• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Dungeons Discussion

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
So worth noting I had one more incident with Vibravas. I was on the very last floor of the dungeon and spawned in the room with the stairs, I took a step forward and ended up activating a warp trap which sent me in the adjacent room [thankfully it was only that far] while the rest of the crew somehow managed to fight off a then evolved Flygon after it knocked out bugs bunny as well as 2 Probopass while I had to deal with 2 Solrock in the other room. The dungeon just had to have it last laugh. I had seven tiny reviver seeds and 4 reviver seeds with me, I was down to 1 tiny reviver seed and 2 reviver seeds by the end. And I had worked so hard to get all of those... : / However now I know to be afraid of every Vibrava I come across.

I feel like there must be a difference but I honestly don't know if there is one. The chance to increase multiple stats with the sweets is still pretty cool though, all things considered, but single vitamins are definitely more consistent and cheaper.

Maybe the donut has a higher chance of giving you two stats but yeah for the most part I think their items that are kinda fun but ultimately not worth their price. It's a shame too because they could be really interesting items if they gave out just a few more stats, like maybe guaranteed random 2 and maybe a lucky third. At least then they'd be somewhat worth it.

Now, I'm probably an idit for asking this but...do you get Gold BArs from sparcly things inside dungeons/on the ground like in GtI? 'Cause I somehow have 6 of those things XD

I believe you can, I'm pretty sure I have before. That's how I think I got like 17 of them.

Rakurai

The sparkling spots that appear in the overworld can also have Gold Bars once you've passed a certain point in the game.

I kind of doubt there's any places that shower you with them like the detours in GtI did though, since it would be way too easy to max out your stats otherwise.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I just smacked out Mewtwo. I have to wonder, how the hell are we supposed to defeat this thing legitimately? I kind of cheated by using a Sableye and a Spiritomb, but first I tried at least 10 attempts with various other combos and got wrecked every time with an inventory full of Reviver Seeds.

If anyone else is struggling and you really really wanna beat it, you can use a Spiritomb with Curse and a Sableye with Recover and a Ban Seed to defeat it, but you'll KO yourself a few times with Curse so bring a good handful of Reviver Seeds. Still, I consider it kinda cheating because A, Mewtwo can't touch Spiritomb and Sableye thanks to them literally being immune to his entire natural movepool and B, I feel like he should be immune to curse since he's immune to every other source of percent-based damage and similar moves like Endeavor, Pain Split, Two-Edge Wands, etc. It might just be an oversight that he takes damage from Curse.

Also a side rant, am I the only one who's absolutely infuriated by the new mechanic that makes Pokemon go "on break" after you use them? I understand it's to try and force you to use new teams and whatnot, but... Well, why should we be forced to do anything like that? If I wanna use the same 3 Pokemon over and over again, why shouldn't I be able to do that? It causes way more frustration than it's worth, I can't count how many times a Pokemon I really needed to beat a dungeon has been on cooldown.

Rakurai

Something I'm curious about is whether or not Joy Seeds are difficult to get, because they're realistically the only way you'll be able to get your hero/partner caught up enough in levels to make high leveled Pokemon like Hydreigon stop becoming unavailable prior to hitting level 100. Though even if you do that, I've heard legendary Pokemon will still take breaks regardless.

On a different note, I was a little dismayed that TMs were back to being single use and really difficult to get after GtI made them both infinite use and easily accessible. However, I've heard there's apparently sparkling versions of each TM (Like there is sparkling apples) that retain the infinite use property. Haven't actually gotten one yet, though...

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got past poliwrath river yesterday and it seemed like the dungeon was harder than the boss was >.> also just beat Salamance and he wasn't overly difficult either =)

LizardonX

Banned
Something I'm curious about is whether or not Joy Seeds are difficult to get, because they're realistically the only way you'll be able to get your hero/partner caught up enough in levels to make high leveled Pokemon like Hydreigon stop becoming unavailable prior to hitting level 100. Though even if you do that, I've heard legendary Pokemon will still take breaks regardless.

On a different note, I was a little dismayed that TMs were back to being single use and really difficult to get after GtI made them both infinite use and easily accessible. However, I've heard there's apparently sparkling versions of each TM (Like there is sparkling apples) that retain the infinite use property. Haven't actually gotten one yet, though...

I haven't found a single Joy seed and I've beaten the game.

I don't know what they were smoking when they designed the spirit dune dungeon. So many houndooms and growlithes ready to OHKO my chespin...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I haven't found a single Joy seed and I've beaten the game.

I don't know what they were smoking when they designed the spirit dune dungeon. So many houndooms and growlithes ready to OHKO my chespin...

That's not so much an issue with dungeon design as much as it is type matchups being unfortunate. That being said super-effective damage isn't as massive a multiplier as it could be anyway. I didn't have too much trouble going through that dungeon even as a Torchic, and I had to deal with Fire attacks being useless against Flash Fire.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I got past poliwrath river yesterday and it seemed like the dungeon was harder than the boss was >.> also just beat Salamance and he wasn't overly difficult either =)

I Had so much trouble with Poliwrath river. Chimchar runs after an item and uses up 3 Reviver seeds against a Luxio before i can reach them.

Partner pokemon are really getting on my nerves in this game.

LizardonX

Banned
That's not so much an issue with dungeon design as much as it is type matchups being unfortunate. That being said super-effective damage isn't as massive a multiplier as it could be anyway. I didn't have too much trouble going through that dungeon even as a Torchic, and I had to deal with Fire attacks being useless against Flash Fire.

It just seemed like Water types had an unfair edge over everyone else while grasses got screwed.

Well I just cleared the remaining post game dungeons. They were definitely more challenging than the ones in EOS despite only being half as long as those.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Serebii, you didn't warn anybody about the fact Mega Evolution is kind of dangerous and suicidal in this game! I didn't know lacking a human partner make them go berserk after a while and destroy the DUNGEON and SLAUGHTER your party...

My Lucario... His already red hands are stained with Frogadier blood... Oh, and I guess Mewtwo blood.

(I'm being dramatic, but still).

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Quick question, could anyone help me with localisations of various dungeons?

They're listed in the order for each continent when you go to visit them (without missions on them)

Whaddayamean?

You want a list of dungeons as they're listed in the game?

scififan21

Really Megas go nuts on you? Well I definitely won't use it on my Squirtle partner when I get to that point. He'd OHKO my fire-type hero as a Blastoise. XD

LizardonX

Banned
Serebii, you didn't warn anybody about the fact Mega Evolution is kind of dangerous and suicidal in this game! I didn't know lacking a human partner make them go berserk after a while and destroy the DUNGEON and SLAUGHTER your party...

My Lucario... His already red hands are stained with Frogadier blood... Oh, and I guess Mewtwo blood.

(I'm being dramatic, but still).

So Mega stones and rings are actually protective gear 0.0

Also you sure you weren't Korrina in your previous life?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So Mega stones and rings are actually protective gear 0.0

Also you sure you weren't Korrina in your previous life?

Actually it makes sense if you think about it. In the main series, Pokemon require a "strong bond" with their trainers in order to Mega Evolve, so I guess it's logical that if a Pokemon Mega Evolves without a human that it has a strong bond with (I.E. your character) that it would be unstable.

LizardonX

Banned
The Mewtwo fight was some bull****. Thankfully I managed to cheese the fight after many many failed attempts. Shame it went from having psystrike and over 2000 HP to only level 70, 100 HP, and no Psystrike :(

diakyu

I'm interested in how long it'll take people to get to recruit Arceus since God knows I don't have the patience for it.

Also I think that mountain dungeon when going to Lively Town is the first dungeon bellow 15 floors to make me just go "nope". Broke out my guiding wands (or whatever they're called) and just strolled right through it. Me and Swablu are no longer friends.

Last edited: