• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sun/Moon possibilities discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Another pattern they can throw out of the window by doing so (And in the process of giving him three they destroy another pattern).

Ugh, no. If Rowlet didn't exist and Popplio didn't just scream Oshawott 3.0 I wouldn't mind him getting three. But if Mallow is a partner, now is the perfect time to FINALLY let the girl companion own the regional Grass starter.
And I don't want to see Ash's choices for new Pokemon stuck at 2 due to him owning all the starters, reserves would be a big freaking no as it'd just be BW all over again as we all know the starters can't be swapped out.

If we get another Kalos situation in the future where barely any new Pokemon are added and Ash is still around, then maybe I'd be fine with them giving him all three starters again if they actually evolve them all and treat them all equally.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'd like for Ash to get none of the starters if we're talking about breaking patterns here. That way his team can get more focus and development (outside of Pikachu). I'd also like the female companion to have one or maybe 2 while the main rival gets the last one.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I'd like for Ash to get none of the starters if we're talking about breaking patterns here. That way his team can get more focus and development (outside of Pikachu). I'd also like the female companion to have one or maybe 2 while the main rival gets the last one.

Not sure about the no starter route, but it could happen. Although Pikachu may likely get an arc on learning Gigavolt Havoc meaning less screen time for Ash's other Pokemon anyway.

Red and Blue

Apparently Lt. Surge is returning to Alola according to rumors that came out today. Maybe he will be the one to showcase Alolan Raichu in the anime

How do starters steal focus?

ShadowForce720

Apparently Lt. Surge is returning to Alola according to rumors that came out today. Maybe he will be the one to showcase Alolan Raichu in the anime

Um just pointing this out but in BW when Ash got all 3 starters + 6 other pokemon, it did result in some of the pokemon like Unfezant and Palpitoad being shafted to a certain degree in that other then it's capture episode and when it's at Oak's lab it was never really shown outside of battle while Unfezant started having the same problem as time went on and what's even worse was that it also started not getting that many battles in as the series progress. That is why rotation failed in BW because 1 slot was locked down by Pikachu, 3 slots were locked down by the Unova Starters, and 1 slot was locked down by Scraggy leaving only one slot open for rotation in that 6 pokemon were sharing a single slot, and ironically with the exception of Pignight those were the only pokemon on Ash's Unova Team to actually evolve.

Last edited:
While which Starter Ash will get in Alola can still be in question. We need to consider the the positives of the remaining Pokemon he has yet to catch. Ash will keep Pikachu of course, but the Traditional Bird Pokemon is still up for debate, Other formidable choices such as Salandit or Crabrawler might also be possibilities, and the introduction of Alolan Varieties of Pokemon from previous generations is currently questionable.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
What about Charizard?

Charizard is the only exception. The other times Ash got the full set (Johto and Unova), only one starter evolved (not counting quilava in Sinnoh) and didn't reach its final form. When he got one or two starters, they evolved all the way and beyond (greninja's case).

Really? I mean, really?

Everytime Ash get at least one starter, it becomes his primary ace at the region. And when he get all the three, any other pokemon not named pikachu get the short stick (Kanto and Unova mainly).

I wouldn't mind, actually. Sometimes, other pokemon have better designs than the starters in any form. But, since he eventually will get at least one, I'm on team rowlett for now.

About pikachu, I'm curious if they'll go for the anime route again and give it an anime-only Z Move instead Gigavolt Havoc.

Red and Blue

Um just pointing this out but in BW when Ash got all 3 starters + 6 other pokemon, it did result in some of the pokemon like Unfezant and Palpitoad being shafted to a certain degree in that other then it's capture episode and when it's at Oak's lab it was never really shown outside of battle while Unfezant started having the same problem as time went on and what's even worse was that it also started not getting that many battles in as the series progress. That is why rotation failed in BW because 1 slot was locked down by Pikachu, 3 slots were locked down by the Unova Starters, and 1 slot was locked down by Scraggy leaving only one slot open for rotation in that 6 pokemon were sharing a single slot, and ironically with the exception of Pignight those were the only pokemon on Ash's Unova Team to actually evolve.

He was juggling ten pokemon so it wasn't the starters fault. If he has just six or seven every pokemon should get decent development and not just the starters

Any source? Or is it just 2ch.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=372089&page=59

They came from pokecommunity on the leaked thread.

ShadowForce720

He was juggling ten pokemon so it wasn't the starters fault. If he has just six or seven every pokemon should get decent development and not just the starters

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=372089&page=59

They came from pokecommunity on the leaked thread.

Except you can't deny that if he didn't get all 3 starters it would have open up more slots to rotation and allow more pokemon to get focus. Basically if say he got the same amount of Unova pokemon but only one of the Unova starters then it would have worked out better because Ash would then have 3 slots open to rotation and since there wouldn't be 2 other starters on Ash's team that would need the screen time and focus it would actually allow Ash's other pokemon to receive more focus.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Really? I mean, really?

Everytime Ash get at least one starter, it becomes his primary ace at the region. And when he get all the three, any other pokemon not named pikachu get the short stick (Kanto and Unova mainly).

Don't misunderstand, the Pokemon that Ash Catches outside of Pikachu and the Starters may not get as much screentime and development, but in battle they can take some serious punishment and have forged meaningful bonds with their trainer, though they do have their vulnerabilities.

Red and Blue

Hmmm, assuming the leaks are true (there needs to be more verification), then perhaps the Sun and Moon anime is about Ash forming his own League then. Fittingly considering that he was essentially the ace and master in the Kalos region, overshadowing Alain despite him being the official champion...

The leaks mentioned the former champions returning so building a league through the trials is possible

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Not very convincing without any images/creditable quotes. If it is true though, then i guess the "build your own league" theory is true, which means Ash is probably going to do that in SM, which means he really should have won the Kalos League, but what's done is done I guess.

It makes sense if you throw out Ash's basic characterization. "If I can't become a league champion, then I'll just start my own league and appoint myself as champion." I'm only half serious about this.

Red and Blue

Not very convincing without any images/creditable quotes. If it is true though, then i guess the "build your own league" theory is true, which means Ash is probably going to do that in SM, which means he really should have won the Kalos League, but what's done is done I guess.

Well they are just rumors. Though I wouldnt be surprised if this turned out to be legit. Maybe we will find out on Tuesday.

MattySadler

I quite like Ash getting all three starters usually, but in this case I'm still not keen on him getting Litten. I don't think he will get one either.

The idea of Ash getting an Alolan variant of a Pokemon excites me so much. Imagine him getting an Alolan Vulpix or Sandshrew as an Ice-type. That'd just be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.