• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Kage-Pikachu

True, Rock could use some attacks with better secondary effects. Stone Edge is too inaccurate to often make use of its secondary high crit rate and Rock Slide with its flinching is very inaccurate too. That's true about Dragon's, they've always struggled with decent STAB moves especially since they usually only hit for neutral damage. I often wonder why Dark is't strong against Normal, especially since it's Evil in Japan.

They should just dedicate an entire town or route to mini games. Heck, maybe a island or something which is separate from the main game.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe they can introduce some more powerful special Rock-type moves other than Power Gem to increase the diversity of moves in its type and hopefully it's accurate and not just powerful or maybe more Pokémon can learn Power Gem.

Yeah, they can have different houses for different minigames. I liked Head It from Pokémon Amie because I was able to get high scores from it. Maybe they could bring back minigames from the older games along with new minigames and rare rewards like Gold Bottle Caps, Bottle Caps, Max Revives, PP Maxes, etc. can be given out to convince players to participate

Kage-Pikachu

Maybe they can introduce some more powerful special Rock-type moves other than Power Gem to increase the diversity of moves in its type and hopefully it's accurate and not just powerful or maybe more Pokémon can learn Power Gem.

Yeah, they can have different houses for different minigames. I liked Head It from Pokémon Amie because I was able to get high scores from it. Maybe they could bring back minigames from the older games along with new minigames and rare rewards like Gold Bottle Caps, Bottle Caps, Max Revives, PP Maxes, etc. can be given out to convince players to participate
True, Aurorus could definitely need a stronger special Rock type move (though i doubt it will affect its competitive usability :)()) and Minior would be able to function as a mixed attacker.

That'd be a great idea! EXCEPT FOR DROWSEE'S CRAPPY MINI GAME! I swear, my Drowzee always starts off with Z's from the get go...I've always hated that game.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
True, Aurorus could definitely need a stronger special Rock type move (though i doubt it will affect its competitive usability :)()) and Minior would be able to function as a mixed attacker.

That'd be a great idea! EXCEPT FOR DROWSEE'S CRAPPY MINI GAME! I swear, my Drowzee always starts off with Z's from the get go...I've always hated that game.
It's just its typing and how slow it is combined that makes it so bad at competitive. Minior is certainly better but the Speed creeping is certainly affecting it. Maybe they can start making more defensive and bulky Pokémon to deal with the Speed creep.

I do like some of the Stadium minigames too and it's been a long time since. I wish that some will be brought back.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not expecting a large amount of new Pokemon this time around. GF has shown that they are concerned about how many there are and they are cutting down on how much they add in one gen. The only way that we will ever have a large amount of new Pokemon again is if they completely reboot the franchise and remove all already existing Pokemon, which I don't think will happen in this game.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm not expecting a large amount of new Pokemon this time around. GF has shown that they are concerned about how many there are and they are cutting down on how much they add in one gen. The only way that we will ever have a large amount of new Pokemon again is if they completely reboot the franchise and remove all already existing Pokemon, which I don't think will happen in this game.

They're probably going to keep it to approximately as many as they gave the last two times.

Reception for the Gen 5 species wasn't nearly as positive as other generations, and that's the last time they released a truly large amount - they might be partly worried about the total, and partly worried that too large a group of new 'mons leads to less quality control.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect more than like 90.

Grey Wind

I actually prefer the smaller generations. I love Gen 5 but there were a lot of useless or forgettable Pokemon in that lineup, and I don't think that was much of a problem for Gen 6 and 7. You can tell they really try to give everything something to make it unique or stand out, even if it's a gimmick.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They're probably going to keep it to approximately as many as they gave the last two times.

Reception for the Gen 5 species wasn't nearly as positive as other generations, and that's the last time they released a truly large amount - they might be partly worried about the total, and partly worried that too large a group of new 'mons leads to less quality control.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect more than like 90.
Yeah. The large amount of new Pokemon led to a decline in creativity which lead to many Gen 5 Pokemon being rehashes of Gen 1 Pokemon.

Kage-Pikachu

I'd be ok with 100 new Pokemon, and maybe some more alternate Pokemon forms. Like if they don't want to evolve Porygon Z but still want to perfect its program, give it a hold item that changes it to a different for which can both fly and do things outside of its programming. I really want to see Porygon reach a perfect stage as the original man made Pokemon.

I used to see Jynx and Mr. Mime in the same category of Electabuzz and Magmar, they were originally base Pokemon who eventually got pre-evolutions, I still want to see both of the evolve, especially since Mr. Mime is now Psychic/Fairy... I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding Jynx so it will probably NEVER evolve or be relevant, but Mr. Mime could still use a buff, especially since it was one of a kind in the original games. Don't get me started on poor Farfetch'd. Tropius is a nice looking Pokemon, I think it'd be great it it got an evolution as well, or a new form (it can be explained as changing due to the different climates). Maybe give Avalugg an evolution since he's still considered an iceberg, maybe Glaceon! Oh wait, lol...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'd be ok with 100 new Pokemon, and maybe some more alternate Pokemon forms. Like if they don't want to evolve Porygon Z but still want to perfect its program, give it a hold item that changes it to a different for which can both fly and do things outside of its programming. I really want to see Porygon reach a perfect stage as the original man made Pokemon.
Maybe that one could be a branched evolution of Porygon2 with the evolution item being some more stable disc.
I used to see Jynx and Mr. Mime in the same category of Electabuzz and Magmar, they were originally base Pokemon who eventually got pre-evolutions, I still want to see both of the evolve, especially since Mr. Mime is now Psychic/Fairy... I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding Jynx so it will probably NEVER evolve or be relevant, but Mr. Mime could still use a buff, especially since it was one of a kind in the original games. Don't get me started on poor Farfetch'd. Tropius is a nice looking Pokemon, I think it'd be great it it got an evolution as well, or a new form (it can be explained as changing due to the different climates). Maybe give Avalugg an evolution since he's still considered an iceberg, maybe Glaceon! Oh wait, lol...
I personally see Jynx fit more into that category than Mr. Mime because of Smoochum being Gen 2 and Mime Jr. being Gen 4. Maybe Tropius for some weird reason gets a regional variant too. I've been thinking about relocating the Ice Rock earlier so that players can get Glaceon at an earlier part of the game.

MiloticTwins

We are not sure about whether Z-moves are confirmed or denied for the Generation VIII Pokémon main series video RPG for the Nintendo Switch? But we’ll see, won’t we?

BCVM22

We are not sure about whether Z-moves are confirmed or denied for the Generation VIII Pokémon main series video RPG for the Nintendo Switch? But we’ll see, won’t we?

We know nothing about these games except for the most preliminary details. Far, far too early to ask about Z-moves or Mega Evolutions or any question that isn't "when does it release and for what platform?"

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Honestly I'm tired of gimmicks like Mega Evolution and Z-Moves. I'd rather want them to focus on bettering the world, story, and gameplay without any gimmicks.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think both Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions will be kept because in one way Megas were kept in Sun and Moon and the same is expected to go with Z-Moves too.

Akashin

I think both Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions will be kept because in one way Megas were kept in Sun and Moon and the same is expected to go with Z-Moves too.

This. It was a pointless argument in Gen VII, and it's a pointless argument now. Until the moment they tell us either of these things aren't coming back, it's safe to assume they are; they don't need to re-affirm this to us every three to four years.

Hopefully Gen VIII doesn't introduce yet another similar gimmick, though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
This. It was a pointless argument in Gen VII, and it's a pointless argument now. Until the moment they tell us either of these things aren't coming back, it's safe to assume they are; they don't need to re-affirm this to us every three to four years.

Just had to say that it’s essentially guaranteed that they will return in case the newer fans didn’t know. There were rumours that Mega Evolution wasn’t coming back for Sun and Moon and they were disproved so it will be the same case here. But then I’d like to see the use of motion controls to perform Z-Move poses.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Confirmed information about the 2019 Switch game:
Will include "many" new Pokemon
Great. I like being able to work with a fresh roster.

I have to say, the last few games have been a little bit boring when it comes to scurrying about in the tall grass. The Kalos dex was pretty remarkable for its size and distribution, as well as seeing the new 3D models for the first time...But come ORAS and SM, I'd seen and raised so much of the roster before, and the novelty of the 3D models wore off...So I'm walking around Hau'Oli City and early game routes of Moon just wondering "Where are all the new Pokemon!?".

I guess the one thing I like about Alola in particular is that every Pokemon feels inspired, or like they have a role in this Region's unique culture. But I'm not sure how much of a correlation there is between that and the size of the group...

Anyway. Here's to a-lot of great new faces.

Will have better graphics than any Pokemon game released up til now
Well...With a comment like that, I would love if the game takes a page out of Pokken...I really love the attention to detail that's gone into the Pokemon. Although it's also a more realistic approach, and I don't see them adapting it to the mainline. The models in Pikachu & Eevee appear to have been polished quite nicely for HD, even more than I expected. I'm pretty happy with that look.

As for the world...I NEED THIS.

WVW69jRVDTQ0mXrFqV

That Pokemon Center is begging to be in an RPG!

Just in general, the arenas in Pokken depict the kind of world I'd like to explore in a core RPG. Grand in scale, with lots of neat little interaction between people and Pokemon that bring it to life.

Will be directed at experienced players

Ultra Sun and Moon have given me a bit of hope in regards to difficulty...The Z-Trainers who challenge you with held items, NPCs with EV investment, Totem Bosses containing genuine attempts at strategy and team synergy...

The exploration needs work though. If this is really aimed at experienced players, then things like the Rotom Dex 'advice' and the nonstop railroading need to go. Tutorials have got to be optional. Let's make cutscenes skippable. Difficulty settings. The works.

Orphalesion

Just to avoid any confusion, I didn't mean that they should choose either Z-Moves or Megas and remove the other, I agree they aren't gonna do that. Instead I'd prefer it if they stuck to one of them as far as expansion of the gimmick in future generations goes rather than piling on gimmick after gimmick after gimmick.
The other would still be kept, but just not expanded on as much, or at all.

And personally I'd prefer Z-Moves since right now is seems like Megas prevent that Pokemon from receiving any other, permanent evolutions or regional forms (and seem to be handed out mostly to "fan-favourites") while Z-Moves don't put that baggage on a Pokemon.

Baggie_Saiyan

I'd prefer aesthetic gimmicks like how following Mons was for HGSS. Gen 2 had the awful baby Mons dex filler gimmick. Gen 3 had double battles, natures and abilities (easily the best gen of new gimmicks). Main Gen 4 had the evolution of old mons (and thus more dex filler) gimmick, Gen 5 had more battle gimmicks etc.

Dex gimmicks might be worse for me now I think about it.

Great. I like being able to work with a fresh roster.

I have to say, the last few games have been a little bit boring when it comes to scurrying about in the tall grass. The Kalos dex was pretty remarkable for its size and distribution, as well as seeing the new 3D models for the first time...But come ORAS and SM, I'd seen and raised so much of the roster before, and the novelty of the 3D models wore off...So I'm walking around Hau'Oli City and early game routes of Moon just wondering "Where are all the new Pokemon!?".

I guess the one thing I like about Alola in particular is that every Pokemon feels inspired, or like they have a role in this Region's unique culture. But I'm not sure how much of a correlation there is between that and the size of the group...
For S/M it also didn't help that the majority of new Mons were rare encounters, thankfully later fixed in US/UM.

I think 90-100 Mons is a right number. BW1 was too overwhelming esp since no access to older Mons but later fixed in BW2 by allowing access to older Mons earlier. I think a lower count allows for more better designs as evidence in Gen 6 & 7 imo.

Last edited: