• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I've thought about fusion before but I doubt it will work in the Pokemon world.

That would create many many new possibilities and will royally screw up type effectiveness (lmagine Greninja fusing with Garchomp! or Pikachu and Mewtwo!).
Yeah how could that work? It would be better if we kept fusion limited to Legendaries for now.

Marzbar

I'd like to see the move slots increased to FIVE moves.

It would really open up a lot of competitive strategies and give a buff to Pokemon that struggle with 4MSS.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Oh I hope they never do Fusions beyond what they have already done.
The only fusion I want to see is Kyurem combined with both Reshiram and Zekrom to form the Original Legendary Unova Dragon since we never saw what it looked like before splitting apart. The only other fusion I think would be interesting but not necessary is a fusion of the Sinnoh Dragons.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The only fusion I want to see is Kyurem combined with both Reshiram and Zekrom to form the Original Legendary Unova Dragon since we never saw what it looked like before splitting apart. The only other fusion I think would be interesting but not necessary is a fusion of the Sinnoh Dragons.
I don't think we'll be seeing the Original Dragon in action until we get Unova remakes.

BCVM22

I don't think we're ever meant to see the Original Dragon. I think like prehistoric Genesect, it's meant to exist more as flavor text, a backstory, a means to an end, more so than an actual Pokémon.

At any rate, "fusion!" is one of those concepts that people like to suggest every new generation, and then every new generation comes and goes and it's (rightly) nowhere to be seen. Glad we're keeping the tradition alive.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I don't think we're ever meant to see the Original Dragon. I think like prehistoric Genesect, it's meant to exist more as flavor text, a backstory, a means to an end, more so than an actual Pokémon.

At any rate, "fusion!" is one of those concepts that people like to suggest every new generation, and then every new generation comes and goes and it's (rightly) nowhere to be seen. Glad we're keeping the tradition alive.

Additionally if they introduced any sort of fusion mechanic and people would say Pokemon is ripping off Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh. After all they said the same thing for Mega Evolutions when they were announced.

BCVM22

Well that shouldn't be an issue. There are people who know only Digimon, or Yu-Gi-Oh, or Pokémon, or some other genre franchise and believe everything sprouted forth from that wellspring, and that anything even remotely similar is "a rip off." These people will either figure out someday that no franchise invented everything and that most of the genre tropes sprang forth from properties that predate these by decades... or they won't, and they'll keep screeching about "RIP OFFS!!!!!!!1" Either way, you can't account for these people and you shouldn't worry about them.

The bigger and more important note is simply that in a franchise where evolution is MOSTLY permanent, the concept of fusion is impractical as far as gameplay and mechanics, to the point where there's probably no end of reasons why they've never really touched upon it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Pokémon has never truly done fusion tbh. What Necrozma and Kyurem do is more assimilation than fusion. And I don't think the concept really suits Pokémon either. Yugioh is just a trading card game, the monsters don't have actual personalities or characters, they're just cards. Pokémon on the other hand likes to emphasise much more that the creatures are actually alive, with their own minds and personalities and stuff, fusion is a lot less suited for that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don’t think it’ll be Reshiram/Zekrom’s turn yet in Gen 8 so we still won’t see the original dragon yet. But then I don’t think it’ll ever happen this generation.

Kage-Pikachu

I don’t think it’ll be Reshiram/Zekrom’s turn yet in Gen 8 so we still won’t see the original dragon yet. But then I don’t think it’ll ever happen this generation.
Hehehe, who knows, we saw Zygarde's alternate forms in gen 7 instead of gen 6 after all. I still feel that gen got cheated... That's one thing I've been looking forward too since they brought in fusion. I wonder what type it would be, maybe it will look completely different than it does now similar to Vegeto instead of a bulky merger of all 3.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hehehe, who knows, we saw Zygarde's alternate forms in gen 7 instead of gen 6 after all. I still feel that gen got cheated... That's one thing I've been looking forward too since they brought in fusion. I wonder what type it would be, maybe it will look completely different than it does now similar to Vegeto instead of a bulky merger of all 3.
Not too sure about it now but then it seems even after a few generations after Reshiram and Zekrom are introduced, the original dragon wasn’t introduced. And because of that I don’t think Game Freak will bother and it doesn’t seem they even bothered.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
One thing I'm wondering about these games is since they're on the Switch should they continue to use the small pixel sprites when viewing your party and PC?

Personally I'd prefer they continue to use sprites as it'd be a nice callback to previous entries.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One thing I'm wondering about these games is since they're on the Switch should they continue to use the small pixel sprites when viewing your party and PC?

Personally I'd prefer they continue to use sprites as it'd be a nice callback to previous entries.
Since they were used in LGPE they could be used in the new Switch games to create a feeling of nostalgia. But we don’t know if this is the case yet.

Red and Blue

In regards to fusion and gender issues that shouldnt be a problem. One of the requirements of fusion could be that the two Pokemon share the same gender. Or both of them are genderless.

I think fusion between normal Pokemon is an idea worth exploring. Plus I can't think of what else they could do after mega evolution and Z moves.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
In regards to fusion and gender issues that shouldnt be a problem. One of the requirements of fusion could be that the two Pokemon share the same gender. Or both of them are genderless.

I think fusion between normal Pokemon is an idea worth exploring. Plus I can't think of what else they could do after mega evolution and Z moves.

Ultra Mega Evolutions with extra powerful versions of Z-Moves.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

I don't want fusion. Especially fusion between Pokemon and humans. That is too Digimon-like for my liking.

Red and Blue

I don't want fusion. Especially fusion between Pokemon and humans. That is too Digimon-like for my liking.
Who said anything about fusion between Pokemon and humans, lol? Fusion is a gimmick n all sorts of media outside of Digimon or Yugioh. Plus Pokemon already did it with the mascots of Gen 5 and 7. Might as well give it a try with average Pokemon.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Who said anything about fusion between Pokemon and humans, lol? Fusion is a gimmick n all sorts of media outside of Digimon or Yugioh. Plus Pokemon already did it with the mascots of Gen 5 and 7. Might as well give it a try with average Pokemon.
Fusion is not something that brings me joy. It brings a ton of ethical problems.