• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Dungeons Discussion

LizardonX

Banned
My first infinite use TM was dazzling gleam. To this day I have no idea how I got it.

GinGaru

You can apparently find Joy Seeds in the golden sparkles you can only see with the Excavation Looplet. Those aren't very common, but they seem to appear almost everywhere, even in easy dungeons. I did note that monster houses are very prone to having them, though.

I also saw my first infinite use TM: Giga Impact for a whopping 5,400 P in a dungeon's Kecleon shop. Probably would've tried to steal it if I had the resources.

How do you steal item from him?

psyrose3

How do you steal item from him?

Planning, a lot of item spam, and praying to Arceus that you don't die a horrible death. People used to have outlandish strategies for fighting Keckleon because that was the only way we could recruit him, back in the day. Now, we don't recruit other Pokemon by defeating them in the dungeons for this game. Stealing from Kecleon is p much a moot point here.

Interesting note that there are Kecleon Shops even in the first couple of dungeons, too. Let's just say I tread through those shops extremely carefully and don't pick anything up (because my resources and life do depend on it).

I'm fairly certain that infinite use TMs can come from red treasure boxes that drop from enemies in the harder dungeons.
I've found two to date and one had an infinite Dazzling Gleam and the other an infinite Rest.

EeveeSoulSilver

Dragon Trainer
I've already finished the game and the epilogue. I'm going after legendary pokemon now. Some of them are pretty tough, especially Zekrom and Reshiram, who I recruited yesterday.

Fulisha Light

Somehow Yveltal was easy (only used Oblivion Wing once to boot). He kept getting frozen by Ice Beam xD and I only fainted once to that fight~

The dungeon was fairly easy as well, and the final boss was... interesting.

I like the use of Team Tactics in the charging attack; never got hit. And I can see why Dragoniss suggested ranged attacks (took me a second to realize Dark Matter was a bit far away). Funny thing is, Dark Matter kept hitting Mudkip during the first portion of the fight. Thanks to my Detect Loopet, I managed to keep the Reviver Seed use down to all 4 of my tiny ones and 1 regular used. In the second phase, Mudkip ended up loosing all his PP, and I had confusion on me. I left him to wait since the previous charged attacks had the same safe spot, and since I was confused, I just threw my Blast Wands at it. "Have some more Wands! I GOT PLENTY OF EM'!"

And that's how I beat Dark Matter xD Wands; the greatest item ever created for this game. Saved my ***.

GinGaru

Planning, a lot of item spam, and praying to Arceus that you don't die a horrible death. People used to have outlandish strategies for fighting Keckleon because that was the only way we could recruit him, back in the day. Now, we don't recruit other Pokemon by defeating them in the dungeons for this game. Stealing from Kecleon is p much a moot point here.

Interesting note that there are Kecleon Shops even in the first couple of dungeons, too. Let's just say I tread through those shops extremely carefully and don't pick anything up (because my resources and life do depend on it).

I never thought you could beat him
I was so scared of him in the previous games

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
This has been driving me nuts; does anyone know what connections are needed to get Tirtuga to start traveling? I have electivire, skarmory, marowak, feroseed, avalugg, and floatzle all connected and no quests waiting from them. Am I misunderstanding that you need to have a connection to it before you can find it?

Also, Serebii said something about traveler locations showing up in the ticker on the connection orb. Is this the part that says 'menu, move, zoom, high speed'?

Rakurai

The travelers only show up on the ticker when you have absolutely no other job requests available to take, meaning there's a fair chance some traveling Pokemon will end up being among the last you ever get.

...I still haven't found Deino or Zweilous after 44 hours now.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
The travelers only show up on the ticker when you have absolutely no other job requests available to take, meaning there's a fair chance some traveling Pokemon will end up being among the last you ever get.

...I still haven't found Deino or Zweilous after 44 hours now.

Thanks for the quick response! Sorry you still haven't found Deino or Zweilous; good luck to you. I've found another seven or so traverlers today, but no Tirtouga yet. Maybe I will get to Carracosta sooner afterall...

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
What's the point of Speed in these games? I get it lowers the damage done by Electro Ball, but it also buffs Gyro Ball's damage, so a low Speed seems just as beneficial as a high Speed.

I wanna know cause I'm almost done maxing my Azelf's Sp. Atk, and I wanna know what stat I should work on next. I'm thinking I'll probably split my bars between Defense and Sp. Def.

LizardonX

Banned
Oh God mesprit is one sadistic SOB. His dungeon was so long I died from starvation twice. Then he had the nerve to make a crack about the length of the journey.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Oh, wow. That's so mean! Now for some reason I can't wait to tackle further dungeons like such.

I just reached Lively Town recently, the arrival was so worth the trek through the dungeons I went through prior!

scififan21

Really I found Deino by accident. I didn't know he was so hard for you guys though, and I picked up Hoopa as well. Got about 220 or 230 pokes recruited so far saving legends for last.

Torpoleon

Are there any easy and quick ways to level up? My hero and partner have evolved once, but they are only in their mid-20's. It'll take forever to reach level 36.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Are there any easy and quick ways to level up? My hero and partner have evolved once, but they are only in their mid-20's. It'll take forever to reach level 36.

The only real way to level them up is to either use the seeds or bring motivated Unowns along, otherwise it's pretty slow leveling them up.

LizardonX

Banned
Levels can go by pretty fast in the postgame when you're blazing through legendary and treasure dungeons one by one.

I have a level 68 florges that I have literally never used once. I only knew it was so high when I did a sort by level search.

Torpoleon

The only real way to level them up is to either use the seeds or bring motivated Unowns along, otherwise it's pretty slow leveling them up.
You mean like Golden Seeds, or whatever they are called? Are they easy to find in this game?

Creyk

There is a way.
what you need:

Investigation Brigade Rank Gold

A strong Pokemon (or several) who knows Heat Wave or Sacred Fire (e.g. Charizard or Entei)

(Optional) Mist Ringlet (obtained from beating Mewtwo) which lowers your PP usage

If you've got the basic necessities, go to the Sand Continent and enter the Mysterious Geoglyph dungeon. It's 8F, difficulty: super hard, probably third from the bottom of the list. If you've already been here, you should know it's full of Genesects.

Go to the last floor.
What's neat about this is that the entire floor is actually just one room, which means you can use a room-wide attack to kill all of the Genesects at once.

Each Genesect should give 125 exp and there should be 5 Genesects each time they respawn. If you wipe them all out at once, you'll get 625 exp. (If you bring a super motivated Unown, you'll get 1250 exp).

Additionally, remember that you can skip turns by pressing A+B. Incidentally, if you set the room-attacking Pokemon to be an NPC, they'll attack as soon as the Genesects spawn, which means you can just hold A+B and only worry about your Belly and your PP.

If you do this for a looong time, you'll get a message that the wind is starting to blow. If you keep going, this message will pop up two more times (making three). The fourth time this message pops up, you'll be swept away by the wind and the excursion will FAIL (meaning you have to restart and, presumably, all of your grinding will be lost).

Bring lots of apples and PP ethers (using the Mist Ringlet is obviously helpful here), but you don't have to worry about bringing a ton of big apples or PP Maxes because the "wind blowing" message will come long before you run out.