• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I do wonder, will we be getting any Eeveelutions this time around?

If not, it will be the first even gen where we didn't get one. Still, I can't help but wonder if it'll actually happen.

I assume you mean the first even numbered generation. While that pattern could be purely coincidental, it would be cool seeing another eeveelution.

DSDark

Breeder
I assume you mean the first even numbered generation. While that pattern could be purely coincidental, it would be cool seeing another eeveelution.

Dragon is the only type from the old special attack type group to not have an eevee evolution

DSDark

Breeder
honestly I'd prefer a poison or bug type. Give those types some love.

I agree Dragon is definitely over done in pokemon. I'd like to see those types and ghost as well.

But back to the dragon overdone in pokemon point. I'd love for the pseudo-legendary to be a dragon killer. Dark/fairy, I just don't want another Dragon/something pseudo

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Yes, am much as I like Dragon type, enough Dragon pseudos. For possible new Eeveelutions: Rock, Poison, Bug, Ghost.

Acer11

In one review on the upcoming game(s), it is said that cutscenes and voices could be a possibility. Again, this rumor is from youtuber RuffledRowlit in his recent video.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
In one review on the upcoming game(s), it is said that cutscenes and voices could be a possibility. Again, this rumor is from youtuber RuffledRowlit in his recent video.

PFFT! I wouldn't put any weight in his videos. For someone who makes a million rumor videos a day he has a surprisingly high amount of duds. Watching him for entertainment I can understand but don't expect anything he says to pan out.

I wouldn't mind voice acting in cutscenes though. Having canon voices outside the anime would be great.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I wouldn't put it past them to not introduce a new Eeveelution. They have been breaking trends for the last couple of years.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Possible. I think there’s a good chance a new Eeveelution will be revealed but I’m not taking too many chances on it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Possible. I think there’s a good chance a new Eeveelution will be revealed but I’m not taking too many chances on it.
Yeah. While they do have a trend of introducing an Eeveelution in every even numbered gen, it would be very easy to break it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah. While they do have a trend of introducing an Eeveelution in every even numbered gen, it would be very easy to break it.
Not necessarily. There’s nothing right now that will strongly hint at either. The best we have right now is the Eevee Tamagotchi that will be coming out on January next year.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Fun thought time!!!!

Gen6 was announced/revealed on Jan8,2013.

Gen7 was announced/revealed on Feb26,2016 (with a more actual reveal around May10,2016).

Meaning in theory, we are very possibly about 2ish months from an announcement of gen8. (Ideally one similiar to gen6 that provides Version names, starters, and a look at a legends at the actually announcement.)

Orphalesion

I'm pretty confident we'll be getting something before Summer. Sure with ORAS and Let's Go they waited till June(?) but those games were just remakes, so there wasn't as much material to reveal in the pre-release period as with a proper, new generation. With these games we have: the Titles, new starters, new box legends, the new main characters, rivals, professors and a new region, new pokemon, any new mechanics and gimmicks they might implement...
They gotta start sooner than ORAS and Let's Go.

BCVM22

It'll be long before summer. Assuming it's an entirely new game, the more months they have to slowly release details via Direct and CoroCoro ahead of release, the better.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Course with GameFreak, at times there idea of surprise isn't the same as ours...

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Game Freak mentioned in a Famitsu magazine that they plan to surprise fans of Pokemon.
Hopefully this surprise helps to continue to break tradition within the franchise. That was one of the things that made Gen 7 so awesome. :D