• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Announcements can happen anytime. And they have a lot of options where to announce it.

- Nintendo Direct
- Official Pokemon websites, YouTube and Twitter pages
- Official GameFreak Twitter and YouTube pages
- CoroCoro
- Even Masuda or Ishihara's Twitter

And again, for reference, here are the months when the games were announced:

January - XY 2013
February - B2W2 2012, SM 2016
April - BW 2010
May - Platinum 2008, HGSS 2009, ORAS 2014, LGPE 2018
June - USUM 2017

DP wasn't technically announced October 2004. More like discovered hidden away in a release listing on Nintendo Japan's website.
Take note that the dates above are primarily for JP announcements. Since the worldwide release began with XY, I'd start with that.

XY was released October, and the rest of the main games after that (ORAS - LGPE) were released November.
I'd say February is the best guess if they are planning for November.

XY and SM, both titular entries to their respective generations, had 9 months between announcement and release. I think they could follow that.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Yeah CoroCoro is not nearly as important as it once was. Remember the whole thing with Sun/Moon where Nintendo seemingly shifted around what information they wanted to reveal, so CoroCoro couldn't show the Box Legends, as they had planned and announced in the previous issue, so they had to print that weird story about sneaking in GF's headquarters to get photos of the box arts of Sun/Moon and accidently screwing said photos up with lens flare?
It was....weird....

Is that really why that happened? I just figured it was some PR thing from GF or CoroCoro trolling/hyping.

Xuxuba

Well technically the game was already announced, we just don't know anything about it yet other than the fact that they are planning to release it this year, even though it might come out later.

To be fair, it's not that much different from when S&M was announced. I remember back then it took them quite a while to reveal anything about Generation 7, other than some concept art i mean. This time we don't have the concept art, but i don't really care all that much for the concept art since it represents something that might not even appear in the final version of game and even if it does, it might look completely different.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well technically the game was already announced, we just don't know anything about it yet other than the fact that they are planning to release it this year, even though it might come out later.

To be fair, it's not that much different from when S&M was announced. I remember back then it took them quite a while to reveal anything about Generation 7, other than some concept art i mean. This time we don't have the concept art, but i don't really care all that much for the concept art since it represents something that might not even appear in the final version of game and even if it does, it might look completely different.

When we're talking about an announcement, we mean a reveal of the name, release date, and potentially other details like the starters, box legends, and gameplay footage. At least with SM, we had the first two and some concept art.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor

Yeah all the art we saw for SuMo was completely different than what we got. Maybe they'll add some of it into gen 8

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The reason why they haven't relied on CoroCoro as much to announce information is because it is Japan only and they want the information to reach a wider audience.

Golden_Arcanine

When we're talking about an announcement, we mean a reveal of the name, release date, and potentially other details like the starters, box legends, and gameplay footage. At least with SM, we had the first two and some concept art.

Pretty much. The only thing we know right now is that there are new games slotted to come out later this year. No names, no legendaries, etc. to discuss.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
They're not celebrating a bit anniversary this year so I doubt it will be that early.
Yeah that’s true. I guess I just hold on to that hope because new generation games have been revealed earlier than other games. But hey, patterns can be broken! (I hope this one isn’t though!)

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
They're not celebrating a bit anniversary this year so I doubt it will be that early.

Have they declared they won't be?

I mean I get your reasoning, and ho estlynestlynto some degree doubt they will announce it then.

That being said there is nothing stopping them from having a "special Pokemon announcement on Pokemon day".

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Have they declared they won't be?

I mean I get your reasoning, and ho estlynestlynto some degree doubt they will announce it then.

That being said there is nothing stopping them from having a "special Pokemon announcement on Pokemon day".

It is completely possible, I just doubt it is all.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Y'all catch Duncancantdie's video about Gen8's region inspiration from the other day?

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Y'all catch Duncancantdie's video about Gen8's region inspiration from the other day?

Yeah. I thought it was very intriguing. Even more interesting, BirdKeeperToby followed up with a video saying he believed it. I don’t know Duncan very well (that video is the only one of his I’ve watched), but Toby doesn’t strike me as a “jump the gun” kind of guy....I certainly would love a UK region though...London, Loch Ness, Wales countryside, and Stonehenge would all be very cool to see in Pokemon. Maybe the Stonehenge location could have some sort of connection to Kalos’ Geosenge town.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Yeah. I thought it was very intriguing. Even more interesting, BirdKeeperToby followed up with a video saying he believed it. I don’t know Duncan very well (that video is the only one of his I’ve watched), but Toby doesn’t strike me as a “jump the gun” kind of guy....I certainly would love a UK region though...London, Loch Ness, Wales countryside, and Stonehenge would all be very cool to see in Pokemon. Maybe the Stonehenge location could have some sort of connection to Kalos’ Geosenge town.

That be fun. I could see a reference that perhaps "Stonehenge" inspired the Kalos super weapon.

What if there was a daily event to pull a sword from a stone and that lead to a wild battle with Honedge? Or better we get a counterpart to Honedge?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
Why are we doing the YouTuber thing again like any of these people know anything?

If you enjoy watching these people that’s your prerogative, but beyond that, there’s nothing of substance.

Because some people do. Obviously not all. In fact most cases not many.

But.... This is a place of discussion, so figured we would discuss. Specially since this guy has some minute degree of credibility.