment and not evolve due to it's cute factor. That would be jarring, especially after a season where Ash's water starter fully evolved and played a big role.

If Ash gets two starters, I'm still hoping for Rowlet and Litten. Even though all of the 7th gen pokemon haven't been revealed, there are some like Rockruff and now Mudsdale that I'd like to see Ash with. Those are the ones that have caught my eye right now. I think it'd be cute to see Mimikyu in the cast too.

Zealot

Bewear can be James' Pokemon. Like his previous ones who bite him out of love. But Bewear will hug him hard instead.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If Wimpod doesn't evolve, I just can't see it on the cast. It's cute but..... I can't see it doing much if it doesn't have an evolution. Maybe Ash just won't get a Water type if he doesn't get Popplio, he didn't get a Grass in Kalos after all and if Greninja does get to come back for some Mega episodes then they'd be two Water types around.
Litten could easily be swapped for Salandit, but the other two starters don't have a good type Ash could get instead of them. I really hope he can get a strong Grass type on the cast without a starter for once, he had Torkoal and Buizel but a Grass never got that turn as he always owned the Grass starter until now.

I get the feeling Mudsdale will have a rebellious nature in the anime. If it ends up on the cast, Ash, or any of the other leads might have trouble controlling it at first

That Pokemon would have to go to the girl then. Ash doesn't need that drama and it seems impossible this late in his trainer career. And maybe do it better than Dawn and Iris' problems being resolved, I wasn't impressed with either of those.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
If Wimpod doesn't evolve, I just can't see it on the cast. It's cute but..... I can't see it doing much if it doesn't have an evolution. Maybe Ash just won't get a Water type if he doesn't get Popplio, he didn't get a Grass in Kalos after all and if Greninja does get to come back for some Mega episodes then they'd be two Water types around.
Litten could easily be swapped for Salandit, but the other two starters don't have a good type Ash could get instead of them. I really hope he can get a strong Grass type on the cast without a starter for once, he had Torkoal and Buizel but a Grass never got that turn as he always owned the Grass starter until now.

That Pokemon would have to go to the girl then. Ash doesn't need that drama and it seems impossible this late in his trainer career. And maybe do it better than Dawn and Iris' problems being resolved, I wasn't impressed with either of those.

Wimpod will almost for sure evolve. It's a weak bug type, they never stat that way.

nickdt

Wimpod will almost for sure evolve. It's a weak bug type, they never stat that way.

Agreed. I feel like Wimpod may get a branched evolution: One evolution stays wimpy, while the other evolution turns out to be a beast.

dean1234

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. I think it'll have a Pokemon Earth. Which perfect zygrade Will be the legendary for.

Red and Blue

I think marshadow is for Sun and moon alone.

Okay but if it is the third member of the trio then it deserves more focus than Zygarde who will likely have a post story episode dedicated to it. Assuming there will even be a third version of course

Paree

Here's my speculation.Rather If i was the writer.
Ash wins the Kalos league
Due to Team Flare's Interuption, Ash cannot defeat E4 and Diantha.
Ash somehow goes to Alola (With/ Without Serena)
After completing Alola, Ash comes back to Kalos for Zygrade related plot (Which is in SM)
Ash defeats E4 and Dethrones Diantha
A Celebration with all companions.
Into Future, Ash (aged around 29-30) is shown with all the trophies.He has really become a master pokemon trainer and is now a frontier brain (Just to have some fun)
His son sets off to a new journey, thus becoming the new protagonist.

Seriously, i want this to be the end of Ash's journey.I love ash, but i'm sick of Companion shuffling.

vespiqueen

I'm pretty unimpressed with most of the new Pokemon that have been introduced so far. I bet one of Ash's companions get a Bewear.

Status
Not open for further replies.