• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Does this idea seem at all plausible to you?

• Total voters

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wouldn't mind if there's a delay to be honest

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I do not think that the games will be delayed into 2020. It will heavily mess up the anime, forcing them to start airing the Gen 8 anime before the Gen 8 games launch, spoiling some of the new Pokemon and some plot points.

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
I do not think that the games will be delayed into 2020. It will heavily mess up the anime, forcing them to start airing the Gen 8 anime before the Gen 8 games launch, spoiling some of the new Pokemon and some plot points.

They would just delay the new season of the anime. Fillers are very common in the anime.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
They would just delay the new season of the anime. Fillers are very common in the anime.

Yeah but you need to consider the production time. They prob have the whole year story boarded by now. I'm not sure what the turn around is for and episode start to finish, but it wouldn't be that easy to just add a 20episode story arc.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yeah but you need to consider the production time. They prob have the whole year story boarded by now. I'm not sure what the turn around is for and episode start to finish, but it wouldn't be that easy to just add a 20episode story arc.
Yeah. Making a 20 episode arc would take some time. They have to write, storyboard, anime, and record dialogue. You can't do all that in a short amount of time.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Then again if the games still have kinks to iron it is better to delay the release a bit to fix it rather than rush out a game with potentially game-breaking bugs. Patches may be a thing but it certainly may not make fans happy.

ShadowForce720

In regards to whether or not the gen 8 games could be delayed, as far as I know until Nintendo, Gamefreak or one of the other official sources which would know about the current status of the Pokemon gen 8 games say otherwise, the games are still on scheduled to be release this year. However if the games wind up needing more time and wind up getting delayed then the people that are in charge of the anime will likely know before we do, and realistically looking at it if the games wind up getting delayed until 2020 then they will extend the current anime until the gen 8 games are going to come out.

Basically if the gen 8 games get delayed until 2020 then were not going to be getting the gen 8 anime until 2020, and they will add episodes to the current anime and maybe even give us a post-league arc to hold us over until gen 8 is ready. Pokemon is pretty big on synching the new gen games, anime, and tcg so that when a new generation hits it hits all those media around the same time, what this means is your not going to have a situation where the gen 8 games get delayed until 2020 but we somehow get the gen 8 anime this year or the Sun and Moon anime ends and then we go 2+months without a single new episode.

I mean let's make this clear Gamefreak is not a rookie company or a company that is just starting out, it has been at this for quite some time nows, given how old pokemon is now it's very likely that they have taken into consideration the idea that the games might get delayed and have prepared back up plans on how the different media will handle it if the games do wind up getting delayed until 2020. Now obviously Gamefreak still intends for the games to come out this year as, as far as we know things are still going to plan. However if the games do get a delayed and aren't able to come out this year then we will likely get some announcement saying that it's delayed.

So basically until we get a announcement that says otherwise I wouldn't worry about the gen 8 games getting delayed.

DSDark

Breeder
They have plans in place to start the Gen 8 anime this year. Gen 8 has to come out this year.

I would assume that if they knew they were delaying the games the anime department would be filled in too

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I would assume that if they knew they were delaying the games the anime department would be filled in too

Honestly I think they might just opt to not air anything. Then maybe try to get a few specials made to fill the space between. And then the Gen8 anime might start a tad before the games launch than planned.

But as mentioned, chances are they have a pretty good idea on what's happening delay or not, and that is being communicated with the anime group to make plans.

Also.... Why do people think thier is a delay?

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Also.... Why do people think thier is a delay?

People being impatient and/or just putting some food for thought. Honestly if a delay does happen. Good for them. They should cool it on the yearly releases and the polish the main games up more. I'm not going to be mad about that unless the games go into development hell or something like that. Though I will say it's going to be funny the day these games come out and people immediately backpedal because they didn't get exactly what they want. lol.

The first day I'll be expecting news is the 27th since it's Pokemon day and they might do a teaser for fun. Other than that I'll play some other games in the interim.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
There is literally no reason to think that the games have been delayed. There's no reason to even talk about delays because as far as we're aware, the games are on track.

It's time for another Salty possibility prediction though! I'm thinking they'll finish off the 5 day Q&A thing that starts on Pokemon day with the announcement of the games so I suspect there may be news on the 3rd of March. I don't think it will be at the start of the Q&A because I feel they will want to limit the information flow like they always do to maintain a steady reveal schedule.

Thoughts?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
There is literally no reason to think that the games have been delayed. There's no reason to even talk about delays because as far as we're aware, the games are on track.

It's time for another Salty possibility prediction though! I'm thinking they'll finish off the 5 day Q&A thing that starts on Pokemon day with the announcement of the games so I suspect there may be news on the 3rd of March. I don't think it will be at the start of the Q&A because I feel they will want to limit the information flow like they always do to maintain a steady reveal schedule.

Thoughts?

That's the thing I've kinda been thinking.

If they do a tease or trailer at the start, that be all anyone would want to talk about (depending on how open the Q&A is to random questions.) But it also seems like a great way to kick it off.

But waiting till the end seems odd too, specially with a random day of Sunday March 3rd being the last day. Of course...

That said the it's not like waiting to share a teaser will keep a hypothetically open Q&A from not getting bombarded with gen8 questions.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
That's the thing I've kinda been thinking.

If they do a tease or trailer at the start, that be all anyone would want to talk about (depending on how open the Q&A is to random questions.) But it also seems like a great way to kick it off.

But waiting till the end seems odd too, specially with a random day of Sunday March 3rd being the last day. Of course...

That said the it's not like waiting to share a teaser will keep a hypothetically open Q&A from not getting bombarded with gen8 questions.

It really depends what sort of crowd the Q&A attracts. I'm sure a lot of the kids going wouldn't even know about the looming gen 8 announcement but there's bound to be at least a few adults.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
No real reason to believe it's true, specially considering the source, but man do I like these logos.

Dz0XaNeWsAEXnz9