• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Dungeons Discussion

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
I mean if he wants to remain as unspoiled as possible then it's better that we respect that, though the names of some items isn't as big as some of the other stuff you see in post-game. And of course not everyone has taken the time to put 70 hours into this game already.

Also if we're talking about fake difficulty, let me talk about Mewtwo. That's all I'll say there.

Thank you Psynergy. I'm also someone who respects the fact that people don't want spoilers, so I try really hard not to give spoilers. By the way, could you send me a PM telling me how to put in one of those spoiler tabs in my posts. I would like to use one of those so that I can hide any spoilers I could be giving out. And I don't know how to place one in my post. Thanks!

LizardonX

Banned
I can't believe I went through all that trouble of going through 31F of Apex peak just for a crappy sp.def up looplet.

Rakurai

All of the stat-boosting looplets feel pretty mediocre with how plentiful vitamins are in this game.

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not there's a good place to amass Joy Seeds from gold sparkles and/or buried treasures so I can finally catch up with Hydreigon and make him a mainstay on the team.

So I've been wondering at the frequency of which my or my partners pp will suddenly drop to zero after attacking an enemy? It seems to happen quite a lot regardless of which dungeon. Is it because of an enemy's ability that this keeps happening so often?

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
About the only time I've seen that happen is when an enemy uses Spite or Grudge, or stepping on the dreaded PP Leech trap. I don't think anything else lets that happen, as far as I know...

Pressure also doubles the amount of PP you use, which Is why I always take multiple Elixirs and Max Elixrs!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So I've been wondering at the frequency of which my or my partners pp will suddenly drop to zero after attacking an enemy? It seems to happen quite a lot regardless of which dungeon. Is it because of an enemy's ability that this keeps happening so often?

If there's someone with Pressure, the PP will drop like a fly by being wasted two times as fast.

That's why I prefer using that looplet that keeps the user from wasting PP sometimes. Discharge for everyone!

Like my partner will attack it and finish it off (after other party members have attacked first) before the enemy can even attack and the the message pops up that the moves pp dropped to zero 0_O. Not a slow drop with pressure but instantly to zero.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Thank you Psynergy. I'm also someone who respects the fact that people don't want spoilers, so I try really hard not to give spoilers. By the way, could you send me a PM telling me how to put in one of those spoiler tabs in my posts. I would like to use one of those so that I can hide any spoilers I could be giving out. And I don't know how to place one in my post. Thanks!

The syntax for spoiler tages is [noparse][/noparse]

Text after the = sign will show up as the spoiler title though it's not necessary, though having the = sign there is.

All of the stat-boosting looplets feel pretty mediocre with how plentiful vitamins are in this game.

I'm still trying to figure out whether or not there's a good place to amass Joy Seeds from gold sparkles and/or buried treasures so I can finally catch up with Hydreigon and make him a mainstay on the team.

I'm mostly in agreement, though the level 5 dungeons that allow items are great for the stat boosting looplets because a possible +30 in a stat is pretty insane early on. Also for what it's worth, I've still never found a Joy Seed.

The Golden Seed and Golden Banana were great for an 8 level boost later in the game, getting me up to about 76. If you're willing to dump huge sums of Gold Bars to buy more after initially finding them, that's an option, though by the time I used the initial Golden items I was pretty much at the level where breaks don't really happen much.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
The syntax for spoiler tages is [noparse][/noparse]

Text after the = sign will show up as the spoiler title though it's not necessary, though having the = sign there is.
Thank you Psynergy! Let me try it.

put spoiler here

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Thank you Psynergy! Let me try it.

put spoiler here

Should honestly not be posted in here, but imma chill.

You know what was a pain for me?

Mr. Mime's (I think) connection orb mission.

I ran in thinking it'd be just the Liepard. I get there and I have to take down a Glameow, Trapinch, and a Natu.

What made it worse was the Trapinch had Fissure and the Glameow had Hypnosis.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Clearing dungeons for the sake of clearing them has become a chore. Sure, 120 dungeons to explore! Half of them being empty and devoid of missions. Eesh. They only exist to do something and leak very little experience to everyone else.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Should honestly not be posted in here, but imma chill.

You know what was a pain for me?

Mr. Mime's (I think) connection orb mission.

I ran in thinking it'd be just the Liepard. I get there and I have to take down a Glameow, Trapinch, and a Natu.

What made it worse was the Trapinch had Fissure and the Glameow had Hypnosis.

Just use petrify orbs for those missions. It stuns the other team and gives you plenty of time to hunt down the outlaw.

Clearing dungeons for the sake of clearing them has become a chore. Sure, 120 dungeons to explore! Half of them being empty and devoid of missions. Eesh. They only exist to do something and leak very little experience to everyone else.

I like clearing those dungeons anyway since I'm going for 100%.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Just use petrify orbs for those missions. It stuns the other team and gives you plenty of time to hunt down the outlaw.

Yeah, I know, I just didn't come prepared for what was there. All I saw in Mime's post was that Liepard stole his item. So the extra three with one of them having a OHKO move was a little unexpected.

Needless to say I came back prepared and took them out.

Some of those dungeons could've been used to reward you with legendaries.

But no, one of them is chilling at a cafe in your village instead.

*cough* Victini *cough*

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Most of the dungeons have at least one mission, treasure or legendary attached to them, I just ignored dungeons that had no mission initially and I found a vast majority of them had some mission at some point. Even now that I have only like 8 more to go and no more Connection Orb missions left, I still have a purpose for completing a few of them. There's one dungeon in specific that I'm not looking forward to doing though.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Most of the dungeons have at least one mission, treasure or legendary attached to them, I just ignored dungeons that had no mission initially and I found a vast majority of them had some mission at some point. Even now that I have only like 8 more to go and no more Connection Orb missions left, I still have a purpose for completing a few of them. There's one dungeon in specific that I'm not looking forward to doing though.

Psynergy is right. I've gone to dungeons with no missions and found some random pokemon in most of them but it doesn't always happen.

Rakurai

Evolution feels like it was so lazily implemented in this game, largely because the dialogue of the Pokemon who've evolved doesn't change at all.

This means you'll get silliness like a Hydreigon saying he can't see anything because his eyes are covered if you choose evolve Deino, or a Ninetales that calls itself Vulpix still.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Evolution feels like it was so lazily implemented in this game, largely because the dialogue of the Pokemon who've evolved doesn't change at all.

This means you'll get silliness like a Hydreigon saying he can't see anything because his eyes are covered if you choose evolve Deino, or a Ninetales that calls itself Vulpix still.

A Bisharp called me a kid despite me having evolved.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer

I don't bother evolving any pokemon besides me and my partner since you get every pokemon in the game and I want every pokemon even the ones that are not fully evolved. I'm always like that with PMD games.