• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Discuss the soundtrack of Super Mystery Dungeon here! If you're looking for somewhere to discuss your favorite themes then this is the thread you're looking for. As always, all forums rules apply and be extra careful with themes that may spoil things for others.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The music in the game is the most wonderful thing. The fact they brought it all to be listenable in the Jukebox is great.

Some is so relaxing, it makes this theme the best theme

dungeon2.jpg

It's the partner's theme

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
OH MY GOSH! I just found out that this exists! That is my absolute favorite piece of music ever created and they remixed it! Not only that, but it sounds better than ever! It literally brought a tear to my eye when a heard it.

EDIT: Disregard this post. I just found out that I was tricked by a fan-made remix. I can't believe it, that makes me upset (and embarrassed that I freaked out and posted it here). It was a really good remix though.

Last edited:

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Every track i've heard so far makes my ears quite happy. I look forward to getting further in the game. As usual, Mystery Dungeon fails to disappoint when it comes to awsome soundtracks!

Aura24

In some of the Connection Orb missions, I noticed that they are reusing music tracks from Gates to Infinity.

Rakurai

They've indeed reused quite a few dungeon themes from GtI, but I don't have a problem with it, because that game's soundtrack was superb overall.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
OH MY GOSH! I just found out that this exists! That is my absolute favorite piece of music ever created and they remixed it! Not only that, but it sounds better than ever! It literally brought a tear to my eye when a heard it.

EDIT: Disregard this post. I just found out that I was tricked by a fan-made remix. I can't believe it, that makes me upset (and embarrassed that I freaked out and posted it here). It was a really good remix though.

Wait, wut? I heard it a few weeks ago and also thought it was official...

Overall I really like the soundtracks for PMD and Gates to Infiinity probably had the best track so far. I really enjoyed the arctic feel to some of them in that game. I listened to a few of the dungeons in this game and they sounded great like always. Don't want to spoil myself with some of the other music like the final boss though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Wait, wut? I heard it a few weeks ago and also thought it was official...

Glad I'm not the only one who fell for it. The only reason I figured out it was fake was that it sounded suspiciously similar to a remix I had heard a few years ago. Out of curiosity, I went to look up that remix and discovered that it was exactly the same. I then searched for Super Mystery Dungeon Dialga's Fight to the Finish and nothing besides that one video came up. If it was real, many others would have posted it by now. It really is a shame, because that was such a great remix, and with this game focusing on both Legendary Pokemon and the past Mystery Dungeon games, it would have made a lot of sense to remix Fight to the Finish and put in for a fight with Dialga (even if it's not Primal). Oh well...

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Glad I'm not the only one who fell for it. The only reason I figured out it was fake was that it sounded suspiciously similar to a remix I had heard a few years ago. Out of curiosity, I went to look up that remix and discovered that it was exactly the same. I then searched for Super Mystery Dungeon Dialga's Fight to the Finish and nothing besides that one video came up. If it was real, many others would have posted it by now. It really is a shame, because that was such a great remix, and with this game focusing on both Legendary Pokemon and the past Mystery Dungeon games, it would have made a lot of sense to remix Fight to the Finish and put in for a fight with Dialga (even if it's not Primal). Oh well...

It's really weird because the same guy uploaded 10 hours of other music from the game that also seem to be official (unless they are also fake, then I'd need to find another upload to make sure). A lot of the Dialga remixes seemed similar to me anyway and the comments were freaking our too, so I didn't really consider it, lol

I was listening to the dungeon music that was towards the end of the ost, and imo they don't sound as much of an epic finale as Sky Tower, Temporal Tower, and Glacier Great Spire, but I'm probably just missing something. The numbering on the ost might be misleading me

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I've just finished the main story arc right now and about to start progressing into the post-game and I need to stop for a moment to point out how great all the music was. Every variation of the classic boss theme was spectacular and made such a simple theme feel so dynamic and energetic to fit the battle. Also liked the other special battle themes and most of the dungeon themes (Cave of Training is the first I remember) have been fantastic. I can't wait to hear what else they threw in here.

YZPQGMV

TRICK MASTER is cool
Yeah, some tracks were just shamelessly reused from Gates to Infinity, which already had a good soundtrack. They were probably tired of remaking "Stop! Thief!".

Last edited:

Rakurai

The music in the game is the most wonderful thing. The fact they brought it all to be listenable in the Jukebox is great.

Some is so relaxing, it makes this theme the best theme

dungeon2.jpg

It's the partner's theme

I loved that song when I first heard it from the 3DS theme, and I think it's still my favorite song in the game. The latter half of it gives me the feels, and I have a rather strong impression they're going to use it for precisely that in the ending.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Overall, I really love the music I'm hearing so far from the game. I find this song in particular to be AMAZING: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqlOslYlfc

That's one of the things that I love about this game is that they took some of the music from PMD2 and completely revamped it.

It's a shame there's no remix of Time Gear though, unless I missed it.

Rakurai

To be honest, most of the songs in this game haven't stuck out as being quite as memorable as the ones in GtI so far. Even though I hadn't heard them in years, I could identify all of the tracks from GtI immediately, but I have a hard time imaging myself doing the same for this game.

I've still got the last few dungeons ahead of me, so I'm hoping there's some gems I've haven't heard still.

YZPQGMV

TRICK MASTER is cool
A few stick out pretty well, like the Partner's Theme (along with the many times they reprise it - I liked this theme before the game even came out when it was in that 3DS theme), the final boss theme (good as always - holy crap this one was awesome, even better than Dialga's Fight to the Finish), and the remixed Amp Plains theme from Time & Darkness (my nostalgia on overdrive).

Great Spire from Gates to Infinity remains my favorite theme out of both 3DS titles, and a lot of stuff in Super Mystery Dungeon come quite close, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Just going through dungeon themes, I've liked all the new ones more than what I've heard of the GtI music so far. Lush Forest is an incredible track to have in the first non-tutorial dungeon and it stuck out to me immediately. Ancient Barrow is also great, Revelation Mountain is incredibly powerful atmospherically and Sheer Mountain Range is so heroic and a fantastic track to start your foray into the bigger adventure. Gentle Slope Cave is also a fun track, if only for how lively it is. Even later, Fire Island Volcano and the battle theme for the subsequent boss fight are both great, as is Showdown Mountain. As for more spoiler-sensitive themes:

Resolve of a Legendary Trio and Entrusted Hope are both amazing tracks that really heighten the impact of everyone else (including the legendary beasts) sacrificing themselves to get you back to the regular world. The Yveltal battle theme was also really solid and really fit for a battle theme that wasn't just a curbstomp even though you were fully evolved during it. The final boss themes were also great, particularly the first Dark Matter fight. I'd honestly be willing to say I liked the Dark Matter themes more than Primal Dialga's theme. Boss Battle with Great Powers is also a great theme for legendaries.

The GtI music in this game is great though, but I've personally enjoyed the new stuff the most, and the boss theme variations if we consider that to not be new stuff.

Rakurai

I think this game probably had the best final boss theme out of the series, IMO.

However, I found the soundtrack less memorable then Gates overall.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think this game probably had the best final boss theme out of the series, IMO.

However, I found the soundtrack less memorable then Gates overall.

I'm assuming you've read my freak-out about Dialga's Fight to the Finish earlier in this thread. For a piece of music to be better than that would require it to be pure perfection, at least in my mind. At the very least, you do have me intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.