• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Sword and Shield Characters Discussion Thread

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
From the looks of the gym leader and the champion it looks like they're going too over the top with the football/sport theme, the professor and her assistant look good though.

Orphalesion

I really like that Leon and Hop are brothers. I like it when important characters have a background and a connection to the world rather than just randomly existing.

And I adore Professor Magnolia! Grandma Professor! Sonia kinda reminds me of Sansa/Sophie Turner from game of Thrones.

Do we have a name on the Grass Gym Leader yet?
I actually don't mind the "sports" element to his and Leon's designs. Particularly Leon looks very cool and I like how the people in the Grass stadium are wearing the "team colour"
I wonder if we can customize the sports uniform we apparently have to wear...

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
I really like that Leon and Hop are brothers. I like it when important characters have a background and a connection to the world rather than just randomly existing.

And I adore Professor Magnolia! Grandma Professor! Sonia kinda reminds me of Sansa/Sophie Turner from game of Thrones.

Do we have a name on the Grass Gym Leader yet?
I actually don't mind the "sports" element to his and Leon's designs. Particularly Leon looks very cool and I like how the people in the Grass stadium are wearing the "team colour"
I wonder if we can customize the sports uniform we apparently have to wear...
His name is milo.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
My only dissapointment is that, basing on the trailer, the rival chooses the Starter weak to yours:-/

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Me guesses a second rival is onboard.
I think so too. Hop will be like Hau and the other one will be like Gladion.
The official website has got this bio:
Hop is Leon’s younger brother and will become one of your rivals. He and you are neighbors, and you’ll begin your journeys on the same day. He aims to become Champion, just like his older brother did.

Miar

Wigglytuff Guild recruit
>Leon (JP: Dandé which is like Dandy but dandier)
I'd've preferred Arthur since Lance is already taken (Ooh, there's a thought. What if Lance is from Galar?)
Also, Charizard?? Really, GF?

>Hop
Dude, what? I get it, he's like Hau or Benga (Alder's grandson), or maybe more fleshed out. But HOP?

>Magnolia and Sonia
OK, I like them. The prof's a sweet old lady with a Corviknight cane who researches dangerous, super-huge Pokemon.

>Milo
Calling it now, on 6/5/19: Eldergoss's Dex number is #831. If I'm right, I'll make this my sig.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Leon looks dope. Might be my favorite Champion since Cynthia. Hoping that Charizard is not his ace

Hop looks like he’ll be one of my favorite rivals. Cue the complaining that’s he’s not mean lol

Both of the aforementioned characters look like they’re related to Iris

Had a feeling the next Professor would be a female. She looks nice yet sassy.

Sonia gives me huge Lillie vibes

Milo looks like he has potential to be one of Ash’s traveling companions (can we stop getting the same character archetype for Grass Gym Leaders?)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m calling it now: Sonia’s going to be the twist evil team leader for Sword & Shield

I like how they've shaken it up, this time we travel alongside and battle someone else's friends.
Wait, what do you mean?

Last edited:

Creyk

Remember when everyone called the aether foundation being the baddies and then they all turned out to be correct? History seems to be repeating itself.