• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
The official announcement for PK19 will depend on what post-release plans they have for LGPE. I dont forsee any longterm plans or major DLC for them. So they'll probably have a Pokemon Direct in early 2019 to discuss these games and the future of the series.

Stygian

January may be optimistic but I do legitimately think that's when the games will be announced. I can't imagine there were post-release plans for LGPE if they were willing to talk about 2019's games alongside it. The bigger movie reveals happen in February too anyways right? Even if the game isn't announced in January I imagine we'll have something new to talk about pertaining to the games in that general time frame anyways.

Cradily17

Switch Online is hardly a "scam" or a" ripoff." That's paying for more stable online infrastructure across every online game on the system, which is good given some of the stability issues when playing any Wii or Wii U title online, and the $20 annual fee is low compared to the competition. Likewise for Bank. Cloud servers need maintenance, stability, and upgrading, and that too comes at a price. And $5 annually - not weekly or monthly, but a $5 bill every year - is considerably cheaper than the second system you previously needed to move Pokémon between games and generations.

Either way, neither one is going anywhere, so if that is in fact the sole factor in your decision, that should make it easy enough for you.
It's not the price that's the issue. It's the kind of services being offered for the price, or the lack thereof. The online is still peer-to-peer, so Nintendo doesn't even have to pay for hosting dedicated servers. Having only NES games is a joke. Being able to create back-up save data is an incredibly basic and essential feature that was free on previous Nintendo consoles but locked behind the service this time. Not only that, but not every game is even compatible with cloud saves. I understand that you're satisfied with the online service, but many other people, including myself, have legitimate issues with it. Unfortunately, as long as no one rightfully calls them out for things like this and is ridiculed by fanboys for doing so, Nintendo won't have any incentive to improve their online service or other things in general. Remember Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Paper Mario: Sticker Star/Color Splash? No one asked for those games. Nintendo can be really out of touch with fans sometimes. Just please try to understand where we're coming from instead of feeling the need to defend Nintendo every single time.

Orphalesion

Kinda bummed that Meltan and Melmetal seem to be either late Gen VII Pokemon or possibly their completely own thing, seperate from any Gen.
Was hoping they were our first glimpse into Gen 8, like Magearana.

Of course they might still turn out to be Gen VIII Pokemon. It's mostly their ties to Pokemon Go and their evolution mechanic being Go related that makes me think they're Gen VII or their own thing.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Kinda bummed that Meltan and Melmetal seem to be either late Gen VII Pokemon or possibly their completely own thing, seperate from any Gen.
Naw, Q1 2019 is when we’ll get our first look into Gen 8, which is to be expected imo.

Orphalesion

Naw, Q1 2019 is when we’ll get our first look into Gen 8, which is to be expected imo.
Of course you are right.

I just hoped they were like Magearna. Wasn't it like that with it? We got Magaearna in fall and then nothing at all for months until the reveal of Sun/Moon?
Might just be remembering it wrong...

Edit: Just checked, yeah I'm remembering it wrong. My bad.

DSDark

Breeder
Of course you are right.

I just hoped they were like Magearna. Wasn't it like that with it? We got Magaearna in fall and then nothing at all for months until the reveal of Sun/Moon?
Might just be remembering it wrong...

Edit: Just checked, yeah I'm remembering it wrong. My bad.

We got the titles Sun and Moon and February and then Magaearna in March and then the first trailer in May

ShadowForce720

We got the titles Sun and Moon and February and then Magaearna in March and then the first trailer in May

No, actually your remembering wrong as we had Magearna get revealed in about Mid February of 2016 and then later that same month we got the titles for Pokemon Sun and Moon although you are right about us getting the first actual trailer in May.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Of course they might still turn out to be Gen VIII Pokemon. It's mostly their ties to Pokemon Go and their evolution mechanic being Go related that makes me think they're Gen VII or their own thing.
I think of them as being part of Gen 7.6. The new Ultra Beasts And Zeraora Are part of 7.5 as they were introduced after Gen VII began and while a year earlier than the usual midpoint of the Gen still were something new. Meltan And Melmetal came in the Middle year of Gen VII But Are not in the Alola games.

BCVM22

The notion of “half” generations is kind of silly. The three additional Ultra Beasts and Zeraora debuted in Generation VII games, which took place in Generation VII’s region. They’re Generation VII Pokémon. No need to overcomplicate it unnecessarily.

Meltan and Melmetal are much more of a grey area, as LGP/E aren’t really Generation VII titles but they certainly aren’t Generation VIII titles either. Seeing if and how they fit into the context of next year’s actual Generation VIII titles will tell much more of the story than our random guesses in the present. I think in ten years we’ll look back and find that LGP/E started to blur the lines of what we consider “generations,” but that’s just a prediction on my part.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Who even needs generations? Abolish the concept completely from LGPE forward, in my opinion. The less Game Freak restrict theemselves creatively and thematically to compartmentalizing changes by system or region, the better, and the less fans should try to box them in. The Switch could be the series’ home for the better part of a decade, and it would be better off as a period of total innovation and change.

Anyway, these next titles are absolutely not getting revealed as early as January - that would be the longest lead time between announcement and release, tied with X and Y, and leaves almost too little time to properly promote the games that just got released mid-November. Games which, mind you, are already selling well. They’ve never moved on to announcing a new game in just two months; even B2W2, with the old staggered release system, still had three months of availability in most areas before X and Y were announced, and half a year in Japan.

I could see February at a push, but I’m betting on later, and as late as May depending on how LGPE do commercially.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I could see February at a push, but I’m betting on later, and as late as May depending on how LGPE do commercially.

I wouldn't mind a reveal coming at E3, especially if Let's Go does very well. Just think about the reaction to the next series if its reveal came at an event like that.

BCVM22

Who even needs generations? Abolish the concept completely from LGPE forward, in my opinion. The less Game Freak restrict theemselves creatively and thematically to compartmentalizing changes by system or region

But it's not a system they invented or abide by in the first place. They can't possibly be "restricted" because we, the fans, group the games logically into numbered generations.

I wouldn't mind a reveal coming at E3, especially if Let's Go does very well. Just think about the reaction to the next series if its reveal came at an event like that.

May and June would be far too late to reveal new-generation core titles intended for a November release. Not nearly enough time to trickle out new Pokémon and new characters and new Gym Leaders and new mechanics and pieces of a new region bit by bit. Even if you want to say "January is too early" for whatever reason, February/March is still more reasonable than May or June.

Nor do I think it has anything to do with how well LGP/E are or are not selling. Marketing reveals are planned out far more in advance than that, to the point where they aren't sitting here in November 2018 without having long since put in a firm plan for at least Q1 and Q2 of 2019 already. And in addition to that, they've told us Generation VIII is coming and they've told us when it's coming. There's minimal ambiguity and they have nothing to hide in that regard - there's no notion of "we can't confirm another game is coming because it'll hurt the sales of this one" because they've already done the former.

Orphalesion

Who even needs generations? Abolish the concept completely from LGPE forward, in my opinion. The less Game Freak restrict theemselves creatively and thematically to compartmentalizing changes by system or region, the better, and the less fans should try to box them in. The Switch could be the series’ home for the better part of a decade, and it would be better off as a period of total innovation and change.

Generation just means " large batch of new Pokemon" so I, for one, definitely need them to stay interested in the Franchise. Don't care about no 2 Ultra Beast and 1 Mythical in USUM, don't care about no melty metal thing in LGPE.
I need my "reasonably large number of new Pokemon" fix at regular intervals.

Creyk

Generation just means " large batch of new Pokemon" so I, for one, definitely need them to stay interested in the Franchise. Don't care about no 2 Ultra Beast and 1 Mythical in USUM, don't care about no melty metal thing in LGPE.
I need my "reasonably large number of new Pokemon" fix at regular intervals.
But we didn't have a large number of new pokemon since gen 5.
6 and 7 barely gave anything.

Orphalesion

But we didn't have a large number of new pokemon since gen 5.
6 and 7 barely gave anything.

70/80 Pokmemon is still reasonably large.

Sure I'd prefer 100+ new species as well. But it sure as hell beats some generation-less "one event legendary in this game and maybe three more species in that game" approach.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
The number of Mega Evolutions and regional variants probably factored into how many Pokemon we got in Generation 6 and 7. If these games dont have a gimmick then maybe we can get 70+ new Pokemon.