• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

I haven't watched the anime since like the seventh gym in the Unova series. I was disappointed with how it felt like a step backward from the Sinnoh arc. If they go back to doing what they did in that series, like someone mentioned above, I would start watching this series again. Have a rival that's a main recurring character, have an evil team that's actually a threat, and make it a point to show off as many characters from the games as possible, since that is what the anime is supposed to advertise after all. Ash's team was also handled most evenly in that arc. From what I seen of the Unova saga, it seemed like some of his pokemon, like Palpitoad, didn't get much attention at all. I kept up with the series through looking at episode pictures on the main site and noticed that none of his Unova pokemon even reached their final stage. It all just seemed like a huge step back for Ash as a character after he had made what seemed to be a ton of progress in the Sinnoh arc. Make Ash a competent trainer again.

It might also be helpful for the pacing if one of his friends also has something to do too, like May and Dawn.

Genaller

Silver Soul
We should be getting official SM Anime news by the end of the month. Right?

Motor Bug2005

We should be getting official SM Anime news by the end of the month. Right?

Who can say? Usually, initial anime announcements are made by TV Tokyo themselves but these announcements have always been made in June or July at the latest so we're all in the dark here as to why it's taking so long. It looks suspicious and out of the ordinary but until an annoucement is made, we can only speculate.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Last edited:

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
https://twitter.com/HirookaT/status/768795934633304064

Could someone translate what this tweet says?

It appears it says there are only 10 XY episodes left, but I need someone to verify it.

"The TF arc begins today. There are only about 10 episodes left to go for XY. Please look forward to next episode"

This is HUGE, because this confirms XYZ is ending around the time SM game comes, which all but confirms SM anime is coming out in November.

Janovy

Banned
"The TF arc begins today. There are only about 10 episodes left to go for XY. Please look forward to next episode"

This is HUGE, because this confirms XYZ is ending around the time SM game comes, which all but confirms SM anime is coming out in November.
Thank you!

Man, I hope this means we soon get our first S/M anime announcement.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate

From this announcement, it looks like the XYZ series is going to end around early November. Man, I cannot wait to see a preview of the SM anime.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
From the info we got, if the 10 includes today's episode, we have 5 left. So this is probably how it will go like:

1.Ash vs Alain rematch, finish Alain's story, goodbye with Alain

2.Not sure what to put here... possibly something to do with IKUZEfrog?

3.Goodbye with Clemont/Bonnie

4.Goodbye with Serena

5.Return to Pallet Town

So it's on-schedule I guess.

Alola Adventurer

And with that, this means XY should end at his means XY will conclude with XY142/XY&Z049. ^
And if there's aren't any other breaks/1 Hour Specials, XY should conclude on November 3rd, 2016.

Last edited:

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
If there are no breaks and the remaining 10 episodes does not include XYZ39, then that means that if we have no breaks, the anime will end on November 3, 2016. If there is a break, then November 10, 2016. I believe from what we got, it looks like the S&M anime is going to start either on November 17, 2016, or on Thanksgiving Day (a US Holiday; November 24, 2016).

Janovy

Banned
Honestly, the earlier it begins the better. I hate breaks.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The SM anime will most likely start on Novermber 17, so they could take a break between the end of XY and SM (which will most likely happen), which means November 3 is the likely date. However November 24 is also a possibility, which means November 10 would be the final date. The tweet did say "about 10 episodes" so it could be more than 10 (or less), but at least we finally got something for the SM anime.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think there's going to be a break after the 1 hour special.

10 more episodes to go!! It seems a bit rushed now that it's officially confirmed. I'll enjoy the rest of XY&Z.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
While this is something I personally expected, that doesn't keep my personal hype train from a fueling up. S&M anime coming! Generation 7 HYPE!!! :D

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
As much as the TF arc looks intense and hype, I feel like I want the arc to be over with so we can get more SM news. There is NO excuse to not release any info after the TF arc.

Alola Adventurer

After the 1 Hour Special, that should leave us with 6 episodes.
Pokémon Fan Magazine Issue #50 releases on September 20th, and they usually reveal around 4 new episodes as I recall,
so depending on how many episodes this issue reveals, there should be 1-2 episode slots left.
We'll probably get the reveal after the TF arc or in the Magazine, from TV Tokyo or maybe CoroCoro.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I think there's going to be a break after the 1 hour special.

10 more episodes to go!! It seems a bit rushed now that it's officially confirmed. I'll enjoy the rest of XY&Z.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot about the 1 hour special. There could definitely be a break after that, and we would have 5 episodes left at that point. And like you said, I'll enjoy the rest of XY&Z because we may not have a series that could be better than this.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I expect S/M anime news in September. Any later than that is just agonizing. It's not like Ash is losing anything important.

#Mallow&Mimikyu2016

volcanionmaster123

I don't think the problem in this thread was WHEN its premiering (this was no shock to me), rather it's why the hell has there not been at least a confirmation of its existence. Most of us already knew Satoshi was coming back. There was no indication otherwise,even in the middle of the league. Only people who thought otherwise were the shippers (although I guess the longer they take to announce the damn series the better chance they are hiding Serena's potential return but I digress). We could've at least got a SM poster with only Satoshi on it last month like it was supposed to and IF they wanted to hide her, then add her in later

Status
Not open for further replies.