• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon Music Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
So I just went to the Dragon's Gate. I was only expecting to fight Rayquaza, but then Dialga appears. AND THE MUSIC WAS FIGHT TO THE FINISH!!!! That was a wonderful surprise. Not as nice as if it had been remixed, but wonderful none the less. (Yes, I care way too much about that theme)

It nice having Rayquaza's music too. I wonder why they didn't use Palkia's music from Explorers, it too had a unique theme, and was pretty good.

Yeah lol, there's so much hype when battling them while listening to their old themes! I was pretty let down when I saw Palkia and expected to hear it's own battle music like Dialga...

Sometimes I wish the Mystery Dungeon osts would be available on ITunes or something, cause I would totally buy them

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah lol, there's so much hype when battling them while listening to their old themes! I was pretty let down when I saw Palkia and expected to hear it's own battle music like Dialga...

Sometimes I wish the Mystery Dungeon osts would be available on ITunes or something, cause I would totally buy them

I'd buy them too in a heartbeat.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I had been wondering the same thing. Been pretty bummed when I found out they were not on iTunes.

Maybe Gamefreak will release them at a later date like they have been with their main games recently.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Maybe Gamefreak will release them at a later date like they have been with their main games recently.

I don't know for sure, but I doubt Game Freak owns the music, as this game is made by a different company.

jts2392

So much of the music has stuck in my mind like glue. The soundtracks for the four main games have gotten progressively better imo. Love how the final boss theme is another remix of the "main theme" for the game (Time Gear in PMD2, Theme of Hope for GTI and the Partner's Theme here), and the Tree of Life: Roots theme has really, really, really grown on me, no pun intended. (Also, is it just me or does it include a remix of the Magnagate theme from GTI??)

When I played my first side-story dungeon in Chapter like 4 or 5 and heard Ragged Mountain's theme, I legit stopped what I was doing and stared at my 3DS screen with my mouth wide open in a smile. The amount of recycled tracks from GTI does feel a bit like overkill at times though, especially postgame (however, I've only gone a very shallow length into postgame so here's hoping). Lush Forest set the tone for the soundtrack very early on, and I love how there are three different variations of the general boss theme from Red/Blue Rescue Team that's existed for roughly a decade now - it was a great touch (especially the rock variation which I didn't expect). I also grew attached to the School Forest theme. Revelation Mountain was truly awesome (I'm guessing the producers loved it too, because they made you listen to it twice in the plot and not once haha) and gave me shivers. Gentle Slope Cave sounded like a spy mission, which was unique and I liked it.

Every theme used in stone limbo was incredible. Abyssal Badlands set the tone beautifully....the most eerie piece of Pokémon music I've heard thus far, minus maybe the Eterna Forest ghost house theme. Reverse Mountain was majestic, Prehistoric Ruins was grand, Road to Primeval Forest was captivating, and Tree of Life: Roots is arguably better than Temporal Tower, certainly on par with both Temporal Tower and Sky Tower, and heaps better than Great Spire. Although personally, the Tree of Life: Trunk theme was a bit of a momentum killer and wholly unnecessarily subdued the mood of all of the events taking place.

Both final boss themes were far better than their GTI counterparts, the first theme especially. Although the voices at the start of the second theme instantly gave me chills. They don't quite fit the presentation of the final boss better than the Bittercold's themes, though. Also, I love the amount of old and new boss themes overall - kinda wished that there was more variety still, like with Palkia as mentioned, but hey, I'm not gonna complain about so many boss themes included in the game already.

Overall, I think the soundtrack is the best in the series, so far. It has the sound and song styles of Gates' with the punch and catchiness of Explorers' and includes so many themes from those games as well. Also, thank god there's a jukebox. That's another thing they got right.

That and Fire Island Volcano. I have listened to that theme for 6 hours straight without getting tired of it. Whoever wrote that, I want to buy you a cake.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm finding most of the soundtrack to be pretty meh so far, but I nearly lost my mind hearing the rock version of the boss theme. And here I thought nothing would top Explorers' boss theme.

Second dark matter battle. THAT THEME, OH MY GOD. It sends perfectly the "Don't give up" message, when you think every pokemon tried their best to give you time, stopping the Tree of Life, and Arceus saying that YOU and your partner are the last hope, s**t just got serious

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
This game has a wonderful soundtrack. I can't help going to the jukebox just to listen to it.

Some of the themes that REALLY stick out for me are the boss themes, Fire Island Volcano and the final dungeon Tree of Life. The themes for Lively Town and Sahra Town are pretty catchy too.

Alexander Dusk Lycanroc

Trainer determined to protect friends
To be honest, Dark matter phase 2 theme, when I heard it, I couldn't stop listening to it. I just love it. Plus the partner's theme (normal) is perfect when trying to calm down, I don't really like the music box version that much. But the music is so good!

Alexander Dusk Lycanroc

Trainer determined to protect friends
The Partner theme, to me, it kinda calms me down and helps me focus. I also like The School boss themes. The beats for it are legit just the 'Cant go farther' sound effect when you walk into a wall from the Normal games. But the rock version hit me H A R D.

Status
Not open for further replies.