• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Dungeons Discussion

Loirox25

Well, as I said, the ones left for me are just Escavalier and Doublade so I cant talk to them bc they are travellers....

Rakurai

It's a little dumb that you can't see where traveling Pokemon are until you've finished all of the job requests other then Arceus when considering that some of the requests are locked behind traveling Pokemon, so you'll have to search blind at some point.

Loirox25

It's a little dumb that you can't see where traveling Pokemon are until you've finished all of the job requests other then Arceus when considering that some of the requests are locked behind traveling Pokemon, so you'll have to search blind at some point.

It is so dumb. However, even if I clear other requests the locations wont appear. I Have found Escavalier and I only have Doublade left, along with Arceus. And guess what? I still can't get any location so I guess it is just a region problem. In Spain you cannot see that (I better mean in games played originally in Spanish).

But I just have 1 left before Arceus!! I am willing to find that Doublade and do Arceus tomorrow!! And finish this incredible game. I just have to clear the Meowth missions and play a little bit im the Pelipper Area. Exciteddd

DarkDragonSpyro

It is so dumb. However, even if I clear other requests the locations wont appear. I Have found Escavalier and I only have Doublade left, along with Arceus. And guess what? I still can't get any location so I guess it is just a region problem. In Spain you cannot see that (I better mean in games played originally in Spanish).

But I just have 1 left before Arceus!! I am willing to find that Doublade and do Arceus tomorrow!! And finish this incredible game. I just have to clear the Meowth missions and play a little bit im the Pelipper Area. Exciteddd

Does You Have a Physical Copy or Digital Download of this Game,as far as I Know,Digital Download have some Early Bugs

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Can someone help me with strategies for Sky Ruins, Dragon Gate and Apex Mountain? I'm not sure how to complete these efficiently and any advice will be appreciated.

Loirox25

Does You Have a Physical Copy or Digital Download of this Game,as far as I Know,Digital Download have some Early Bugs

Well, I have a physical one. But it doesn't matter. I have got Doublade and Escavalier finally so I can finally do Arceus!! Thanks Serebii users for help. I really appreciate it.

I repeat, for those with trouble like me, do all the dungeon again. But the ones with legendary quest or battles, and at the same time the ones with trasures from the treasure hunt wont include any traveller PKMN. CONFIRMED. And no travelling to the unknown continent or the Sea of the seven treasures. And just good luck!!

Loirox25

Can someone help me with strategies for Sky Ruins, Dragon Gate and Apex Mountain? I'm not sure how to complete these efficiently and any advice will be appreciated.

Well, for completing them, I recommend spending your gold bars on Proteins, etc. They improve your stats and give so much power. Use them before entering those dungeons, just for sately and comfortability. If you can level up by going to large dungeon with motivated Unown, it will be better.

Hope I helped, that worked perfectly for me! Dragon Gate and Sky ruins are so hard, too. So good luck!

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Enter the area.

Use a Escape Orb.

You officially cleared the area.

Rinse and repeat.

Oh. I noticed that. I got wrecked pretty hard on Dragon Gate, so I used an Escape Orb. Game said I completed the dungeon, even though I never made it to the end.

I was mostly referring to the bosses, especially since you fight Reshiram and Zekrom at the same time in Sky Ruins and have to fight 3 bosses in a row in Dragon Gate. I was wondering how others did it to give me an idea on what to do. For Apex Mountain, was looking for an easy way to get to Zygarde.

Well, for completing them, I recommend spending your gold bars on Proteins, etc. They improve your stats and give so much power. Use them before entering those dungeons, just for sately and comfortability. If you can level up by going to large dungeon with motivated Unown, it will be better.

Hope I helped, that worked perfectly for me! Dragon Gate and Sky ruins are so hard, too. So good luck!

I could try this. I tried a Fairy type team for Dragon Gate and it still got me nowhere. But doing that for a lot of Pokémon is going to be a pain...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Of course what worked for me may not work for you, but here's what I did:

For Sky Ruins I used a team of Mewtwo, Charizard, and Palkia. Use team attacks against one of the dragons and have Mewtwo use Psychic, Charizard use Heatwave, and Palkia use Spatial Rend. Mewtwo's Psychic will lower the target's Special Defense over time, causing it to take damage. Once you beat the first, the second will have already been weakened by Charizard and Palkia and should go down somewhat fast. If you don't have Charizard, any powerful move that hits the entire room and inflicts special damage is good as well.

For Dragon Gate I actually beat it using a team of my most powerful Dragon-Types, which was Haxorus, Hydreigon, and Giratina. Haxorus is especially good if you abuse the combination of Swords Dance and Dual Chop. Use two Swords Dance and Dual Chop will easily be inflicting 100+ damage per hit, and that's multiplied by two because it's two hits. Things get even better if you throw Emeras into the mix, especially Barrage, allowing for up to four hits, and Power Boost X/Y for even more damage.

I don't really have any suggestions for Apex Mountain, as I beat it with relative ease and no strategy. I just used my two starters (Charizard and Greninja) as well as a Palkia. My two starters had been stat boosted simply using the vitamins I've found throughout the game, not even buying any.

Of course, a generous quantity of (Tiny) Reviver Seeds and Oran Berries is always nice as well. Also very helpful is Truant Wands. Bring two for the Sky Ruins and three for the Dragon's Gate. The opponent not being able to attack every other turn makes a big difference.

Last edited:

Rakurai

Most bosses can cheesed by just having a Pokemon with Memento spam the move until they deal single digit damage.

Kind of silly that they didn't limit stat changes to the degree the main series does.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Alright, I'm back again with another question.

What's a good strategy for Destiny Tower? I now have all Pokémon sans Arceus and I need to climb it to get him. I do know the type variety seems to change every five floors so I know I need a variety of moves. But is there anything else that would be good too?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Alright, I'm back again with another question.

What's a good strategy for Destiny Tower? I now have all Pokémon sans Arceus and I need to climb it to get him. I do know the type variety seems to change every five floors so I know I need a variety of moves. But is there anything else that would be good too?

Once again, for me at least, no strategy was needed. I brought in my Charizard, Greninja, and Rayquaza and made it through just fine. Assuming you've been using any stat boosting vitamins you come across naturally on your two starters should mean that they are powerful enough at this point to just power through everything. Rayquaza is also a big help if you teach it Dragon Ascent and give it a looplet that stops stat reduction. Of course, as always, bring plenty of Reviver Seeds, Elixers, Oran Berries, and Apples. You're probably going to want to take Big and/or Perfect Apples to save bag space (if you don't have a supply of those, they can easily be found in the Super Apple Woods).

Ariellla

Team Flare
I heared that apparently if you want arceus you need to go to the unknown continent and go up to floor 99 and your Pokemon are automatically set back to level 5!!!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I heared that apparently if you want arceus you need to go to the unknown continent and go up to floor 99 and your Pokemon are automatically set back to level 5!!!

It is a 99 floor dungeon on the Mystery Continent, but it does not set you back to level 5. There are dungeons that do that, but Destiny Tower is not one of them. You must all connect with all other Pokemon first.

Can I Salvage the Rewards from Quests I Finished Before I Died?

Hi, I have a question. I have Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (yes, yes, I know its an old one, I stopped playing the game years ago and just recently revisted it) and I think I'm having a bit of a problem. You see, I'm fighting this one outlaw and he's one of the guys that summon a huge mob of pokémon. I keep dying when I get to him but that's not the real problem here. I beat a whole bunch of quests on the way down and when I die fighting the outlaw, don't get the rewards. Are those salvageable? I don't want to make so many finished quests go to waste...

Thank! ;354;;354;