• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Dungeons Discussion

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Yeah, i'd rather not think of it that way, I...don't think I can handle that. I'll just continue to assume they evolve when you beat them...

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
I just recruited Xerneas! Awesome! I still need to get Kyogre and Groudon though.

8bit moonside

It bothers me irrationally that Articuno isn't on the same continent as the other two legendary birds.

Also, I've ran into a few Pokemon that aren't listed on the main site in some dungeons (actually, only one, but still); Ditto seem to show up rarely in the Mysterious Plains.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
It bothers me irrationally that Articuno isn't on the same continent as the other two legendary birds.

Also, I've ran into a few Pokemon that aren't listed on the main site in some dungeons (actually, only one, but still); Ditto seem to show up rarely in the Mysterious Plains.

Yeah, I found that strange too. I beat Articuno on one continent and then the other two were found on an entirely different continent. I guess because Articuno's dungeon is closer to that one continent but the other two have theirs closer to the other one.

And for those of you who didn't figure it out: I'm not mentioning the continents because I'm trying to avoid spoilers.
Look here:
Articuno is on the Grass Continent while Zapdos and Moltres are on the Air Continent.

VP Turtwig

Master Hand
I hate those Heliolisks in Poliwrath river though. Beaver dam Razor Wind. I was in one of those giant rooms containing the stairs, and they were on one side of the room, while we were on the other. There was a Heliolisk a bit past the stairs, and I was trying to keep my partner from being killed by a Clauncher while the Heliolisk was killing both of us. Eventually, I got diagonally aligned to the stairs and used a pounce wand, hit the wall, and ended up right on the stairs. The neat thing was that my partner was transported too, so yeah. I ended up using 4 Oran Berries, and 3 Tiny Reviver Seeds for that room. :(

Rakurai

Seeing how overpowered Razor Wind was in those early sections made me put Helioptile on the team ASAP, and it hasn't disappointed me since.

Well, aside from the odd times it gets confused while preparing Razor Wind and KOs the entire team.

scififan21

Oh that sucks I had a Charzard do that with Heat Wave, luckily it only KOed one of my team once.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Reminds me of my hatred with some Vibrava and their dadblasted Earth Power out of nowhere. Thank goodness I had a Petrify Orb or I would have been toast then...

Perfect Zygarde

I love this game's story. I really like the way you recruit Pokémon in this game although it's a shame you can only recruit one of each Pokémon and because of that the only Pokémon I evolve are me and my partner. I also love how every single Pokémon (minus Volcanion) is in this game. It's also neat how there are no NPC in this game since they can all be recruited except for Hoopa and that's one of the few things I don't like and I know I'm not the only one. The other things I don't like are how Pokémon can become unusable for some time and..... Well that's about it actually. Right now I'm trying to recruit Rayquaza and the others but Dragon's Gate has been real pain for me (what's ironic is that a couple of the other dungeons labeled Super Difficult were actually pretty easy for me) so if someone could help me with that I would be grateful. I could also use help with Zero Island.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Right now I'm trying to recruit Rayquaza and the others but Dragon's Gate has been real pain for me (what's ironic is that a couple of the other dungeons labeled Super Difficult were actually pretty easy for me) so if someone could help me with that I would be grateful. I could also use help with Zero Island.

Honestly, hope you get an Ally Reviver emera when going through the dungeon. Otherwise cry or come back later with higher stats. Or come with an inventory loaded with Reviver Seeds and some Elixirs (which may still not be enough if you're not careful), but really just hope you find Ally Reviver.

Rakurai

The game really ought to have included more difficulty descriptions or used a star-based difficulty rating instead.

Super difficult is ridiculously vague, and ranges from enemies that can barely scratch my toughest Pokemon to ones that can OHKO them.

Perfect Zygarde

Honestly, hope you get an Ally Reviver emera when going through the dungeon. Otherwise cry or come back later with higher stats. Or come with an inventory loaded with Reviver Seeds and some Elixirs (which may still not be enough if you're not careful), but really just hope you find Ally Reviver.

Well this is the first time I've heard of that emera. I assume it's rare like the awakening emera.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Well this is the first time I've heard of that emera. I assume it's rare like the awakening emera.

The Ally Reviver Emera is very rare. It brings back your teammates. So if the leader has it, it revives the other two but not the leader but if you switch to a different pokemon I think the pokemon who has it can revive you. That last part I'm not sure about though. If someone can confirm, that would be nice.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
Ally Reviver is not rare at all. Every emera has the same chances of spawning.

Really? I usually have a hard time finding certain ones. Is it certain dungeons where they're found? Or are there just too many kinds that I'm getting different ones.

LizardonX

Banned
I'm now at about 670 connected.

Jesus christ the pace has dropped off so much from before where I can get 4-5 connections easy per day. Often I go through an entire 15 or 20 floor dungeon just for one dinky pokemon that will probably never get used since its so far behind the curve compared to everyone else.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Jesus christ the pace has dropped off so much from before where I can get 4-5 connections easy per day. Often I go through an entire 15 or 20 floor dungeon just for one dinky pokemon that will probably never get used since its so far behind the curve compared to everyone else.

Welcome to the main gripe of mystery dungeon games.

Extremely slow progression for nothing near the end.

LizardonX

Banned
I didn't really care about catching them all in the previous games, just the legendaries. For this game I actually want to 100% it.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer

Welcome to the main gripe of mystery dungeon games.

Extremely slow progression for nothing near the end.

Yeah, the Epilogue is where most PMD games get boring especially if you're going for the legendaries. I just reached the final rank and had to go through a 31 floor dungeon to reach Zygarde and that took me an hour to do.
I didn't really care about catching them all in the previous games, just the legendaries. For this game I actually want to 100% it.
I'm going for a 100% as well. I managed to get close to 100% in the previous games but there is always something that stops me. Like in Gates to infinity, I recruited every pokemon and reached the final rank but I still haven't finished my Paradise. And in PMD 1 I did everything except for getting Celebi and getting Celebi is really hard.