• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Kage-Pikachu

Hehehe, all the more reason to make a game based on a Greek city!

I would love to see a Poison/Dragon type Yamata no Orochi! We already have Pokemon with multiple heads so why not? I still wish Hydreigon's heads were all the same size though, I find it too odd looking with the smaller heads...

Maybe a Medusa inspired Pokemon can have the Ability to cut the opponent's Speed upon switching in (similar to Intimidate). That'd be mean, being so ugly it causes other Pokemon to petrify and lose Speed, lol.

I seriously hope this gen gives Zeraora an alternate form. I know it's rare for mythical Pokemon to receive form changes but I really dislike it being mono Electric basically being inferior to Electivire as a physical Electric type (though that Speed is insane!).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe badges can have an importance in the story and you can only get them once you defeat the gym leader at their full power (I remember in arc 1 of Pokemon Special that Red's badges played an important role in Team Rocket's schemes so maybe something like that can happen). We'd need an entirely different premise to make that work though... Maybe stopping the evil team can be the main plot and then once they gain too much power we go on the gym leader challenge to get stronger to defeat them. Maybe a premise in which the evil team has already succeeded... (but then we'd wonder why the heck the champion and elite 4 didn't do anything, lol, but maybe they could be the leaders of the rebellion!)

I have a crazy imagination, lol
Yeah maybe this time the Badges have a more important role in the story and Badges in the past weren't seen to be very important at all other than that the more you have, the more HM moves you can use. I guess for a long time, Badges also show that the player is more powerful than a certain Gym Leader and it can be seen the more Gym Badges the player has, the stronger the player. But yeah we can encounter the villainous team much earlier in the game and we battle them to find out their Pokémon is too powerful and the player gets taken out before it ends.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
This might seem like an oddly specific nitpick, but I'd really like to be able to customize our character at the beginning of the game. No more ungodly long waits until we get to this town, do these seven things, and have forty battles before we can do so much as change the hair and eyes. Like, it's the biggest, most irritating problem with the seventh generation for me - I can't do anything early on to make the character feel like me, and they're not as well-designed as static characters like Brendan and May. Make it happen faster, Game Freak.

Orphalesion

This might seem like an oddly specific nitpick, but I'd really like to be able to customize our character at the beginning of the game. No more ungodly long waits until we get to this town, do these seven things, and have forty battles before we can do so much as change the hair and eyes. Like, it's the biggest, most irritating problem with the seventh generation for me - I can't do anything early on to make the character feel like me, and they're not as well-designed as static characters like Brendan and May. Make it happen faster, Game Freak.

I agree with this, except for the part where you call Brandon and May "well designed". They both are walking "fashion don'ts".

But yeah, I mean they don't have to give us access to every piece of clothing or hairstyle initially, but a good selection of starter options we can choose from when the Prof asks "What do you look like"

World Turtle

Out of all the theories I've seen regarding Generation 8: Numerology might be the best option for guessing what the next game's legendary will be about.
Or the game's theme at least.
1: Doesn't really have a theme/lore, being first it stands alone
2: Opposites, East (Kanto) and West (Johto)

3: Land (Lithosphere), Sea (Hydrosphere), Sky (Atmosphere) the three spheres that make the Earth (The 3rd planet from the sun).

4: Time and Space operate in a 4th dimension continuum.

5:
The Number of Man (notably in Taoism which the BW Trio were based on)
Free will (the ability to make a choice: Should we choose the path of Truth (Enlightenment) or the path of Ideals (Romanticism)?)
Harmony (Yin-Yang is the balance of opposites)

6:
Love (Kalos/Paris, France = City of Love), Beauty (Kalos is derived from the Greek word for beauty, plus Lysandre was obsessed with beauty)
Balance/Harmony (Zygarde is the Order Pokémon)
Creation ‘six days of creation’ (and the XYZ Trio’s job is to govern the circle of life)

7:
Seven colors in a rainbow (Hawaii/Alola is the Rainbow state)
Rainbows and colors are created by Light (which come from the Sun, Moon, Stars)
Darkness is the natural opposite too Light-the blackness of space.
Necrozma is based partly on a prism which when hit by light creates a rainbow.
Perfection/Finished: The last game on the handheld.

8:
Rebirth, Resurrection, etc. (fitting given it’ll be the first main series game on the console having left the handheld behind)
All possibilities, all directions-aside from up and down (this game was said to be an open-ish world).
Karma (Cause and Effect/Causality)-which influences a person’s rebirth in the next life.
Eight is a number of good fortune/luck (so good karma?)
Eight is solidarity and stability

Eight is the number of Thoth (Egyptian God). Thoth and Hermes/Mercury were treated as the same guy (same with Indra/Zeus/Thor-Gods of Thunder thank you Indo-European mythology). Thoth was “The Lord of Rebirth” and the initiator of transformation. Hermes was the god of travel (directions) and even ferried souls to the underworld (or spirit world-so Rebirth).

Last edited:

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Are there any aspects from Pokemon GO/LGPE that you guys would like to see carried over to the 8th gen games? The big one for me would be compatibility with Pokemon GO, and having GO Park or whatever it is, but you transfer over any Pokémon, no matter the generation.

DSDark

Breeder
Are there any aspects from Pokemon GO/LGPE that you guys would like to see carried over to the 8th gen games? The big one for me would be compatibility with Pokemon GO, and having GO Park or whatever it is, but you transfer over any Pokémon, no matter the generation.

motion control option for throwing the ball when trying to catch a pokemon after battling, pokemon following and riding pokemon. That's literally all I'd like to see move over from that awful game.

Kage-Pikachu

Following/riding Pokemon, overworld encounters, and co-op (just as an option).

We definitely need more trainers with hold items this gen!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
For now I definitely want following Pokémon to make a comeback to Gen 8, compatibility with LGPE and riding Pokémon. In regards to using motion controls to catch Pokémon I definitely want that to be optional so that the good old method of catching Pokémon will be retained and so that we still have the traditional battle format for wild battles.

Kage-Pikachu

I just realized this is the only forum that has the generation's number in the title "Pokemon Gen 8" instead of Pokemon Gen VIII, lol.

I really hope there's something unlocked when connecting thee games to LGP/E like unlocking more Pokemon evolutions in those games or maybe an special event. I think it'd be a complete waste to completely isolate LGP/E from all future and past games so hopefully there's some benefit in connecting them.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I really hope there's something unlocked when connecting thee games to LGP/E like unlocking more Pokemon evolutions in those games or maybe an special event. I think it'd be a complete waste to completely isolate LGP/E from all future and past games so hopefully there's some benefit in connecting them.
Yeah, maybe the ability to get rare items and possibly Pokémon by transferring from LGPE. Maybe there’s a chance you can get Max Revives, Rare Candies or even Master Balls too. Maybe it can also reward BP for battle facilities.

Kage-Pikachu

Rare items would be cool, just anything really. I rarely use my Master Ball since it's so exclusive and I like to keep it in my bag (stupid I know, I don't even use my Max Revives, heh) so I'd be down for having more.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Rare items would be cool, just anything really. I rarely use my Master Ball since it's so exclusive and I like to keep it in my bag (stupid I know, I don't even use my Max Revives, heh) so I'd be down for having more.
Yeah, but mostly with the Master Ball. I’d also like to see more rare items too but for the BP part finding easier ways to grind it can allow the player to get items from the battle facility shop more easily. Competitive items and such rare items that can be purchased there will be a lot easier to get that way.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I'd like to see other peoples Hall of fame teams at the pokemon league.

Like in Origins when Red is entering his pokemon into the HoF, you can see everyones pictures on the wall.

Maybe, Just thier first run through, so the HoF isn't cluttered with one trainer

Kage-Pikachu

Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread...

I didn't think of this til now but since there's 3 Pokeballs in the beginning when you get your starter, maybe the third will be used by Professor Oak and we'll finally get the legendary Oak battle! Or maybe a possible third rival?

I saw the new trailer and I'm glad we can at least battle legendary Pokemon, did that last move look similar to a Z-move? Or is that a regular look for Pokemon Go animations?

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

I've mentioned this before, but what I would love is if we could just [have the option to] create our character from the ground up at the start of the game, and that is how they remain from then on. I would often find myself speeding through certain areas of the game just to get to the next clothing store. Customization shouldn't be this difficult or exhausting (or expenseive).

I strongly hope we are able to have a full on customization this time around. I'm tired of having to go to stores.

Last edited:

Kage-Pikachu

Pokemon meets the Sims, lol, make it happen GameFreak. That's honestly not much to ask, just make customization readily available, we already have to work to get certain items/moves so why not just "give" us this option?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pokemon meets the Sims, lol, make it happen GameFreak. That's honestly not much to ask, just make customization readily available, we already have to work to get certain items/moves so why not just "give" us this option?
You mean being available in the beginning? Yeah, it would be nice if we get some customisation options in the beginning of the game.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
NOOOOOO!!!

I'm alright with having a few customization early on, such as choosing skin tone, eye shape, and those kinds of things. Maybe even a couple of outfits.

But building and expanding your wardrobe and options is part of the fun of having the feature implemented!!!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
NOOOOOO!!!

I'm alright with having a few customization early on, such as choosing skin tone, eye shape, and those kinds of things. Maybe even a couple of outfits.

But building and expanding your wardrobe and options is part of the fun of having the feature implemented!!!
Well yeah, I mean a few outfits, skin tone, eye shape, brow shape, hair style and height in the beginning. For some it will feel like customising a Mii so there could be an option where the player chooses to skip initial customisation and go with the default character. I would still like to have the outfits being unlockable in the beginning though.