• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's almost time for that lol. I've heard from somewhere these games will be intended for veterans of the series, which is something I've been looking forward to. Maybe it's even time for more in-depth and intense cutscenes.
That's just PR speak. I don't think that these games are intended for veterans.

Kage-Pikachu

It's almost time for that lol. I've heard from somewhere these games will be intended for veterans of the series, which is something I've been looking forward to. Maybe it's even time for more in-depth and intense cutscenes.
I sure hope so! I'm still have dreams that Atlas, Game Freak, and Arc Systems work will team up (but that's just a crazy fantasy, lol).

And yes, these games are geared towards veterans according to the official interviews. They will have no relation to Pokemon Go and will follow the style of "Pokemon Sun and Moon" and their predecessors.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How? It's more like the traditional Pokémon RPG as opposed to Let's GO.
I sure hope so! I'm still have dreams that Atlas, Game Freak, and Arc Systems work will team up (but that's just a crazy fantasy, lol).
I don't think that will happen in an eternity. I think that Game Freak is still pretty competent by themselves.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I just think that these games will play exactly like the 3DS games.

Kage-Pikachu

How? It's more like the traditional Pokémon RPG as opposed to Let's GO.

I don't think that will happen in an eternity. I think that Game Freak is still pretty competent by themselves.
Hehehe, I know, I just love the idea of cross-overs after Pokemon Conquest, Pokken Tournament, and I just love those other groups in general. But I know Pokemon is a lot different than Persona.

That's pretty much the plan, but of course they'll have new features.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Which ones? I'm hoping at least it's more on the difficulty of USUM.
Hehehe, I know, I just love the idea of cross-overs after Pokemon Conquest, Pokken Tournament, and I just love those other groups in general. But I know Pokemon is a lot different than Persona.
Yeah. But I don't think Pokémon is influenced too much by crossovers.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
True, I still haven't played Detective Pikachu by the way, maybe the next cross-over they do can be Pokemon meets Gundam, lol, no!
It'll be like Smash where other Nintendo characters cross over lol. At most, I only expect Easter eggs because Game Freak tries to keep other pop culture references to a minimal level.

Creyk

Well...what else would it be?

It is a risky concept though. At this moment everyone is disappointed because let's go sucks and they say...it's okay because the 2019 game will be ok. If the game next year is not top-notch in every aspect there will be so much outrage from the general public.

Kage-Pikachu

Well...what else would it be?

It is a risky concept though. At this moment everyone is disappointed because let's go sucks and they say...it's okay because the 2019 game will be ok. If the game next year is not top-notch in every aspect there will be so much outrage from the general public.
Hearing about them being more "hands on" whatever that means, is kind of concerning to me since I largely play my Switch docked. I'm sure it'll still be a great game though, I just hope that the version exclusives are MUCH more potent than the previous games.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't remember any source saying these games will have more emphasis on handheld mode. It would certainly be nice to play it on TV mode with the increased resolution while capturing the home console experience by playing it on such.

BCVM22

Hearing about them being more "hands on" whatever that means, is kind of concerning to me since I largely play my Switch docked.

Nothing official says this. "Hands on" doesn't at all equate by default to "handheld mode," regardless. It's more apt to mean deeper gameplay with more options - i.e. more you have to account for, thus more "hands on" - than it is to have anything to do with the mode in which you are playing.

Orphalesion

Yeah a game being "hands on" usually just means higher involvement and...well, for a lack of better word, "workload" for the player with the game having less features that make it easier/more convenient for the user. "You'll have to get your own two hands dirty" so to speak. But...like....in a figurative sense.
So no handhelds or actual, physical hands necessarily being involved...except the physical hands you use to play the game.
A PC game can take an "hands on" or "hands off" approach as well.

Kage-Pikachu

Yeah a game being "hands on" usually just means higher involvement and...well, for a lack of better word, "workload" for the player with the game having less features that make it easier/more convenient for the user. "You'll have to get your own two hands dirty" so to speak. But...like....in a figurative sense.
So no handhelds or actual, physical hands necessarily being involved...except the physical hands you use to play the game.
A PC game can take an "hands on" or "hands off" approach as well.
Nothing official says this. "Hands on" doesn't at all equate by default to "handheld mode," regardless. It's more apt to mean deeper gameplay with more options - i.e. more you have to account for, thus more "hands on" - than it is to have anything to do with the mode in which you are playing.
I don't remember any source saying these games will have more emphasis on handheld mode. It would certainly be nice to play it on TV mode with the increased resolution while capturing the home console experience by playing it on such.
Thanks for clarifying that guys! I'm seriously looking forward to the new features

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks for clarifying that guys! I'm seriously looking forward to the new features
Of course I am too. Hopefully these features will be something worth getting immersed into.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Honestly I'm not worried about the "hands-on" comment as much as the mention of these games being a handheld experience you play with friends and the comparisons to XY/SM. Sounds like they're emphasizing social features and not the design/content, which is what the veteran players are actually concerned about. Looking like the 2019 games and LG are just going to be "Casual mode" and "Super Casual mode" with nothing that actually addresses the complaints people have with the recent direction of the series (too much handholding, too linear, too easy, not enough content, etc.).

Oh, and clearly they have 0 understanding of the console market if they consider LG to be a definitive Pokemon console experience. Right, because clearly a game targeted at mobile gamers who like to play games on the go want to spend a lot of time on their TVs. Meanwhile, there's a reason BotW sold so well and people want a Pokemon take on that kind of gameplay.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Honestly I'm not worried about the "hands-on" comment as much as the mention of these games being a handheld experience you play with friends and the comparisons to XY/SM. Sounds like they're emphasizing social features and not the design/content, which is what the veteran players are actually concerned about. Looking like the 2019 games and LG are just going to be "Casual mode" and "Super Casual mode" with nothing that actually addresses the complaints people have with the recent direction of the series (too much handholding, too linear, too easy, not enough content, etc.).

Oh, and clearly they have 0 understanding of the console market if they consider LG to be a definitive Pokemon console experience. Right, because clearly a game targeted at mobile gamers who like to play games on the go want to spend a lot of time on their TVs. Meanwhile, there's a reason BotW sold so well and people want a Pokemon take on that kind of gameplay.
Not everyone wants a Pokemon equivalent of BOTW.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Honestly I want Pokemon in the over world for the 2019 game and also hope they make it possible to avoid wild battles unless you want.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
They already have that. It's called Repel.

The only thing you need is higher level pokemon.

I mean something you DON'T waste funds on. I earn my money for cool outfits damn it. Let me steal repels only to have officer jenny come after me....actually that would be funny like in Skyrim.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I mean something you DON'T waste funds on. I earn my money for cool outfits damn it. Let me steal repels only to have officer jenny come after me....actually that would be funny like in Skyrim.

It sort of defeats the purpose of the game, if you can just toggle on and off seeing wild pokemon.

Encountering wild pokemon, especially new wild pokemon, is a large part of the exploration. Taking that away sorta turns Pokémon into just an average adventure game, rather than an RPG.